SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default billystix camo rods

hi guys
just wanted to chat for a bit about why the camo rod cost what it cost.
first i have to purchase the rod blank and grip's and seat package them up and send them to the camo company who does the camo work, now these people camo everything guns, hats knives you name it any thing hunting related and they have a monoply on what they do, this says to us all $$$$$$$$$$ so when i get the rod assembled i already have well over $150 not including my time and travel and packing.
now lets look at my build time 16 to 18 hrs so you see it is not all profit, i have had some questions on the camo rod and just thought it might be something you would find of intreast.
when you look at what i put in it and then i charge $250 thats not a lot for me on my end ,true it's a high dollar rod but it starts out high dollar, just some rambling from billystixbut they be way cool rods
stix
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Those are some sweet rods,I told my buddy travis about your rods,and I belive he just ordered one. You really do some nice work,looking to buy one as soon as I get my money in order.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
*****Cajun *******

Default talked to travis today

yes travis did call me today and ordered a very special rod going to try to build him something very special, i believe with his fishing related problem, the spiral will be of help to him in his fishing, he seems to be a very nice youmg man for sure.
i currently have in stock i believe 6 camo blanks but have 3 on order leaving me with 3 left to build but i have 10 more at the camo dude's place but it might be 6 years before i get them cause he is slower than my next rebate check
stix
Old 08-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

at least we'll have a new president by then !!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

QUOTE=Jordan;37789]at least we'll have a new president by then !!![/QUOTE]
Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by billystix custom rods View Post
yes travis did call me today and ordered a very special rod going to try to build him something very special, i believe with his fishing related problem, the spiral will be of help to him in his fishing, he seems to be a very nice youmg man for sure.
i currently have in stock i believe 6 camo blanks but have 3 on order leaving me with 3 left to build but i have 10 more at the camo dude's place but it might be 6 years before i get them cause he is slower than my next rebate check
stix
Yeah you should have seen him bustin them reds this weekend,he caught the biggest one. How does the spiral guides work with braided line?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

The guides themselves are what need to be correct for braid. the spiral is just the way they are placed on the blank. But i'll let billy give ya the details
Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 PM
*****Cajun *******

Default need good guides for braid

thanks eman
and yes the guides are what is important in the use of braid line, the normal guides are ok for a while then they become a problem, the line starts to break and you cant figure out why, well that's when you start looking for a bad guide, the very simplest way to find a crack or some type defect in a normal guide's ring is to take a cotton ball and twist and rub it all around the guide inside and outside , if there is a crack or a bad place the cotton will stick to it and you have found your bad spot.
but if you use titanium guides you will never have this problem but remember i said titanium "" not titanium coated"" this is a knock off it , fairly good but it's not the real thang. thats why i use the real mc coy they cost an arm and leg but well worth the effort, whats more important is the quality that you have given your customer at a very reasonable price when you have them put on a custom billystix rod, i am lucky to have been choosen to be a distrubter for the titanium guides so there fore the price is a heck of a lot bebber for you the customer.
the titanium guides are very light weight and yet they are strong, these guides only help the spiral become a more fisheable fishing rod and it works very well, i will venture to say by this time next year you cajuns are going to very impressed with the billystix spiral rods, yes i said a year because it will most likley take me a year to get my point across and i first must prove my self before i can hope to prove that i build a first class rod bbut this is not a problem because i do not intind to tuck tail and run, i am just going to keep on posting and preching and sooner or later the folks that get the spiralstix will speak up and help me out then it will become common knowledge that billystix custom spiral rods are truly what he says they are.
thanks guys
stix
Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Great White

Im looking forward to my own spiral stix soon,as soon as i get my funds together. In the mean time i'll play with my buddy travis's when he gets his in.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

hey billy if you can get one made in advantage max 4 camo ill buy one..
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

i cant wait to put my new revo premier on my billy stick

i think im gonna get me another cardiff to put on my falcon, really like those reels
Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
*****Cajun *******

hustler
sorry what i have is all that i have acess to, and the way it looks i might not be able to continue carrying them much longer due to high dollar ring, just today got informed that camo is going up i believe its the time of the year hunting season is fast aproching, they already want do less than 1o at a time and that my friend for a little guy like my self is high dollar out"a pocket .
if i thought i could move a couple here i might consider dropping the current price by say $25 making them $225 instead of $250 i know the next batch is going to have to go for $275 unless i can find a new camo dealer that will work with me, but that aint likley, they charge upwards to $600 to camo a duck scatter gun.
any way if any body wants a camo i will let a couple go for $225 with titanium guides at least i will have a couple more spiral customers to help me get my feet on the ground.
stix