SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Default Duck report for grand chenier

Went to blind yesterday to do a little work and we are just covered up with ducks and pooldoo. We hunt across the hwy from the catholic church, and we have a pasture that has turned into a lake since the storms and i bet there was at least between 2 to 5 thousand ducks and pooldoos with a mixture of grey ducks, pintails, spoonies and teal. Even seen a flock of about 20 widgeon and a single mallard drake. Got to our pond and jumped up about 200 grey ducks and teal out the pond with about the same number of pooldoo in it. We have so much widgeon grass in the pond the birds are just having a field day. In the blind taken measurments and the ducks started coming back and landing in the pond. Looks like it's gonna be a great season for use come on nov 12th!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Went Saturday morning before the LSU game. Hunt just a little south of you guys. We take the gravel road below the Church to the end. You indeed have tons of birds!!! Not much holdin' in our area...no widgeon grass in our ponds... too salty! When the shootin' starts opening day we always seem to get our share...send me the teal, please!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefman View Post
went saturday morning before the lsu game. Hunt just a little south of you guys. We take the gravel road below the church to the end. You indeed have tons of birds!!! Not much holdin' in our area...no widgeon grass in our ponds... Too salty! When the shootin' starts opening day we always seem to get our share...send me the teal, please!

where exactly do you hunt? I'm garry primeauxs son-n-law my name is chris meche. I can't believe ya'll don't have any grass growing. This is the most birds i've seen befor the season since the storms.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefman View Post
went saturday morning before the lsu game. Hunt just a little south of you guys. We take the gravel road below the church to the end. You indeed have tons of birds!!! Not much holdin' in our area...no widgeon grass in our ponds... Too salty! When the shootin' starts opening day we always seem to get our share...send me the teal, please!

had a flock of about 100 greenwings circle the pond a couple of times while we were out there. The ducks are unreal out there our place looks like the front of the big burns.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Hope all is well by buddy hunts pretty much directly behind booths on family land... Hope it comes together