SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:11 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default This sucks for us!

Southeast Louisiana's largest producer of ethanol-free gasoline won't make it anymore

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.s...largest_p.html

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,491

Alpha, You should still be good. I would imagine most of Lafayette's gasoline comes from Lake Charles and Conoco will still be making it.

Quote:
Placid Refining in Port Allen and Westlake's Phillips 66 Lake Charles Refinery will continue to produce ethanol-free fuel, Landry said, but it will be of little benefit to boaters in Southeast Louisiana.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Redfish

Cash: 708

What is written below is crazy!!! I hope that Conoco continues to sell pure gas. I use it in my outboard, 4 wheeler, and all lawn equipment.

Quote:
As part of the study, researchers ran six outboards constantly for as many as 300 hours to see how they held up. Half the motors were run on E15, while the others were run on straight gasoline.
Only one of the motors powered by E15 completed the test, but it was a 9.9-horsepower outboard that was far from unscathed.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

this stupidity wont go away so the outboard manufacturers will HAVE TO start making motors that can run on ethanol gas, that or a class action nation wide lawsuit from sportsmen plus a pledge to remove any congressman who doesn't vote to remove ethynol mandates. but im not holding my breath on that second one doing any good.

I just don't see any alternative because congress will never turn off the HUGE subsities to farmers for producing it. its like another welfare program that you just cant get rid of that they must force us to use.

and if they do make ethynol safe outboard motors they will probably cost twice as much and be twice as heavy as they are now.

unless someone can sell an affordable machine able to remove the ethynol so we can make our own ethynol free gas
Old 05-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Alpha, You should still be good. I would imagine most of Lafayette's gasoline comes from Lake Charles and Conoco will still be making it.
This is true. Placid Port Allen, Buckeye Opelousas, Conoco Lake Charles all still carry conventional gas. Most comes from Conoco though b/c they are the cheapest. The other 2 have to blend 2 products to make 87 conventional so they charge more. Conventional will never go away around here IMO.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxt79 View Post
What is written below is crazy!!! I hope that Conoco continues to sell pure gas. I use it in my outboard, 4 wheeler, and all lawn equipment.
I would have a hard time believing this with out seeing the details of the test. Maybe mercury's quality control is 50% effective.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
Cool gas

I have a 2008 yamaha 70 2 stroke with 332 hrs. , 2006 briggs generator , 2007 stihl blower , 2 year ryobi weedeater , 4 year old briggs push mower . I don't know when ethanol came out but all i use is shell regular and never had a problem . Last 2 years i been useing marine sta-bil just in case. Yamalube ring free also is suppose to protect fuel system from ethanol. Any time you let an engine sit up is bad for it no matter what kind of gas you use. i crank my generator every 2 months and during winter same with mower and others. There are gas hoses ,mainly the cheap ones that ethanol will melt . Most of the ones that are clear on inside and rubber outside. If your hose is over 5 years you should replace it anyway before it starts eroding on the inside. Thats what those lil black particles are in the gas filter. Auto parts stores sell good gas hose you can buy by the foot probly cheaper than a boat dealer. If your boat sits 2 weeks hook the hose to it and run it. In my opinion i think this ethanol is just a way for government to get older cars off the road and force people to buy new......
Old 05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
Default .

< RETURN TO ALL ADDITIVES PRODUCTS
Ring Free PLUS (32 oz.)

Top tier Ethanol fuel defense, Concentrated formula, continuous use treat rate 1 oz to 10 gallons of gasoline, no other formula provides this level of ethanol fuel corrosion protection for silver solder, copper, metal and aluminum fuel system components, a proprietary synthetic formula that has a proven track record for carbon deposit removal for inside the engines combustion chamber and associated components.

*Dealer Order Quantity=6

32 OZ. BOTTLE
ACC-RNGFR-PL-32
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acc-rngfr-pl-32.jpg (14.6 KB, 407 views)
Old 05-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 767

I'm like daxt with anything that sits for a while, gas with ethanol in it, ain't going in. In my outboard I mix with Klotz oil for extra protection.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post

That would be Phillips66 Mr. Myers
Old 05-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

My 2013 Mercury 150 Pro XS says you can you gas with 10% ethanol. I have not put any in it yet.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,491

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
That would be Phillips66 Mr. Myers
:blush:

You sir, are absolutely correct!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

ive ran whatever though everything... its too hard in most occasions to drive an extra 10-20 miles to deal with it and the last time i made the effort, i had to drain 20 gallons of bad gas out of my truck anyways. just dont let it sit is what ive learned.