SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
gotta give it to the guy but i dont think that a fresh dirt levee is gona hold to flowin water to well, best cover it with ash or somthin cause grasss dont grow that fast
That's kinda what I was thinking. I wonder if you could cover with some type of tarp/membrane/plastic and sandbag along the entire bottom.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

At least he is trying to save his house.

Not leaving is not smart.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

man in arkansas dug a moat with a levee around his house with sand bags on top and so far hes still dry
Old 05-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I heard the house movers have been real busy......moving camps and houses to higher ground till this is over......may cost 8gs, but prolly still cheaper than rebuilding?
Old 05-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I heard the house movers have been real busy......moving camps and houses to higher ground till this is over......may cost 8gs, but prolly still cheaper than rebuilding?
dout insurance covers any of that and its sad since alot of people probly have flood ins. on their homes but would rather try to save then rebuild
Old 05-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Flood insurance wont cover this flooding since it was done by the goverment and wasnt a act of God
what was their reason in rita
Old 05-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 690

anybody heard of any levee scouring? me and a buddy talked to a wildlife and fisheries biologist on top the levee by bayou benoit. he told us further north there were areas in the levee washed out big enough for three trucks
Old 05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Flood insurance wont cover this flooding since it was done by the goverment and wasnt a act of God
Yes it will according to State Farm... My folks live in Morgan City and we asked that specific question...

Hydro
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Yes insurance will cover this
Old 05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I'm sure they would rather cover these camps than all the houses in new Orleans again
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Some will be covered some won't, repetitive loss clause will apply. Any property that has flooded two times prior is not eligible for flood insurance unless it is elevated. National Flood Insuarnce Program pays owners up to $30,000 to demolish or elevate after the second loss and that includes claim. Very few people know that the NFIP is in worse financial shape than social security or Medicare. It is one more government boondoggle that the taxpayers are footing the bill for.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

I would think the insurance industry will use this situation, to raise all of our insurance in the near future. Get ready.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

i would find it hard to believe that anyone located in a known spillway can get insurance...
Old 05-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
will the water be over the road in sherburne?
It will be 15 to 20 ft deep in sherburne.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
I would think the insurance industry will use this situation, to raise all of our insurance in the near future. Get ready.
Can you please enlighten me where your statement is grounded in facts or is it only Opinion?? Einstein, the federal government underwrites all Flood Insurance, agents only push the paperwork. Might want to call a reputable agent/agency to learn the real facts about insurance.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

This is a pic that I am borrowing from a good friend of mine. This was taken this morning in Norco. On the left is the MS River. The right, the Bonnet Carre. Without the little line in there (the gates), it would be impossible to distinguish where one started and the other stopped!

Bonnet Carre.jpg
Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Can you please enlighten me where your statement is grounded in facts or is it only Opinion?? Einstein, the federal government underwrites all Flood Insurance, agents only push the paperwork. Might want to call a reputable agent/agency to learn the real facts about insurance.

Can you please enlighten me where your statement is grounded in facts or is it only Opinion??

Answer: Simply an eye's open opinion based on the insurance industry over the last 45 years. The insurance industry is a profit based business. When there is an avenue to increase revenue it is exploited.

Einstein, the federal government underwrites all Flood Insurance, agents only push the paperwork.

Answer: Will not engage in name calling. That is left for adolescents.

Might want to call a reputable agent/agency to learn the real facts about insurance.

Answer: Although, insurance language is mostly legality written, the average insurance consumer, based on years of knowledge from purchasing insurance can clearly start to dissect to real facts.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Can you please enlighten me where your statement is grounded in facts or is it only Opinion??

Answer: Simply an eye's open opinion based on the insurance industry over the last 45 years. The insurance industry is a profit based business. When there is an avenue to increase revenue it is exploited.

Einstein, the federal government underwrites all Flood Insurance, agents only push the paperwork.

Answer: Will not engage in name calling. That is left for adolescents.

Might want to call a reputable agent/agency to learn the real facts about insurance.

Answer: Although, insurance language is mostly legality written, the average insurance consumer, based on years of knowledge from purchasing insurance can clearly start to dissect to real facts.
Please reread my original post, insurance companies do not rate flood insurance, the federal govt does and claims are also paid by them. NFIP, is upside down to the point of being insolvent. During Katrina/Rita, we were told to hold flood payments because they would bounce, feds had to put more money into system for claim payments to clear. I would be happy to dissect or disprove any facts you currently have regarding insurance. Insurance is difficult because most people do not want to spend the time to have someone explain the facts to them, (my father is a prime example of nuckleheaded thinking)! We are not advissaries out to screw our clients and run with the money. Most agents are truly concerned about their clients and want them to remain clients for years. Now, don't get me started on what they should do to the plugs.

Regards,

Raymond Little
Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
This is a pic that I am borrowing from a good friend of mine. This was taken this morning in Norco. On the left is the MS River. The right, the Bonnet Carre. Without the little line in there (the gates), it would be impossible to distinguish where one started and the other stopped!

Attachment 19871

Das' lotsa liquid !!!

Thanks for sharing the photo, hopefully the Morganza wont look like that in a couple of weeks...

Hydro
Old 05-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Crossed Morganza Spillway on Hwy 190 twice today. Dry as a bone under the 4 mile bridge. The water has not made it that far south yet.