Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 10-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
Cajun has quite a few Epic's. I do like the fish box step in the 25, but the 22 felt plenty big enough for me. It is 22-6" with the same 102" beam. Other than that step with extra box, I didn't see any differences on the boats, well other than $10k

The boat brand really does not matter, but a 24' + boat will ride better than the shorter boats. And plan better in shallow water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger35 View Post
Why did Cajun say they can't finance anything? I used to do Indirect Lending for a local credit union and we did quite a bit of business with Cajun.
They can't use CUAC. If they run me through CUAC I will get an offer with no DOC's needed. Just makes life easier for me since I own my own business. The Credit union they use wants 3 years tax returns, I don't even have 2 full years in business yet. I was told by finance that I would need to find my own financing.

I am not running around with an 800+ score, but my credit was good enough to qualify for Fords 0% financing.

I have looked at a lot of boats this week... and my favorite so far are the 22' and 24' NauticStars... BullsBay is nice, but lacking jump seats might be a wife unit deal breaker, Frontier 2104 is nice but I am thinking going 24'. A 2400 sport special might be the ticket. Has anyone ever bought a boat out of state? How does the tax work? Oh, haven't ruled out the Epic's either, I think I would go with a base type 25sc if I got an Epic.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Well, I think I have it narrowed down to 2 boats...

NauticStar 244 XPS with a 250
Seapro 248 with a 250

They are essentially they same price and from what I can tell very similar in features.

I am not buying just yet, anyone suggest anything else to look at.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Blazer bay or a used triton or blackjack
Old 10-12-2015, 05:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Blazer bay or a used triton or blackjack

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Trophy Trout

I am not a fan of the Blazer Bay boats, I am keeping an eye out for used, but there is something about having a new boat, new warranty and picking out the electronics I want. I am going with a Humminbird Ilink unit with the Ipilot trolling motor.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
I am not a fan of the Blazer Bay boats, I am keeping an eye out for used, but there is something about having a new boat, new warranty and picking out the electronics I want. I am going with a Humminbird Ilink unit with the Ipilot trolling motor.
I bought a lightly used 4 year old triton LTS 24 with a suzuki 250 for $33K with under 200 hours on it. With a little time searching you can find a deal and put what ever you want on it and still be way under the sticker price for a new lesser quality boat. All warranties are transferable btw. Let somebody else take that new boat price hit, just my .02
Old 10-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I bought a lightly used 4 year old triton LTS 24 with a suzuki 250 for $33K with under 200 hours on it. With a little time searching you can find a deal and put what ever you want on it and still be way under the sticker price for a new lesser quality boat. All warranties are transferable btw. Let somebody else take that new boat price hit, just my .02
Don't worry, I am keeping an eye out on the used market. Fishing boats for sale don't last very long around here.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:

Seapro 248 with a 250

They are essentially they same price and from what I can tell very similar in features.

our friend has a 224 XTS and we loved it so much we ordered ourself one. He's seeing about 55 mph with 4 guys, full, tank, and 100 trout in the fish box. That's with a 225SHO. We ordered ours with a 250SHO. Also if you order them you can deck it out however you want. You can buy all your own electronics and stuff, and install it yourself or have dealer install.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:

Seapro 248 with a 250

I would add blackjack to that list. Did you see the one that baseballfisherman just posted up? One fine rig!! For me personally, if I was buying a new boat, it would be between a blackjack or a haynie.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
I would add blackjack to that list. Did you see the one that baseballfisherman just posted up? One fine rig!! For me personally, if I was buying a new boat, it would be between a blackjack or a haynie.
If I double the budget...
Old 10-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
If I double the budget...
Yeah, I hear you. I guess I should have said if I was buying a new boat and money didn't matter, it would be a blackjack or haynie. Good luck in your search.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Trophy Trout

I am adding the BullsBay 2200 back on the list. It seems roomier than the 22ft NauticStar. It is simple but solid. Also, I can get it with a 200 cheaper than the NauticStar or Seapro.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,065

I would atleast go check out the new Skeeters.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
I am adding the BullsBay 2200 back on the list. It seems roomier than the 22ft NauticStar. It is simple but solid. Also, I can get it with a 200 cheaper than the NauticStar or Seapro.
get you a 2104 Frontier with 200 Suzuki= BEAST MODE. 55 PLUS MPH. I'm getting 53 WOT with suzuki 175.

and sippin gas while crusing 35-40
Old 10-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Flounder

Cash: 449
Default Not no but hell no to epic

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY.

