SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427
Default Cajun Justice

Premeiers tonight on A&E, it's basically "Cops" but they follow the Terrebonne Parish Sheriffs Office around. They filmed 21 episodes and it comes on tonight @9 PM

http://www.aetv.com/
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Can't wait to see how bad the protray our friends down the bayou. In talking with some peeps in Dularge, it seems lots of the stuff they filmed was staged for better tv. Like going to someone's camp to re-film an arrest becasue the light wasn't good and stuff like that. I'll be watching it since the DVR is already set, but not to sure how the show will be as far as "actual" video. Also heard the new sheriff already sent them a letter telling them don't bother packing a suitcase to come back when he takes office.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Swordfish

Larpenter did tell them that. Larepenter takes office in July and Vernon don't want him in there to see whats going on till he takes office.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:46 PM
King Mackeral

Not trying to hyjack the thread, but Swamp give us the scoop. Heard that Vernon B. and Jerry used to be friends, but now something is going on and they have a bunch of turmoil going???? Vernon decided not to run last election, correct? Seems odd to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 879

Larpenter told Vernon to either step down or run against him in the last election. Larpenter also said that the sheriffs office will not renew the contract again so this will be the only season of this ignorant show. It would be one thing if the truely showed what goes on down here but that wouldn't make good tv. The parish only recieves some where around $1500 per episode. Supposedly they accidently broke a woman's leg making the show and they also totalled a cruiser and the parish had to cover the $1000 deductable. As guess you can tell by my ranting that I'm not for this show cause we don't need to be made to look stupid because it makes good tv.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Swordfish

You pretty much hit it on the head both of you. Vernon was endorsed by Jerry to run for Sheriff he was custom tailored and pretty much hand picked to do the job. Jerry stepped down from Sherrif after 2? to run for Parish President in a failed bid.

Look on Houmatoday.com they had an article a few days ago about the whole thing. Here's

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20...20609740?tc=cr

They mention VooDoo rituals, I aint never seen that **** in all my life down here.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

yea i got friends in S O that are not in the show that have said it is such B.S.!!

they said it's all Vernon pushing it! said they call him Sheriff Hollywood!!
what a douche!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
King Mackeral

Never met Vernon, but had the chance to meet Sheriff Larpenter a few times and he seemed like a standup guy that really took care of his parish. From the previews, it looks like some crap with alot of it staged. I have been fishing Dularge for 17 years, and have never seen some of the stuff they are putting together. The most drama we have ever had was the dope washing up a few years ago on Last Island and the accidental shooting in the airboat. Not something I want to deal with on my time off if you know what I mean.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

All these shows out of Louisiana are ALL staged, BUT I don't think they need to stage them at all. You could just keep a camera on Si Robertson or that Shelby guy and have a good show. Most of the people on these shows seem like true characters and no need to stage all that.

The swamp tour business is booming right now though
Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Swordfish

Please dont watch this.......it sucks
Old 06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,074

Thank you, Thank You very much!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Just watched it. Just another staged, over the top Louisiana show which seemed to be more about gators than law enforcement. Everybody trying to piggy back on swamp people popularity
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Its just a shame that we elected Sheriff Hollywood and that he allowed this ignorant to take place and make people from all over think that everythink down here is swamps, gravel roads, and cane fields. Don't get me wrong I enjoy fishing, hunting, our food and culture that we all love and is the reason we live here, but it'd be nice if for once these shows wouldn't portray us as a bunch of bumbling idiots!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

They don't interview anyone unless they require sub titles.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Trophy Trout

The sad thing is they don't even do a good job of staging the show. The first call they went on where the man had his window unit stollen the house didn't even have a meter in the electric meter box on the outside the house. So why would you need an a/c if you don't even have electricity. Also the only boat that was at the camp where they busted the drug dealers was the sheriffs boat, so had did the drug dealers get there? Its just a joke.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Swordfish

The camp they showed is a buddies of mines family camp.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 646
Default All staged

The camp where the ghost hunters were belongs to a TPSO deputy. The camp where the drug dealer was belongs to a TPSO deputy. I saw them load the big alligator in a boat to bring it out to the camp to shoot the scene.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I watched and let me tell you it sucked!!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Swordfish

Once upon a time they had a chow on the local TV station called the beat, it was much more entertaining than this. This show is way to staged, hopefully it fails miserably.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Redfish

Cash: 809

That was the biggest waste of an hour of my life...It was laughable stupid...There was not even 1 thing real in that show...100% production. I wonder if those guys were actually on-duty being paid doing this...Unless the "sheriff" calls it "training", he would have some explaining to do to the citizens. Using taxpayer money to do that crap should be criminal. That guy is certainly full of himself..."The sheriff can only be arrested by the coroner, dead or alive" he says. I'd like to see him tell that to LSP as they drug him out in bracelets...What a douche and misrepresentation of good sheriffs in La. I'm surprised La Sheriffs' Association is not livid over this.