SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 577

If hunting conditions are that bad, and not killing makes you want to quit for the week, then you should probably get something a little closer......... You're probably the overly irritated a-hole at the launch cussing at everyone who doesn't trailer their boat as fast as you think they should, setting a great example for my young'uns.

Any day that I can spend out there with a hot cup of brew, my boys and a sunrise is a dang good day. Sit back and really think about what is worth getting flustered over. You know how many hunts it takes to make a 40 minute duck commander video? They don't kill every day,and I know people with awesome leases all over the state that DON'T kill every day.

A good hunt is any time you can make a hunt. A hunt without killing merely hones your skills a little more...
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshMud View Post
If hunting conditions are that bad, and not killing makes you want to quit for the week, then you should probably get something a little closer......... You're probably the overly irritated a-hole at the launch cussing at everyone who doesn't trailer their boat as fast as you think they should, setting a great example for my young'uns.

Any day that I can spend out there with a hot cup of brew, my boys and a sunrise is a dang good day. Sit back and really think about what is worth getting flustered over. You know how many hunts it takes to make a 40 minute duck commander video? They don't kill every day,and I know people with awesome leases all over the state that DON'T kill every day.

A good hunt is any time you can make a hunt. A hunt without killing merely hones your skills a little more...
Awesome dude, then why don't you and your young'uns go sit out there in the offseason if its so much fun to sit there, drink coffee, and not kill ****! It must be hard to go through life callin everyone an ******* that disagrees with you. I would say good luck this weekend but u don't need that, Just a full thermos.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Awesome dude, then why don't you and your young'uns go sit out there in the offseason if its so much fun to sit there, drink coffee, and not kill ****! It must be hard to go through life callin everyone an ******* that disagrees with you. I would say good luck this weekend but u don't need that, Just a full thermos.
LOL...

Well said.. .
Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Lol!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,338

im 24 yrs old and have had 2 major heart surgeries with one more to count on and have a wife and a two yr old daughter, everyday i wake up breathing is a good day!!!, so any hunt is a "good hunt" (don't need sympathy JS)
Old 11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Yes, perhaps you should go out there in the offseason more often. It will help hone your skills at loading that boat and you won't have to get cussed anymore!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.e.hagen View Post
The only bad hunt I've had is, I wake up to find I left my wallet in my truck and someone decided it was a good night to dig in my truck and find it full of my paycheck around 600 bucks they were at least nice enough to leave my wallet ID etc. then we get to the marsh and my boat was running like hell then the people I was lettin borrow my canoe let it blow out on I 10 twice then once we got to exit 36 someone in my truck says Hagen there ain't no cowling on that Yamaha. I know that seems like a lot to happen in one day but McNabb can verify authenticity

PS the thieves stole my box of cigars also
Keep me out of your bs stories
Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 577

I never said I wasn't out there to kill, just said It's not worth whining like a little girl when I don't. Everyone here goes for the kill, and loves the kill, but the difference is most are above complaining about it.

And I didn't call you an a-hole, I insinuated that you were the one at the launch hollering at everyone - obviously your reply is simply an admission of guilt.

Yankees Suck, and I do go during the offseason - me and my boys call it scouting. Maybe try it sometime and you'd be in a better mood after yopur hunts.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I never said I wasn't out there to kill, just said It's not worth whining like a little girl when I don't. Everyone here goes for the kill, and loves the kill, but the difference is most are above complaining about it.

And I didn't call you an a-hole, I insinuated that you were the one at the launch hollering at everyone - obviously your reply is simply an admission of guilt.

Yankees Suck, and I do go during the offseason - me and my boys call it scouting. Maybe try it sometime and you'd be in a better mood after yopur hunts.
Most intimidating 2nd post in Salty history.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Most intimidating 2nd post in Salty history.
Man! You should come scout one day with us, nice thermos of coffee, a box of stolen cigars, and getting to see the sunrise. It doesn't get any better than that!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Red Snapper

Default Marshmud's Hunting Checklist:

Young'uns: CHECK
Thermos: CHECK
Good to go! Don't even need guns! Just the sunrise!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Man! You should come scout one day with us, nice thermos of coffee, a box of stolen cigars, and getting to see the sunrise. It doesn't get any better than that!
I would but the Yankees suck
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:

If you're out there so much why is it that you can't load your boat in a timely manner. GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Great White

Quote:
I would but the Yankees suck
We could even bring the portable tv, watch a quick episode of Duck Commander, then we can analyze the Yankees 2012 season!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
We could even bring the portable tv, watch a quick episode of Duck Commander, then we can analyze the Yankees 2012 season!!!!
It took a whole 162 game season to film 1 Duck Commander DVD.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Great White

Quote:
It took a whole 162 game season to film 1 Duck Commander DVD.
I'm in no rush... My thermos is full..
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856

Not sure if the two guys bickering are joking around or not as I do not know either one, but if they are not I didn't post this thread to start a back and forth battle, I can see that on other sites. If you guys do know each other and are just joking around, please disregard this comment.

I really appreciate everyones input on this topic and it appears that everyone is out there for different reasons, which is the reason I posted this thread, I was curious as to what people get out of the hunt. Thanks again and keep posting, just no BICKERING!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Nothing like that boat ride in the pre-dawn hour to the blind. Get a quick sip of coffee before legal shootin time, you can barely see those teal that dropped into to your decoys. Its all about the anticipation of what the morning brings. If you're sharing this with your kids even better. The basic traditions of duck hunting has not changed for generations. This is truly a sport of passion and a deep appreciation of the outdoors. If you measure your success by the kill, or time spent, or number of days afield, it really doesn't matter.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Nothing like that boat ride in the pre-dawn hour to the blind. Get a quick sip of coffee before legal shootin time, you can barely see those teal that dropped into to your decoys. Its all about the anticipation of what the morning brings. If you're sharing this with your kids even better. The basic traditions of duck hunting has not changed for generations. This is truly a sport of passion and a deep appreciation of the outdoors. If you measure your success by the kill, or time spent, or number of days afield, it really doesn't matter.
Now that's what I'm talkin about!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Good hunt: nothing breaks, no one gets hurt, and I learn something to make me a better hunter for the next time.

I've had some very frustrating hunts (usually involving wounded deer and long tracking jobs), but ultimately I count these as good because the shooter (sometimes me) learned from his mistake. A couple extra seconds making a good shot saves a lot of time and effort tracking.