SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

And on a serious note!!!! - Maryjane is no longer the problem..........you guys better watch out for ICE. It's bad, and gonna get worse. Our kids will be affected by this crap, in one form or another.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

How many people do you know have gotten out of a ticket in Cameron Parish? I was stopped on hwy 27 south of Hackberry, I was speeding 15 mph over, I was polite & so was the cop, took my license called it in & came back & said thank you & please slow down, he said let me go because I was polite, yes sir & no sir go a long way!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyfatboy View Post
Thank god you're a FORMER LEO, it these kind of ******* moves that gives all LEO's a bad name. Hopefully you got your "complex" figured out and you don't abuse your authority anymore.
yep, I all fixed........but I trained alot of young ones to insure that they did the job right for people like you!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!! Happy travels!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
And on a serious note!!!!
I guess I should save my "LEO = Anti-freedom/MJ is harmless" spiel for next months cop bashing thread
Old 07-28-2011, 10:23 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

i can tell you right now im never gonna give a cop consent to search my vehicle..no matter what...my daddy raised me to respect the police but only give them so much power...they gonna have to get a warrant or a dog to try to get a reason to search my truck...im no criminal...and i wont be treated like one..im law abiding for when it comes to most all things and refuse to let a cop search my vehicle without cause...in fact if i was at that checkpoint i wouldnt have got out my truck i woulda just said you have no reason to search my vehicle you can shine in here with your lights all youd like and if you want to take this further you may contact my lawyer...i respect cops and know some and they do do a great job but alot of them do believe themselves to be higher than the rest of society and can do what they want....like when im driving down the interstate and everybody in front of me starts slamming on breaks cause theres a state boy getting on the interstate doing 65...well thats awsome if they want to get on there knees but i drive 75 on the interstate and never been stopped for doing 75...so im not gonna slam on my breaks and do 65 for this guy...ima go pass him and if hes a sensible human being he will know that hes going a lil slower and no wrong doing is taking place...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,197

This one is getting a beat heated and very close to be moved over to premium. Just an FYI.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

I say treat others they way you want to be treated..... that being said ...... if you are a cop and on your off days you drink a few at a buddy's house then drive home..... don't bring the next guy to jail for it.........
Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Redfish

Cash: 809

I wish I had a nickel for everytime I have heard this same crap....Over and over again....Like FFF, I did my time on the road as well and I can tell you....If the officer has a reason that he wants to search your vehicle....IT WILL HAPPEN....You will consent OR the dog will be brought in OR a warrant will be cut....If you buck, you will find out exactly what is going to happen....You don't control what is going on out there, he does....You can argue about dirty cops...there are those and dirty politicians and people who work at McDonalds....It doesn't mean they all are...ANYONE HERE CAN SEARCH MY VEHICLE ANYTIME THEY WANT! Know why? I don't drink and drive because I have put too many people in body bags and I don't do drugs or have drugs....So therefor, I could care less if a man wants to stop me and search my vehicle. Is it inconvenient? YES Am I traumatized by the experience? NO Do I suffer personal loss due to it? NO The way I look at it is this....Me getting stopped and searched for whatever reason, makes me a little more confident that someone is trying to make a difference and hinder the fesces missle that may kill or mame my wife and kids on the road because of their own personal choice to use intoxicants and drive a vehicle...PERIOD...Its a little collateral damage that I suffered for the greater scheme of things....
Old 07-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
I say treat others they way you want to be treated..... that being said ...... if you are a cop and on your off days you drink a few at a buddy's house then drive home..... don't bring the next guy to jail for it.........
I was at a buddies house a while back(volunteer CPSO) and he had 4 fulltime officer buddies there. Every one of them drank a 6 pack or better than got in there vehicles and drove their families home instead of letting their sober wives drive. When I questioned them they had no delay saying that they could easily get that taken care of. Just curious if that would have included a wreck causing injury as well on top of a DWI. I'm all about respecting law enforcement as I do not want to be "haggled" with anymore than they fill necessary, but can also see where a few "crooked" officers can give a lot of good officers a bad name. I am personally thankful for our areas law enforcement as they truthfully saved my wife and I's life as most of you know. If not for them my 22 month old son would have lost both his parents at 3 months old. Thats my .02 on this subject.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Redfish

and on the Texas plates in Louisiana....I have been on that side of things as well....But, I chose to speed, so i got a ticket....Most law enforcement agencies, when doing criminal patrol have been trained to spot certain things....Doesn't mean a law is being broken, just that you should pay more attention to this or that...and guess what, that is one....No officer that I have ever worked with has ever said, "look, that's an out of state plate, lets go write him a fist full of tickets" It don't work that way...Never has...
However I must issue my disclaimer: There are some bad cops out there....but most of them definately wouldn't be dirty by writing out of state tickets to get his kicks...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
Its a little collateral damage that I suffered for the greater scheme of things....

well said and nice pernt
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Redfish

Who opened this thread anyways....I would have lost less time buying this cat another knife....I just can't help myself sometimes....In response to your initial topic, a simple phone call would likely remedy the problem....My wife has washed a few peoples drivers licenses in my top shirt pocket FFF....At least you realized you had thier license, I didn't!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There should be no reason to search a vehicle at a DWI check point.

