SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959
Default Need help

My husband and I purchased a new F150 a couple of months ago. About a month ago, he was in an accident in it. Someone crossed the center line on hwy 90 near Rayne. Fortunately, my husband was able to get as far off the road and on the shoulder as possible or it would have been a head-on. The truck has been in the shop this entire time. The entire driver's side had to be replaced, along with the rear end and some parts on the front end. Hub City Ford is doing the repairs. They called this morning to say that the truck was put on the alignment machine and the frame is bent 1 degree so it is being sent to a shop to strighten it out. The guy who hit my husband has State Farm Insurance. So far, they have paid for repairs. The cost for repairs so far is over $15,000. My question is, now that we found that the frame is bent, should we fight this to get out of this vehicle? I'm very worried about having problems down the line. I know there are some guys on here who are knowledgeable about repairs so any info would be a huge help.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

pm southern 151... Corey will steer you right
Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I ran a f 150 with a bent frame for years but I can see why you wouldn't want it. They are never the sane after a accident like that.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

When the frame is bent, a qualified repair facility can easily make the repair. We do them all the time. We also have a $40k frame machine that we can do even the larger bodied vehicles. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I'd be glad to help you. My cell is 580- 7one6 - 4nine95.

Corey Fisher
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
I ran a f 150 with a bent frame for years but I can see why you wouldn't want it. They are never the sane after a accident like that.
Read my post below yours. They can be repaired and, correctly.

"Bent frame" is a myth in most minor cases. Here's how the factory comes up with frame dimensions...They take 5, yes 5 vehicles of the same build and, measure each of them. From there they average the measurements. This becomes the standard for their said vehicle.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks, Corey!! I will be calling my husband to give him your number so he can speak with you. I really appreciate your help.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetaline View Post
Thanks, Corey!! I will be calling my husband to give him your number so he can speak with you. I really appreciate your help.
No problem! It's what we do. I woulda loved to had that repair! That's some good numbers for a shop!

After talking with your husband, I sure am glad he had as much shoulder as he did to get away from the guy! Glad he walked away and that you didn't cripple him for wrecking YOUR new truck! Feel free to call with any other concerns regarding the repair process.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Haha - no, I didn't cripple him for wrecking my new truck. Just very thankful he was ok. I haven't seen it yet since the accident. A little nervous about that! Been driving this rental longer than my truck!! Thanks for the help, Corey. Gotta love this site for times like this.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Read my post below yours. They can be repaired and, correctly.

"Bent frame" is a myth in most minor cases. Here's how the factory comes up with frame dimensions...They take 5, yes 5 vehicles of the same build and, measure each of them. From there they average the measurements. This becomes the standard for their said vehicle.
I know they can be repaired. Just saying.