I bought the first EPIC boat Cajun Outboards sold.

Cajun is a great company and Mike Oncal is a very good manager, but EPIC BOATS is a joke.

The company DOES NOT and I MEAN does not stand behind their product like they say they do.

WITH ONLY 7 Hrs on my boat, and having had trouble from the second trip in my boat to the last trip, it was discovered that someone from EPIC was using my gas tank as a trash can.

When Cajun put a scope down my tank they discovered the following:

Cigarette butts
leaves
sticks
fiberglass
paper towels
needle nose pliers
Mcdonalds hamburger wrapper

Once we notified EPIC, we were told they would have to rip the boat apart to replace the tank. I said I don't think so, that boat only has 7 hours on it and Im not going to own a repaired boat from Manufacturing problems with only 7 hours. I told them splitting the boat open goes against the whole engineering sales pitch that their boat is Resin Infused and the that once the top and bottom are married together they become One Piece Hull.

They repaired it Anyway and guess what??? First test drive with repaired hull, the gunwales split down both sides the entire length of the boat.

Well EPIC flat out refused to replace the boat even with CAJUN OUTBOARDS fighting them with me. This went on for over 7 months.

Finally, I had to get an Attorney to handle business and EPIC agreed to buy the BOAT back.

I also discovered in March of this year, they were in MIAMI looking for money or investors because they are in a bind.

EPIC is a pretty boat, it was a nice boat, but the COMPANY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS
Old 10-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeathers00 View Post
LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY.

I bought the first EPIC boat Cajun Outboards sold.

Cajun is a great company and Mike Oncal is a very good manager, but EPIC BOATS is a joke.

The company DOES NOT and I MEAN does not stand behind their product like they say they do.

WITH ONLY 7 Hrs on my boat, and having had trouble from the second trip in my boat to the last trip, it was discovered that someone from EPIC was using my gas tank as a trash can.

When Cajun put a scope down my tank they discovered the following:

Cigarette butts
leaves
sticks
fiberglass
paper towels
needle nose pliers
Mcdonalds hamburger wrapper

Once we notified EPIC, we were told they would have to rip the boat apart to replace the tank. I said I don't think so, that boat only has 7 hours on it and Im not going to own a repaired boat from Manufacturing problems with only 7 hours. I told them splitting the boat open goes against the whole engineering sales pitch that their boat is Resin Infused and the that once the top and bottom are married together they become One Piece Hull.

They repaired it Anyway and guess what??? First test drive with repaired hull, the gunwales split down both sides the entire length of the boat.

Well EPIC flat out refused to replace the boat even with CAJUN OUTBOARDS fighting them with me. This went on for over 7 months.

Finally, I had to get an Attorney to handle business and EPIC agreed to buy the BOAT back.

I also discovered in March of this year, they were in MIAMI looking for money or investors because they are in a bind.

EPIC is a pretty boat, it was a nice boat, but the COMPANY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS
uploadfromtaptalk1444934242715.jpg
Old 10-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Epic is pretty much off the list, I like cajun outboards, their finance department just won't work for my needs.

I am looking at a 2003 23' polar Bay boat tomorrow. I read they had some issues in 2004-2005 and eventually changed their name, but the early boats and late boats seem to get good reviews from actual owner. Basically from what I can tell, the gel coat failed early if it was bad and a boat from that era without problems should be good to go.

I spent all day on a Bluewave 2400... so much room...
Old 10-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

A used Haynie 24HO would be on my short list if I was looking. Goooh has a very nice Triton in the classifieds
Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Goohs boat!