SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
it may run forever and not have problems, you can take Sea Foam in the spray can and get someone to help by reving engine and you spray into the intake real slow at first then when you get close to half a can just spray with them reving till the engine shuts down but you need to start with a cool engine. When you get ready to start the truck a few hrs latter it will spit and sputter and blow white smoke like crazy but this burns the carbon on the intake and sometimes helps with clatter

Sounds like a plan. now all i have to do is find the intake
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
Sounds like a plan. now all i have to do is find the intake
just remove air filter and spray in there, this can also be done by removing suction hose on brake booster and having someone rev and sticking hose inside one of the pour cans
Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
just remove air filter and spray in there, this can also be done by removing suction hose on brake booster and having someone rev and sticking hose inside one of the pour cans

appreciate it
Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
appreciate it
good luck and if you have skeeters around they won't be there long
Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

Just dont have interior leak it will cost you some big bucks.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 553
Default Robinson Ford service

I have a 2010 450 dully from Robinson and their service dept. is a joke. I had a front tire wearing and Mark Robinson told me it was because I was turning to the left too much! Seriously! And that is just one of many. And now my dash had water come from it last Saturday when we had that heavy rain. But after reading the post here, I think I know what to do!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 553
Default Robinson Ford service

I have a 2010 450 dully from Robinson and their service dept. is a joke. I had a front tire wearing and Mark Robinson told me it was because I was turning to the left too much! Seriously! And that is just one of many. And now my dash had water come from it last Saturday when we had that heavy rain. But after reading the post here, I think I know what to do!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Trophy Trout

I bought a Dodge after Robinson Brothers along with Ford screwed me over. I find that Dodge is not that bad of a truck, price is good, and service is a lot better. Last month I sold my Dodge due to mileage and driving a GMC truck. My father has a 12 year old GMC and the dealer he uses has a lot better service.

I like Ford trucks but the service in the Baton Rouge area is horriable!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
Service manager and Chad lambert said it is what it is.
Ford said not their problem even though the seal bad due to not written in warranty not mechanical.
Jack new car sales manager said it's a ford what do you expect they break. It's a seal and they go what do you expect? I said for ford to build a truck that last 3 years
He laughed. It's not funny to me

I would run from Robinson brothers they act like oh well it's my problem.

Funny in a down economy they wanted my business.
Never again these guys are A 1 selzy salespeople
Live up to car saleman image true scum

This is Jack from Robinson Brothers Ford. I just happened to stumble on this thread and decided to post a quick response.

While I don't remember this particular incident, as it took place over 3 years ago, I can speak about our dealership and the great lengths we go to make sure we offer great service and great products at better than competitive prices.

We strive for customer satisfaction, but obviously we aren't immune to making mistakes. Robinson Brothers is one of the highest volume sales and service Ford dealers in the 6 state region because we genuinely care about our customers.

No manufacturer is immune from having their mechanical items break - Lexus, Honda, Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet, Ford - it doesn't make a difference - mechanical items are going to break.

When a vehicle needs a repair under warranty all Ford dealers nationwide follow the same protocol - we submit the claim to Ford, we communicate with the factory engineers via tech hotline, and we follow their exact repair recommendations - Ford dealers don't have the luxury of straying from the Manufacturer's directions on warranty repairs.

Without knowing all of the details involved I apologize for your experience. The large majority of our customers are satisfied with our efforts.

If anyone has any questions, you can feel free to contact me directly, 225-293-8900.

Thank you, Jack
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Buy local, service sells.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Funny Allstar Ford in Denham Springs, LA fixed the problem after they saw what happened and called Ford, told Ford the issue, and Ford fixed it.
Took a few weeks to get a refund, but a dealer that did not sell me the truck called Ford and got the repair and damage approved.
Robinson Brothers never did that which is the dealer that sold me the truck.
All I got was chewed out by Robinson Brother's Service Manager.

Had an air sensor go back and Robinson Brothers dropped the ball again said it was not covered under warranty and would cost $250 to fix.
I had to call the lady at Ford and get an approval number to get it fixed under warranty.
She question why my dealer Robinson Brothers was not doing this which is their job.
Service Manager said that sensors were not covered under warranty due to typically damage.
Next week after the repair the tire air sensor light came on and it was another tire air sensor that went bad.
Funny this time they called it a factory defect.

I bought a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium Package in May from another Ford Dealer and had a few minor problems.
Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge service dept quick, easy to deal with, and have not had the issues I had with Robinson Brothers to get things fixed.

Last edited by jlsch1; 07-31-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 552
Default Cab leaking on 2010 f 150 Craptor

I discovered my roof was leaking last fall. I was told the drains were plugged. This is not the case. The head liner is water stained. I still have two more years of payments. I had it in for this problem before the warranty was up and received little to no satisfaction. Thankfully I live in southwest kansas where we get very little rain.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutsch View Post
I discovered my roof was leaking last fall. I was told the drains were plugged. This is not the case. The head liner is water stained. I still have two more years of payments. I had it in for this problem before the warranty was up and received little to no satisfaction. Thankfully I live in southwest kansas where we get very little rain.
That was a big problem for older fords, lots of people I know had to replace rear lights above back window, water was leaking in through the light.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Flounder

Cash: 890

Jack,

While I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this thread. Fact is the service / treatment of customers at the dealership is crap. The salesman that assisted me was straightforward, which I can appreciate since I am in sales... But the finance guy is who actually sold me the truck (he should have got the commission). The Sales Manager that came in to talk to me (not sure if it was you or not) was an arrogant pri_ck who implied that I was less of a man for looking at buying a Tahoe as opposed to the F150. I won't go into details, but it PISSED me off. But again, the finance guy bailed you all out. Now for service. I paid $50k for a vehicle and the service department screwed my brakes up on the 1st tire rotation at 8k miles. I thought it was something that I did so I took it to my local mechanic and had him look at it. The front brake rotors were warped and had to be turned. My mechanic said he wasn't sure why a basically new vehicle would have that issue, other than maybe the lug nuts were over-tightened or put on improperly. I brushed it off and payed the $100 plus dollars for the work to be done locally. Problem solved right? No. At about 20k miles and about to leave to go out of town for Labor Day I have my oil changed and tires rotated at the Quick Lane the day before I leave. The WHOLE way to Arkansas I had to deal with the shaking when I applied my brakes. My truck would rattle it was so bad. I was fuming. And it was Labor Day so I couldn't have it fixed while I was visiting my family. So I had to deal with it the WHOLE way back. It gets better. I call the Quick Lane and ask to talk to the service manager, and tell him that I am having an issue with my brakes shaking and that I think think it was a result of them not tightening the lug nuts properly. I got laughed at and was told that it has nothing to do with the tightening of the lug nuts. So I guess it's just a coincidence that twice now, the day after they rotate my tires I have this massive front end shake on a 2013 vehicle. So another $100 plus dollars to fix the problem for the second time. I also had another issue that I contacted the service department about. The response was "how about you just drop it off with me for a few days and we will take a look at it". Well sure! Everyone has a garage full of cars that we can use to get around while we drop our other vehicle off for a few days to be "looked at". I will never buy another vehicle from there again. I will pay more elsewhere to get better treatment. Sorry for the long post, but I felt like I needed to respond to Jack's post above.

Jacob
Old 11-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Well, good choice. You can't ever go wrong with a Dodge!

is this your JOKE of the day......