SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Default Jackson Hole, WY

Planning a trip the first week of August to Jackson hole and Yellowstone. Looking for recommendations on lodging, restaurants, outfitters. Anyone been and can give me some suggestions?

TIA,

Latt
Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Buddy of mine was a fLy fishin guide up there for a few years. It's beautiful up there!! My brother went to Yellowstone last summer I'll ask him and get back to ya!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Scuba,

First week of August is just around the corner! Lodging at Jackson Hole is very expensive. It is beautiful there though.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
Scuba,

First week of August is just around the corner! Lodging at Jackson Hole is very expensive. It is beautiful there though.

I know -- $250-$400 per night and up to $2000 per night at places I have found vacant. not worried about price just don't want to be in a condo/hotel with paper thin walls. I like to sleep in on my vacation. I plan to spend anywhere from $3000 - $4000 on this trip. I know this is expensive but anything worth doing is going to cost you.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 899

I stayed at the Wagon Wheel when I went a few years ago. It looks like it was rennovated and changed names to Rustic Inn. Great location to down town and not too far to the entrance of Yellowstone. I loved skiing at Jackson Hole, amazingly beautiful place. We took a snowmobile trip through the park to old faithful that was really neat...and cold.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 703

There are some cool places in the Tetons (less than 30 miles). One I remember is the Jenny Lake Lodge.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Can't help on the lodging but you have to visit Mangelson's photography studio in JH, incredible photos, went a few years back to Yellowstone and stopped thru there. JH is very very expensive, buncha rich folks have summer homes there, may see someone famous

Yellowstone is very crowded, Tetons is much less crowded. We got a fishing license and just found a place to pull off and fished on the Gallatin River and caught plenty of cutthroats and rainbows on dry flies. (Gallatin is where River Runs Thru It was filmed)

If you just want to catch some fish then freeline a night crawler or catch a small crawfish and throw him out there on an ultralight, wife was doing that and tore em up
Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

Check out Million Dollar Bar in Jackson Hole. We were just up to Yellowstone a few weeks ago. We were in motorhome thou. Loved the trip.