In my opinion, it is unprofessional to not return anything to an innocent driver after a search. The officer shouldn't have put the knife in his pocket. I have been searched in Kenner at 3:30 am, just cause they thought I was drinking, but I was on my way to work in Venice. The officer asked if I was drinking, I said no. He asked if I had weapons on me and I said a pocket knife. He asked which pocket, I told him, he took it out and put it on the hood of the truck. After realizing I was not drinking, he returned the knife and I asked why he stopped me. He said I was weaving all over the interstate. I mentioned that I was not, I made sure I was folllowing the speed limit and driving as well as I could, after seeing a state police car coming on the interstate. He bowed up and said I was weaving, I said O.K., didn't want a ticket and didn't want to get arrested. They can stop you for what they want. You have no choice but to stop and comply with *** they want. But they are professionals, they get paid to do what they do. If they take your knife, they should return it. Do you think it is O.K. for a doctor to leave any medical tools in you after surgery???
Paid professionals should do their job correctly.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
How many people do you know have gotten out of a ticket in Cameron Parish? I was stopped on hwy 27 south of Hackberry, I was speeding 15 mph over, I was polite & so was the cop, took my license called it in & came back & said thank you & please slow down, he said let me go because I was polite, yes sir & no sir go a long way!

Me. I have been pulled over several times and pulled away with no ticket.
The few times I got a ticket, I talked to the Sheriff and it was torn up.
If you get a ticket in any parish, just talk to the DA's office, they will work a deal with you. You might pay court cost, but you don't have to have it go in your record. Just be nice.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Me. I have been pulled over several times and pulled away with no ticket.
x 2 catch more flies with honey

i had one chase me (literally) in my vette years ago. he just bs'd about the car, laughed, and then cruised down the road
Old 07-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
im not disrespecting you ex law officials..just saying some of yall are dirty ex high school nerds who never gotso yall decided to get power by becomeing a law officer...

really FFF and Frank no disrespect im just telling yall like it is...my next door neighbor is a state boy and hes a great guy and he tells me the same thing i just stated...
Hustler, I am sorry for your friends situation and if it happened the way you say it did, then it is wrong...Period...and the civil process with rectify the situation. There are always two sides to a story then the truth somewhere in the middle.

As far as your quoted comment, allow me to retort....I was not a nerd in school, in fact, I was a little bad azz that knew everything about everything...knew my roadside rights to search and seizure and even told a few cops what was going and not going to happen....THEN, I GREW UP! and like FFF I wanted to do something that made me feel good about making positive changes....THEN....Life showed me that when you are in law enforcement or any other public service...You are damned if you do and damned if you don't....and you starve like a church mouse because of what they pay....So I left that....but what never left me was the respect for them...knowing what they have to deal with day in and day out and work thier guts out just to make ends meet....and are rarely received well by society....Because most people think just like what is on this board...This happened to me so I hate them all...they are ALL crooked....That is why...But no, I didn't take it as disrespect, just fun conversation.

Last edited by Bluechip; 07-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
Hustler, I am sorry for your friends situation and if it happened the way you say it did, then it is wrong...Period...and the civil process with rectify the situation. There are always two sides to a story then the truth somewhere in the middle.

As far as your quoted comment, allow me to retort....I was not a nerd in school, in fact, I was a little bad azz that knew everything about everything...knew my roadside rights to search and seizure and even told a few cops what was going and not going to happen....THEN, I GREW UP! and like FFF I wanted to do something that made me feel good about making positive changes....THEN....Life showed me that when you are in law enforcement or any other public service...You are damned if you do and damned if you don't....and you starve like a church mouse because of what they pay....So I left that....but what never left me was the respect for them...knowing what they have to deal with day in and day out and work thier guts out just to make ends meet....and are rarely received well by society....Because most people think just like what is on this board...This happened to me so I hate them all...they are ALL crooked....That is why...But no, I didn't take it as disrespect, just fun conversation.

you and FFF are obviously the good eggs in the bunch...i only said some of yall were brotha...no doubt yall two are great guys...and thanks for yalls time as officers..i honestly would be a cop but the pay just dont cut it from what i understand...
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

A search cannot be conducted without consent or probable cause, or in some cases a search of the immediate area to look for weapons that could be used against an officer. Refusal to give consent does not create probable cause. That does not mean an officer can't call in and request a dog to sniff your vehicle. A sniffing drug dog is not considered a search. Once the dog alerts, probable cause is then established. It is perfectly acceptable to not consent to a search, but you run the risk of having the officer call a dog team and have you sitting on the side of the road for some time.

The same goes for your house, if an officer wants to search he needs probable cause or your consent unless he is in the process of apprehending you and you run into the house. There is also an expection to the search of the home rule when officers are aware a dangerous crime is being committed that puts someone life in danger.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Great White

Worst thing to do is "NOT" give them consent.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet;295189[COLOR=red
]I was at a buddies house a while back(volunteer CPSO) and he had 4 fulltime officer buddies there. Every one of them drank a 6 pack or better than got in there vehicles and drove their families home instead of letting their sober wives drive. When I questioned them they had no delay saying that they could easily get that taken care of.[/COLOR] Just curious if that would have included a wreck causing injury as well on top of a DWI. I'm all about respecting law enforcement as I do not want to be "haggled" with anymore than they fill necessary, but can also see where a few "crooked" officers can give a lot of good officers a bad name. I am personally thankful for our areas law enforcement as they truthfully saved my wife and I's life as most of you know. If not for them my 22 month old son would have lost both his parents at 3 months old. Thats my .02 on this subject.
Exactly what i'm talking about, but it was me or you = going to jail.