SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275
Default Letter supporting MJ/Hemp legalization

below is a copy of a letter i am emailing to our state reps & senators, feel free to copy it, modify it, add your personal viewpoint to it, and forward it to whom you wish.

I would prefer to keep the letter as short and succinct as possible but if you feel that any changes might benefit it, please feel free to discuss them.

__________________________________________________ _________
Your Name

Your Address Line 1

Your Address Line 2

Letter Date

To Honorable (Representative/Senator’s Name)

Address Line 1

Address Line 2

To The Honorable (Full Name),

I am contacting you concerning the legalization of prescribing Medical Marijuana and/or the decriminalization of Marijuana and industrial hemp. This is a most important issue to me and I reside in your District.

Medicinal Marijuana is legal in 18 states and Washington, D.C. enabling doctors to legally prescribe relief to patients suffering from cancer, MS, diabetes, arthritis, and AIDS and a variety of other ailments, depending on the laws enacted. There have been over 17,000 published papers on the scientific and medicinal value of this plant. It is unquestionably the safest drug known to man.

Hemp (a non‐psychoactive variety) produces a much higher yield per acre than its competitors and is of superior quality for making textiles, rope and paper. Hemp requires few pesticides, and no herbicides, making it a more environmentally friendly choice. Scientists estimate hemp can produce 80 to 130 gallons of biodiesel per ton of biomass. Based on the appearance, growth, method of harvesting and chemical makeup of hemp, it cannot be confused with its psychoactive cousin, even from a great distance.

The state of Louisiana arrests a large amount of it's citizens each year for marijuana offenses, A large percentage of these arrests are for possession only a non‐violent offense. Imagine the funds that could be saved if these citizens were not being caged on our taxpayer dollars!

I am asking you to introduce and support Medical Marijuana, marijuana decriminalization, or marijuana legalization legislation. It is what is right for our District, our State and most importantly the individuals you represent.

Thank you for your representation and taking the time to consider my letter.

Sincerely,

Your name

__________________________________________________ _______

You can find your rep's name and contact information here, http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_la

It also would not hurt to cc a copy to our state's senators.

http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/

http://www.vitter.senate.gov/

I do understand that not everyone supports this initiative, Please keep this thread free of any discussion on whether you agree or disagree with legalization efforts.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Change the word prescribe to "recommend " until its rescheduled federally no DR can prescribe it or they will lose their license. But you are asking for federal support so I guess that's fine.

You will get a nice automated reply from vitter about how he's busy in a whore house wearing a diaper and will get back to you.

Seriously he will respond with a refer mad post about gateways and other nonsense. I have done this in the past and will do it again. We all need to.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Yep it's likely that's exactly the response you will get. All the letters do is allow the rep to keep a pulse on the feelings of his district / area.

It certainly won't hurt.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Yep it's likely that's exactly the response you will get. All the letters do is allow the rep to keep a pulse on the feelings of his district / area.

It certainly won't hurt.
That is correct.