SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 503
Default Extreme Cooler Lunchbox

Hey yall I'm an electrician working in the plants, and I'm tired of going through lunchbox after lunchbox only to have warm drinks and a wet lunch. It's time to step it up and cough out the extra bucks for one that'll last as long as my knees do at least.

I've researched and narrowed my decision down to 3 with one in particular. The yeti, pelican, and k2 (20qt. coolers). I'm partial to the pelican because I own some gun and other of their cases. I've never used the other two brands.

I'd like to hear any opinions if you like or dislike any of these coolers (from experience please) so I can make a more informed decision.

Thanks,
Dan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 1,005

Just buy a yeti and all your problems are solved!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,493

Any of those 3 would do a fine job for you. I haven't tried the pelican boxes but have a couple of friends that have one and they love it. I have both the yeti boxes and a k2 and am very satisfied.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 503

Appreciate it yall. Do the latches on the k2 and yetis hold up to everyday use?

Old 10-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,493

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy225 View Post
Appreciate it yall. Do the latches on the k2 and yetis hold up to everyday use?

No latch problems on my boxes at all! None!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

I bought two Pelicans this weekend and they are great not to mention got a 95 qt and 65 qt for price of one 95 qt Yeti. My opinion I like the better locking clips on latches instead of rubber. Hard locking plastic handle instead of rope. Kept ice all weekend without having to put any in. Plus for lunch thieves has a place to put a lock on the lid.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Tripletail

Here they are
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.1 KB, 302 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 04:14 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

I have the 20qt K2 and like it because of the strap. The small Yeti has a handle that locks into place. My mom bought my dad the small Yeti to use for drinks in his boat and he will grab my K2 if I am not using it because it holds ice better. I am not partial to either brand I have larger Yetis but for a small cooler I think the K2 is more functional and 100$ cheaper.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:46 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripley View Post
I bought two Pelicans this weekend and they are great not to mention got a 95 qt and 65 qt for price of one 95 qt Yeti. My opinion I like the better locking clips on latches instead of rubber. Hard locking plastic handle instead of rope. Kept ice all weekend without having to put any in. Plus for lunch thieves has a place to put a lock on the lid.
Not knocking you by any means here but the rope handles was what I prefered when I got my K2 and Yeti over the plastic handles. Other than price I would imagine the only difference between the K2 and Yetis is the metal handle vs the nylon strap. Like already stated, no issues with either K2 or Yeti rubber latches on mine. FYI I have the Yeti 85 and K2 50.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I worked 13 years in the field and carried an Igloo every day. Never had a hot pop or a wet sandwhich, you must be packing it wrong. Get some of the gel packs that you freeze. A Yeti, Pelican or K2 might last as long as your knees but you going to blow out your back carrying it around.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I worked 13 years in the field and carried an Igloo every day. Never had a hot pop or a wet sandwhich, you must be packing it wrong. Get some of the gel packs that you freeze. A Yeti, Pelican or K2 might last as long as your knees but you going to blow out your back carrying it around.

^^^right here

But, if you gotta have the high performance go with K2. Their customer service is second to none, and they are a Louisiana company.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
^^^right here

But, if you gotta have the high performance go with K2. Their customer service is second to none, and they are a Louisiana company.

I just googled k2 coolers and clicked the first link, this is what popped up.....

http://kccoolers.homestead.com/
Old 10-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I have the 20qt K2 and really like it, except for the weight.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Not knocking you by any means here but the rope handles was what I prefered when I got my K2 and Yeti over the plastic handles. Other than price I would imagine the only difference between the K2 and Yetis is the metal handle vs the nylon strap. Like already stated, no issues with either K2 or Yeti rubber latches on mine. FYI I have the Yeti 85 and K2 50.
No problem man I could see some people like the rope handles I preferred that plastic ones. You know all a personal preference so I appreciate both opinions. I did have a friend with a Yeti this weekend and he like the Pelican better. But like I said all a preference think he is safe either way. I will say they are all heavy though
Old 10-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripley View Post
No problem man I could see some people like the rope handles I preferred that plastic ones. You know all a personal preference so I appreciate both opinions. I did have a friend with a Yeti this weekend and he like the Pelican better. But like I said all a preference think he is safe either way. I will say they are all heavy though
No doubt on them being heavy. My 85 Yeti is 35lbs before the beer goes in it. My problem with the pelican plastic handles probably stems from the horrific memories of the igloo/coleman handles breaking half way up the side of the boat full of ice. I guess I associate all plastic handles together lol.