SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275
Default Rockefeller Green Horsefly bonanza!!!!

kept about 5 dozen crabs... goofed off and tried a couple different spots for crabs.. should have just stayed at the spot where the shrimp were. ended up going back there to catch most of the crabs.

Managed to catch a good bit of shrimp at some of the weirs. Tide was moving pretty hard, I guess shrimp size was around 25-30/lb or perhaps a bit smaller, others referred to them as gumbo shrimp.

If you go make sure you wear long pants, the green horseflys were HORRIBLE.... i wore shorts and when the wind wasn't blowing i was hopping around screaming and cursing like a sailor.

I won't make that mistake again, do any bug sprays help against them? or is it just a matter of covering up.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
kept about 5 dozen crabs... goofed off and tried a couple different spots for crabs.. should have just stayed at the spot where the shrimp were. ended up going back there to catch most of the crabs.

Managed to catch a good bit of shrimp at some of the weirs. Tide was moving pretty hard, I guess shrimp size was around 25-30/lb or perhaps a bit smaller, others referred to them as gumbo shrimp.

If you go make sure you wear long pants, the green horseflys were HORRIBLE.... i wore shorts and when the wind wasn't blowing i was hopping around screaming and cursing like a sailor.

I won't make that mistake again, do any bug sprays help against them? or is it just a matter of covering up.
Lol. Sorry to laugh at your torture. Me and weedeater are making our first trip tomorrow. Do you have any pointers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Red Snapper

Dude.. i kid you not... make sure you wear LONG pants, with rubber boots & socks... they didn't ever bother my arms and neck... But they stay on your legs like stink stays on ****.

sending you a pm.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Flounder

Cash: 746

LOL I think he was talking about tips on the crabs last couple of times we went fished the cement weer and caught our limit
Old 06-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

LOL We went thursday and they ate us alive! I even sprayed reel magic on my legs! It worked the best. I think.The big cement dam was the best on thursday. But everyone else thought so. It was packed
Old 06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

We hit the flats at Rockefeller last Friday and I have never been chewed on that bad. Those things tormented me all day. Fast little boogers too! I relished the slaps that connected.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009

Amber Romance from Victoria's secret seems to work better than Off on those little buggers but long pants do hlep
Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Red Snapper

my legs looked like i had gotten in a knock down drag out fight with about 100 foot of barbed wire. Blood was streaming down them..

I ended up ripping the tshirt i was wearing under my shirt in half, and wrapping each half around a leg. then using a knife to poke holes in the shirt and using some cable ties to hold the tshirts around my legs.

I probably looked like i was wearing the gayest set of gaiters in all of the south louisiana marsh at that time... but the bugs could not bite threw them and i was happier than heck!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:54 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
my legs looked like i had gotten in a knock down drag out fight with about 100 foot of barbed wire. Blood was streaming down them..

I ended up ripping the tshirt i was wearing under my shirt in half, and wrapping each half around a leg. then using a knife to poke holes in the shirt and using some cable ties to hold the tshirts around my legs.

I probably looked like i was wearing the gayest set of gaiters in all of the south louisiana marsh at that time... but the bugs could not bite threw them and i was happier than heck!
Bwaaahhahaa dude that is hilarious! Please tell me you have a pic????
Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
Bwaaahhahaa dude that is hilarious! Please tell me you have a pic????
No... no pics.... I threatened all who mentioned camera's with horrible deaths!

Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Lol. I would have made somebody take a pic of me, that's good memories right there!!