SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: 695

If the limit was changed without a vote or explanation to the public. It's messed up. If they have the power to do this then they could just forbid all boats and fishing all together.

I also believe that an aggressive approach isn't the way to fix this. That goes for both sides of the fence.

Limit the government. Have public forum and a vote.

RON PAUL 2012
Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Studies involving wildlife management can not technically be proven, that is why words such as 'suggests' and 'further studies needed', are used and why words such as 'proves' can not be used, because there are so many variables to consider and each population is different.
I can not 'prove' this but I would venture to say that the limit change from 25 to 15 has ZERO effect on the trout population (numbers, size, health, fecundity, etc.) of Big Lake. Recreational fishermen put hardly a dent in the population of a species such as trout. I would also venture to say that an increase from 15 even up to 50 would have such a small effect it would not matter.
It is not hard to find people who are in favor of moving the limit back to original status. It's kinda like coming to Bogalusa, setting up a tent and giving away FREE cell phones. There will be alot of signees. But, Butter is absolutely right...there is absolutely no concrete proof that the reduction has affected the fishery in a negative way. Showing enough proof to the contrary and getting the limit reversed is going to be a tall order. Now, money is another option but it's gonna take a bunch of it.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Studies involving wildlife management can not technically be proven, that is why words such as 'suggests' and 'further studies needed', are used and why words such as 'proves' can not be used, because there are so many variables to consider and each population is different.
I can not 'prove' this but I would venture to say that the limit change from 25 to 15 has ZERO effect on the trout population (numbers, size, health, fecundity, etc.) of Big Lake. Recreational fishermen put hardly a dent in the population of a species such as trout. I would also venture to say that an increase from 15 even up to 50 would have such a small effect it would not matter.

makes sense really.........
I have never had the opinion that a rod and reel can hurt a fishery
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
w a little food for thought there is a common factor between office fishermen and real fishermen

THEY ARE BOTH FISHERMEN

1st off yall took this phrase the wrong way....

Officefisherman is the term used by other who are against the 15 trout limit

This describes the ones who went to baton rouge to fight for a limit they dont even fish enough for..

you can work in a office year round and be a great fisherman but I dont think a guy who only fishes a lake 2-4 times a month needs to be in Baton Rouge pushing something he knows little about

This was stated and proved the group of guys knew little about giving a reason...

You all took it as EVERYONE..who works in the office
Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Who Wants a T Shirt..Im having some made and what ever it cost me it cost you.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blank-t-shirt.jpg (28.5 KB, 125 views)
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
1st off yall took this phrase the wrong way....

Officefisherman is the term used by other who are against the 15 trout limit

This describes the ones who went to baton rouge to fight for a limit they dont even fish enough for..

you can work in a office year round and be a great fisherman but I dont think a guy who only fishes a lake 2-4 times a month needs to be in Baton Rouge pushing something he knows little about

This was stated and proved the group of guys knew little about giving a reason...

You all took it as EVERYONE..who works in the office
Really?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,196

Sure W, so we took this wrong?

Quote"90% of you on this thread spend 3/4 less time on the water than I do.. So don't tell me my theory is wrong when you don't spend the time or know 1st hand the problem
99% of you talk about crap you don't know..you yap yap yap behind a desk and fish on weekend and think you know something

You don't know

...you don't see it enough to know
...your not around enough to know
I been on this lake from 5years old and I spend more time on the water in one year than 80 % of you do in 10years" Quote

Again this is what you said

"99% of you talk about crap you don't know..you yap yap yap behind a desk and fish on weekend and think you know something"

I get it but thanks for trying to clear things up.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Sure W, so we took this wrong?

Quote"90% of you on this thread spend 3/4 less time on the water than I do.. So don't tell me my theory is wrong when you don't spend the time or know 1st hand the problem
99% of you talk about crap you don't know..you yap yap yap behind a desk and fish on weekend and think you know something

You don't know

...you don't see it enough to know
...your not around enough to know
I been on this lake from 5years old and I spend more time on the water in one year than 80 % of you do in 10years" Quote

Again this is what you said

"99% of you talk about crap you don't know..you yap yap yap behind a desk and fish on weekend and think you know something"

I get it but thanks for trying to clear things up.
So thats not true???
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Site Owner/Admin

This looks familiar to me, I think I may have seen it before.....

