SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Cap'N D my is your wife like mine....she does not buy any meat from wally world not even ground meat.
now sometimes we by some beef but will not buy any porkhave to go to Piggly Wiggly or we wait and go to crowley
Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,832

I have not spent a penny in Walmart in over 10 years, and yes I would say sometimes it would be convient to go there but I do not.

I don't appreciate an employer that is one of the largest in the United States and have a good percentage of their employees on federal aid because they work someone less than 32 hours a week therefore they do not qualify for benefits..(health insurance).

Years ago Sam Walton build these stores around American products but that quickly faded away after he died. I still spend money at Sears, JcPenney and other department stores and always look for an American or Union label. I think people have forgotten the quality products these stores actually provide. If you look at all the old pots and pans, irons, fans and other things that have been in your parents house for years were quality made products from department stores.

Regardless of where you shop please look for "Made in the USA". These products are still available. I was looking at some water house fittings the other day at Lowe's, all made in China, went to Ace Hardware dealer, same fitting that were made in the USA were about ten cents more..
Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Tell me about it dude,living prices have gone up ALOT in the past 3 years. Might start growing my own food,lol....and killing plenty of deer and fish for meat.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My cousin who lives in Paris goes to the store 4 or 5 times a week. They still have neighborhood grocery's, so if she is cooking , she will go to the neighborhood grocery and buy what her family will eat that night. The people there don't buy grocerys by the basket full, just what they going to eat within a day or two.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Things to help cut down your cost.

Keep a list of what you need and add to it each day. Then only buy what is on the list.

Only buy the larger quanity [if that is the cheepest].

If there is a sale item.....put it on the list.

Keep up with the things that you use most often and get an extra one....before you run out and have make a trip to the store.

Plan meals for several days ahead.

Only shop once a week......or less.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851
Sad

Y'all ought go to the Wally World in Baker ,La. You will leave with a lot more than chapped lips . You will have a condition that Boudreaux's Butt Paste can't cure. Employees are arrogant, uneducated and highly disrespectful. I don't like Wally because as someone said earlier,they move into small towns and kill all the 'mom and pop' shops. I would rather pay a little more and keep my money in the 'local' economy and receive friendly service. I hear they are buying beef from Venezuala where they have no regulations regarding steroids and etc. Buy American!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

The trick is to be a broke college kid. When you don't have money you can't spend it
Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

I avoid walmart except for ammo

i'd rather pay more money for groceries and be around decent folks
Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534
Default Good idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You know what Chaps my _ _ _??? Wal-Mart......Really you go in there its like paying a house NOTE!!!!! When was the last time one of you went in and came out under a $100??????? Roll Back prices......More like your checking account!!!!!! My lips R CHAPPED ........

Go fishing.. and post us a report !!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250
Default true story last sat hwy 14 wall mart

my wife and 8 month old little girl go shopping at wall mart last sat.when she was going to leave a man was parked at a angle an she could not open her door to put my little one in.when she knocked on his window he had a attitude.he floored the throttle on his truck and back up closer.she got pissed and opened her door hitting his truck.he jumped out yelling and threaten to hit our car.she called me at home and her dad.well i got to wall mart in about 10 minutes.he was still there and when i walked up he jumped out and had a attitude with me.so i threatened to whip his *** right there.well when the cops arrived it turns out he is a cop.well my wifes dad showed up and lets just say he has some serious pull.they told him the reason the officer was no longer on patrol because he did not know hoew to talk to people.the police just made us change ins info and we both were able to leave unharmed.i do mean he was able to leave unharmed.now i have to go shopping with the wife.this guy was a true ***.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

dude they are remodelling the walmart in opelousas too.. Also we got some new buggies and for some reason i guess the employees think they automatically roll back into the store, because you can't even find parking spots without buggies in them. I swear more than half of the buggies are in the parking lot at all times. They'll be pushed up against the outside of the buggy cage things. People are just too lazy these days... I always park my truck way in the back, that way i don't have to worry about some trashy people hitting it with buggies are whatever. I've seen so many people just push buggies right into other peoples cars and they don't even care. Effin hate walmart.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

walmart sucks to deal with, but they are cheapest on prices. I like a block from Albertson's put pay twice as much their as I would at walmart. I'll only go to walmart by myself, leave the wife and kids at home! I can get in & out quicker that way.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

I like to count teeth at walmart...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Told the lady that what they was doing was ridiculous her reply " Oh well it will be SOO much better once its done" WHATEVER! can't find ANYTHING now!!
fool u we all know ur mom does the shoppin....but i guess when u are riding in the cart it can get boring.....
Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Cap'N D my is your wife like mine....she does not buy any meat from wally world not even ground meat.

I you are picky about the beef you buy check out my familys farm
http://www.brookshirefarm.com its in Meaux (southwest of Maurice) the difference is huge between grass fed beef and that store bought hormone treated corn feed crap
Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

You right about pasture beef. my neighbor behind me farms cows and the beef off of them is far superior to anything i have had before. They put there's in a pin and feed them corn and feed 2 weeks before they slaughter them.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I don't do walmarts. I hate that place. I hate to park there, I hate to walk around it and I hate to attempt to check out. They have 32 check outs and only 5 of them are open.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Boy View Post
Y'all ought go to the Wally World in Baker ,La. You will leave with a lot more than chapped lips . You will have a condition that Boudreaux's Butt Paste can't cure. Employees are arrogant, uneducated and highly disrespectful. I don't like Wally because as someone said earlier,they move into small towns and kill all the 'mom and pop' shops. I would rather pay a little more and keep my money in the 'local' economy and receive friendly service. I hear they are buying beef from Venezuala where they have no regulations regarding steroids and etc. Buy American!!!
i know the spot, filthy *** ignorant blue gummers!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I have not spent a penny in Walmart in over 10 years, and yes I would say sometimes it would be convient to go there but I do not.

I don't appreciate an employer that is one of the largest in the United States and have a good percentage of their employees on federal aid because they work someone less than 32 hours a week therefore they do not qualify for benefits..(health insurance).

Years ago Sam Walton build these stores around American products but that quickly faded away after he died. I still spend money at Sears, JcPenney and other department stores and always look for an American or Union label. I think people have forgotten the quality products these stores actually provide. If you look at all the old pots and pans, irons, fans and other things that have been in your parents house for years were quality made products from department stores.

Regardless of where you shop please look for "Made in the USA". These products are still available. I was looking at some water house fittings the other day at Lowe's, all made in China, went to Ace Hardware dealer, same fitting that were made in the USA were about ten cents more..

So is your new boat going to have a Mercury
Old 08-20-2009, 05:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
fool u we all know ur mom does the shoppin....but i guess when u are riding in the cart it can get boring.....

Now thats funny!!! Poor Fool cant catch a break with these guys!!