SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852
Default Scam alert! - avoid walmart.com

walmart now has many outside vendors mixed in and posing as a walmart items being listed amongst everything else until after you buy it. then you get an email from a third party company thanking you for your purchase with them (not walmart) and letting you know it cant be canceled before its shipped or returned unless you pay shipping to return it plus a 25% restock fee and that's when you find out its not sold by walmart so you cannot return it to walmart.

its there in the fine print if you look but if you just expect an item listed on walmarts website to be sold by walmart that's not the case anymore so heads up and read the fine print.

these outside retailers are set up with no cancelation policy even within minutes of making an order and 25% restock fees and refuse to not ship items once they are ordered so they force you to pay high return shipping costs knowing that makes it pointless to try to return anything.

on top of that, if there is any issue with something they tell you its between you and the manufacturer so that pretty much destroys any sort of useful warranty protection because you have to ship it to the manufacturer on your dime and wait 6-8 weeks or more to "maybe" get a response saying if it will be repaired or replaced.

just sayin, treat walmart like ebay from now on and assume you have no warranty or protection for anything you buy unless its clearly stated otherwise that it is sold by and can be returned to walmart.

im a big boy and I know its my fault and my mistake I didn't read the fine print so I got trapped but maybe I can help someone else not get trapped the same way. I just have to pray the window unit works and doesn't arrive damaged, because I have no choice but to keep it or throw it away no matter what it turns out to be.