Now I remember, this is exactly what W did with his close political friend (an office angler I'm sure) Dan Morrish and the oyster issue.

flip / flop - flip / flop

You and crawfish have more in common that just being short.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
So thats not true???
What that you do not respect "99%" of the people on this site and think you are better than us? No I do think that is true, I have no doubt.

But now you want our support again, now that you have figured out that you are just one person and that you alone have no power, none....
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
This looks familiar to me, I think I may have seen it before.....

Now I remember, this is exactly what W did with his close political friend (an office angler I'm sure) Dan Morrish and the oyster issue.

flip / flop - flip / flop

You and crawfish have more in common that just being short.
So answer me this

your telling me that I dont spend more time on the water than 90% of people active with this site?

your telling me that people who spend less time acutally on the water know more about our fishery than me??

Please to tell
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Lol I'll take a shirt lol
Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
So answer me this

your telling me that I dont spend more time on the water than 90% of people active with this site?

your telling me that people who spend less time acutally on the water know more about our fishery than me??

Please to tell

Who care's who spends more time. Quit being an a-hole!!. Everyone here agrees with you about the fishery. It shouldn't have been changed. We all know that. BUT, no one wants to be on your side publicly because of how you are acting. You are just isolating yourself from the rest of us. That's no way to get things done.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
So answer me this

Please to tell
Tell me this, who cares? I mean besides you of course, trout fishing is clearly your number one priority in life.

If we all acknowledge that you spend more time on the water than anyone on this site other than the 57 or so guides that work out of big lake, what does that prove? You must have won several big tournaments on big lake given this wisdom you have obtained right? Nope, you are you tied with the office boys, sitting on a zero. Actually we should probably ask Evis what should be done, he consistently wins or places in the top five. Has he just spent more time on the water than you or is he just better?

Do you have a degree in Marine Biology? Truth be told, the guys you hate that you call office fishermen are far from it. As a matter of fact the guy I know that was involved fishes more than you do and has more money invested in the lake than you. Are you more qualified than he is to decide the fate of the trout limit?

Why keep this up, most people want to see the limit increased because like Salty said people inherently want more. Get with Math Geek and print out what you have and whatever you want to add and see what the powers that be have to say about it.

As far as you smashing 6,000 members and your flip/flop past being pointed out which you have not even tried to refute, that is collateral damage that comes with you running your mouth. I stand up for the people of this site, I always have and I always will. I got trashed on LAS last week for doing just that. It is what it is.

Good day.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Who care's who spends more time. Quit being an a-hole!!. Everyone here agrees with you about the fishery. It shouldn't have been changed. We all know that. BUT, no one wants to be on your side publicly because of how you are acting. You are just isolating yourself from the rest of us. That's no way to get things done.
Exactly, well said.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

boooooom
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Great White

Quote:
Tell me this, who cares? I mean besides you of course, trout fishing is clearly your number one priority in life.

If we all acknowledge that you spend more time on the water than anyone on this site other than the 57 or so guides that work out of big lake, what does that prove? You must have won several big tournaments on big lake given this wisdom you have obtained right? Nope, you are you tied with the office boys, sitting on a zero. Actually we should probably ask Evis what should be done, he consistently wins or places in the top five. Has he just spent more time on the water than you or is he just better?

Do you have a degree in Marine Biology? Truth be told, the guys you hate that you call office fishermen are far from it. As a matter of fact the guy I know the was involved fishes more than you do and has more money invested in the lake than you. Are you more qualified than he is to decide the fate of the trout limit?

Why keep this up, most people want to see the limit increased because like Salty said people inherently want more. Get with Math Geek and print out what you have and whatever you want to add and see what the powers that be have to say about it.

As far as you smashing 6,000 members and your flip/flop past being pointed out which you have not even tried to refute, that is collateral damage that comes with you running your mouth. I stand up for the people of this site, I always have and I always will. I got trashed on LAS last week for doing just that. It is what it is.

Good day.

Thanks alot, Casey. I just dropped my cigarette and burnt a hole in my newest OU shirt.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

Do you have a degree in Marine Biology? Truth be told, the guys you hate that you call office fishermen are far from it. As a matter of fact the guy I know that was involved fishes more than you do and has more money invested in the lake than you. Are you more qualified than he is to decide the fate of the trout limit?

Good day.
Please fill this out and fax it back to me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg report.jpg (74.5 KB, 107 views)
Old 06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Saw that one coming lol
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Please fill this out and fax it back to me

Is this the form you complete before or after you figure 8 an unsuspecting office fishermen?