SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217
Default Good news/Bad news

Good news
Yesterday, we received the great news that the drilling permit for Cardamom in the Gulf of Mexico was approved. This is significant in that it is the first permit for drilling a new deepwater well based on an Exploration Plan that has been approved after the moratorium was imposed in early 2010.

However, the story doesn’t stop with Cardamom. Shell has submitted other exploration and development plans and is progressing additional permits to drill. It is important that these plans and permits are reviewed in a timely manner. We are particularly concerned about the time lost on our leases due to the moratorium and delays in permitting due to the new requirements.

Bad News
This week, at the request of the President, the Department of Interior released a report that indicates that "more than two-thirds of offshore leases in the Gulf of Mexico and more than half of onshore leases on federal lands remain idle, neither producing nor under active exploration and development by companies who hold those leases." Additionally, “Use It, Or Lose It” or “Idle lease” legislative scheme that hurts our industry was recently introduced in Congress.

It is disappointing that the President has resurrected the allegations of “idle leases.” It reflects a misunderstanding of the business and the hard work – often years of hard work - that must be done before a well is drilled.

At a time when companies are unable to develop existing leases due to delays in getting their drilling permits, this legislation is not useful. We urge policy makers to come together around the facts and focus on real energy solutions that make sense for America. Solutions, for example, that support the timely and efficient permitting of oil and gas prospects particularly in the Gulf of Mexico and in Alaska.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

It's too bad the bad news overshadows the good news. This admin knows EXACTLY what they are doing. They think we the people don't see what's going on, but we do. 2012 can't come fast enough.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

We are going to fire that mofo in 2012. I hope he is remembered as the worse president in the history of the US.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I hope someone from the right side will step up and start campaigning. All the people claiming to be running are not the greatest candidates. I think Boehner could do it if he decided to run, but doubt he will

We have got to get this SOB outta office, but no matter how many stupid things he does, people will still vote for him. I have coworkers that worship him, and are the most clueless people I have ever been around when it comes to politics, someone please come forward!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

The dude sucks but do y'all really think we have somebody to beat him?? I'm hoping we do but I got a bad feeling he will be here for another 4 years.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
The dude sucks but do y'all really think we have somebody to beat him?? I'm hoping we do but I got a bad feeling he will be here for another 4 years.
I sure haven't seen anyone yet. Trump/Sheen 2012?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

The man is a pawn and I belive the people are figuring that out. He has no clue as to what he's doing. He's doing what he's told. If you ever listen to him without a teleprompter, he mumbles and struggles at what he says, but when he's in front of a teleprompter, he's spot on. Now he's talking about raising taxes again, when just a few short months ago when they extended the Bush tax cuts, he said this is what America needs. I know for a fact that if I told the American people that something was good for the country, I damn sure wouldn't go back on my word a few months later. He'll be gone, bank on it.