SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455
Default Johnson Bayou 9-5-09

Bout 6 buddies and myself went surf fishing again around Johnson Bayou again yesterday morning. As soon as I got out the truck i hooked a nice trout on top. For about an hour or so we were hammering the fish. I was getting a blow up on every cast. Then a huge school of jacks come in and smoke our topwaters. One of my buddies got spooled twice. Myself and another buddy landed ours, i wish i could have cut him off but it was only skitterwalk i had in that color so i had to fight him for 20 minutes. they were monsters. Then 3 of us each caught a bull red going around 20 lbs. after that the wind shifted out the south and the bite came to a halt. caught majority of fish before 8am. bounced around picking up one or two trout here and there. then decided to head back to lafayette around 11:00am. ended with about 50 trout, 3 bull reds, 2 jack crevelles, and about 10 spanish mackerels. not too bad. released 1 bull red, and jacks and mackerel. my buddy had some democrats that wanted the other 2 bull reds so he kept them. here are pics of one group of trout. we didnt clean them together. and a pic of my buddies' bull reds.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Nice mess of fish!!!! Is that speckdaddys hole??? LOL
Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Swordfish

man a guy my dad is buddies with from beaumont, tx told me about this little spot when i was in college. if the wind is out the north for few days late summer its hot and a lot cheaper than running a boat!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
man a guy my dad is buddies with from beaumont, tx told me about this little spot when i was in college. if the wind is out the north for few days late summer its hot and a lot cheaper than running a boat!

LOL...That was a inside joke!!! Beach fishing is awesome with a north wind in Sept....
Old 09-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Swordfish

yeh i figured that!! i need some inside info on honey holes on big lake for the fall! where they at W?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
yeh i figured that!! i need some inside info on honey holes on big lake for the fall! where they at W?
i gotcha back for sum holes!! and i got sum better ones on the beach, holla at me ill hook ya up. ive been fishin that area and big lake, wade fishin, for 15 years, the fish on the beach are alot bigger than in the lake i think and when ya get that northern wind for a few days, its on!!!! im in lafayette too, holla at me in a pm and we will have a brew n discuss a plan of attack!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Nice mess of fish!!!! Is that speckdaddys hole??? LOL
back, back gimme a quarter mile lmao
Old 09-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Swordfish

sounds good to me! aint nothing funner than wading for big trout!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Ling

Quote:
sounds good to me! aint nothing funner than wading for big trout!
yessir, its bout ta get good.it aint near good yet despite yall slammin em, its only gonna get better. holla
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Swordfish

i know i want to go to rutherford beach after opening morning of teal if north wind is blowing. does rutherford produce like holly beach area? here are few more fish my buddy just sent me from yest trip. he cleaned a few before he took pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7020_1224504853798_1264313061_30652939_7593121_n.jpg (48.9 KB, 196 views)
Old 09-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Ling

Quote:
i know i want to go to rutherford beach after opening morning of teal if north wind is blowing. does rutherford produce like holly beach area? here are few more fish my buddy just sent me from yest trip. he cleaned a few before he took pic.
no way man, hollybeach, johnson bayou, little florida and especially martin beach have hawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!! its hit r miss, but ya get on em, ya get on em!!!! i got the magic bait too, topwaters r fun, but i can stick em and land em a lot faster wif my baits. holla
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Swordfish

yeh we been doing martin beach! the majic bait lately besides top has been those new mirrorlure 4" swimming shad plastic baits chartreuse with salt and pepper flakes
Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Swordfish

well i guess i am gonna have to run from pecan island all the way to martin after opening day of teal! depending on conditions of course! i wish i new what rigs were hot out of pecan island!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Ling

Quote:
well i guess i am gonna have to run from pecan island all the way to martin after opening day of teal! depending on conditions of course! i wish i new what rigs were hot out of pecan island!
i know what rigs are. where ya puttin i nat??????
Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Swordfish

I could launch out of anywhere. Freshwater, rollover, or josephs! I went out freshwater a while back with a buddy to I think like vermillion 16 or 17 and didn't catch Jack. I really don't like scratchin so I try and stick with what I know!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Fish the washout a few miles East of the Jetties and if you can find floating grass beds, hit them. You can catch some good trout on Rutherfords Beach if you have calm water, but you need to throw the lure pretty far out there.