SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258
Default Skrimps???

Looks like skrimp season opened up inside the bay today. Anyone got a hookup or know someone selling some around this area? Freezer is getting low.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

Yes shrimp season opened up this morning, don't know anyone but hoping it is a good season so I can get some myself.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

There sure was a parade of boats headed out yesterday..
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Jody, ill be out there on Thurday evening I think. Ill let you know
Old 08-13-2013, 01:33 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

I know a few people that went out. I'll let you know as soon as i hear something.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My buddy jsut texted me he has my order ready. I told him I wanted 200#s of anything from 21-25's to 40-50's. He has 36-40's 40-50's mixed for $2.00#

Ha caught 1200#s last night
Old 08-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Flounder

Cash: 1,631

Speck, check out www.delcambremarket.org Once a month during shrimping season, the shrimpers sell it right off the boats. It's like a seafood/farmers market thing. Friends of mine went. You get a variety of sizes to choose from. Heard very positive reviews
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunkid View Post
Speck, check out www.delcambremarket.org Once a month during shrimping season, the shrimpers sell it right off the boats. It's like a seafood/farmers market thing. Friends of mine went. You get a variety of sizes to choose from. Heard very positive reviews

Thanks, Ill check them out. Love me some skrimps!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunkid View Post
Does anybody know if they have something similar to this around Cameron or Hackberry. I would like to buy some fresh shrimp straight from the boats.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Ling

Called a few places from that site today. Had a few with some right now. Looks like for the most part, they were going for 3-3.50 per lb. for some 20-25 count. Did find some 15ct for a lil higher. Gonna go pick up a lil bit of those for some smoking and grilling purposes.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Ok....ill keep mine then
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Ling

you caught some?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
Called a few places from that site today. Had a few with some right now. Looks like for the most part, they were going for 3-3.50 per lb. for some 20-25 count. Did find some 15ct for a lil higher. Gonna go pick up a lil bit of those for some smoking and grilling purposes.

Yall getting raped. That's $2.50 a pound all day in the Terrebonne and Lafourche Parish, I have a lady right now on my Facebook News feed selling 21-25's for $2.50. If you want her #, PM me. I bought 300#s (not all for me) for $600, they were 36-40's to 40-50's, good size shrimp for gumbo, stews, spaghettie or to fry. For some reason I really haven't been seeing shrimp for sale that size so I jumped on them. I'll buy some 15-20's on the first cool front so I can have something to wrap in bacon or stuff.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Yall getting raped. That's $2.50 a pound all day in the Terrebonne and Lafourche Parish, I have a lady right now on my Facebook News feed selling 21-25's for $2.50. If you want her #, PM me. I bought 300#s (not all for me) for $600, they were 36-40's to 40-50's, good size shrimp for gumbo, stews, spaghettie or to fry. For some reason I really haven't been seeing shrimp for sale that size so I jumped on them. I'll buy some 15-20's on the first cool front so I can have something to wrap in bacon or stuff.
Most of the time I only get about 60 or so lbs at a time. To have to drive an hour and a half to save 30 bucks? I don't think I would be actually coming out ahead.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Most of the time I only get about 60 or so lbs at a time. To have to drive an hour and a half to save 30 bucks? I don't think I would be actually coming out ahead.

You right on that. I was just saying that shrimp prices in the Vermillion Bay area are always higher. Check Craigslist and the quick quarter, sometimes people advertise fresh shrimp on there.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Save some $$$, go catch your own at the weirs. After paying for the fuel (boat and truck), buying a new cast net, bait for the crab lines, the cost to replace the trailer light that I smashed against the dock trying to pull the boat up in a driving rain and not even counting the wear and tear on my old body especially when I reached into the trash bucket to pull out an empty water bottle and forgot that I had put a few crabs in there as well and came out with a nice, large crab firmly attached to two fingers then enduring the searing pain waiting for him to release cuz if I'd a flung him off, he'd tore two very large cuts in my battered fingers, I figure the 27 lbs of shrimp and six dozen crabs that I caught over the last two days at "da Rock" only cost me about $200.

What a deal! But I still enjoyed it.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
Save some $$$, go catch your own at the weirs. After paying for the fuel (boat and truck), buying a new cast net, bait for the crab lines, the cost to replace the trailer light that I smashed against the dock trying to pull the boat up in a driving rain and not even counting the wear and tear on my old body especially when I reached into the trash bucket to pull out an empty water bottle and forgot that I had put a few crabs in there as well and came out with a nice, large crab firmly attached to two fingers then enduring the searing pain waiting for him to release cuz if I'd a flung him off, he'd tore two very large cuts in my battered fingers, I figure the 27 lbs of shrimp and six dozen crabs that I caught over the last two days at "da Rock" only cost me about $200.

when you going again?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post

Last year after the first strong cold front I caught a limit of skrimp 3 days in a row off the bank. The locks by the east side boat launch. Get there early to get the spot closest to the lock. Throw out some pogey meal wait a few mins and start throwing. Much easier than messing with the boat with all of the crowds at the weirs. Just a lil FYI I think we all had a trip like that a time or two.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959

They're coming in with some at the Delcambre dock:

http://delcambredirectseafood.com/
Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
when you going again?

Probably next week