SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default Four Wheeler Thefts

awful lot of four wheelers being stolen lately, had a buddy tell me they stole two four wheelers from his place, and a guy up the road got hit last night, fourwheeler stolen from his locked garage while he was home, police told him there have been dealing with this frequently, i have been keeping mine locked up with a chain, it is bad if they will break into your locked garage and roll out with your stuff while you are home, lock your stuff up good and hopefully no one tries while i am home, i would hate to have to put a hole in somebody over material possessions
Old 12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Flounder

Cash: 613

I also heard the same thing several times in the past week. Mine stays in my garage as well. I have absolutely no problem ventilating someone that thinks they can come take what I have worked for. If your old/dumb enough to break in then your old/dumb enough to get a few ventilation holes. Problem today is they think they can just run around stealing everyones things and get away with it, and if they get caught they get a slap on the wrist and thrown in jail for minimum time and then they are back at it. If theyre caught in my house, ill be the judge, they wont be stealing anymore. Just my $.02
Old 12-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,211

Had mine stolen out the back of my truck a couple years ago. Like a dumb *** I left the key in the ignition because I was packed and leaving early in the morning to go to mud fest. Woke up to the sound of my bike being started at 3 am. Grabbed my shotgun and ran outside by that time it was a couple hundred yards down the road. They drove it straight out the back of my truck breaking my tailgate in the process. I was living in a rent house in plaza village off of dulles at the time. They hit my roommates truck a couple weeks later stealing his wallet and radio.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Yeah it's getting bad, about 3 weeks ago someone stole my cousins 4 wheeler from out the back of his truck also and a deer he had in a ice chest !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Just look at the crazy crap happening in Lafayette. 20 robberies in less than a month. Another bank was just robbed today in Church Point. It's sad when I don't even feel safe letting the wife run to the Dollar Store. It's far beyond time people start fighting back. Start shooting these bastids and chopping their hands off. If a store clerk or bank teller kills one, let them display the body as a warning sign. They aren't scared of the police or the jacked up justice system. At least they can be scared of people like us.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Is this happening in Lake Charles area or mainly Lafayette?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Flounder

Cash: 613

I'm in North Sulphur off Houston River rd and from what the sheriffs dept said when I called them out the first time someone was trying to break in was that its a theft ring going on in the area that is more than likely originated from Houston. My neighbor had their patio furniture stole last week. That's getting ridiculous. Jail isn't doing anything for the ones they catch bc they make deals to get off easy and go back to stealing. If you shoot him dead in his tracks you won't have to worry about the fantastic justice system we have. If I does go down your only response has to be "I was trying to minimize the threat"...it will be your word against a dead mans.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:52 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Yeah it's getting bad, about 3 weeks ago someone stole my cousins 4 wheeler from out the back of his truck also and a deer he had in a ice chest !!

yeah my buddy lives in your neck of the woods, down arnaudville rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
Is this happening in Lake Charles area or mainly Lafayette?
we talking about lafayette and surrounding areas, but i am sure i could be in the lc area too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Just look at the crazy crap happening in Lafayette. 20 robberies in less than a month. Another bank was just robbed today in Church Point. It's sad when I don't even feel safe letting the wife run to the Dollar Store. It's far beyond time people start fighting back. Start shooting these bastids and chopping their hands off. If a store clerk or bank teller kills one, let them display the body as a warning sign. They aren't scared of the police or the jacked up justice system. At least they can be scared of people like us.
yeah i don't let my ole lady go shopping by herself anymore either, she will have to get on the "buddy system" when i am in the woods hunting, she looked at me crazy sunday when i put the .454 in the car, i told her that it was for "insurance purposes"
Old 12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
King Mackeral

Another bank robbery in the oil center lafayette
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

2 bank robberies in 2 weeks in DeRidder and Leesville. Small Small towns. Both less than 1/2 the siize of LC and Lafayette.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Quote:
Start shooting these bastids and chopping their hands off. If a store clerk or bank teller kills one, let them display the body as a warning sign. They aren't scared of the police or the jacked up justice system. At least they can be scared of people like us.
Sounds like you would rather live in Iran.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...#slide=2035143
Old 12-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Sounds like you would rather live in Iran.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...#slide=2035143

Not at all. I just want my wife to be able to go to the store or work without her being afraid she'll be robbed. Apparently the "strict penalties" criminals get today aren't enough of a deterrent.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:43 AM
King Mackeral

Default ha

Quote:
Not at all. I just want my wife to be able to go to the store or work without her being afraid she'll be robbed. Apparently the "strict penalties" criminals get today aren't enough of a deterrent.

got to have a 12GAUGE PERFORATING SYSTEM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg defense.jpg (40.5 KB, 271 views)
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Ling

That will work great at the house, but not for a run to the store occasion. Having any gun visible, to me, only makes you more of a target. That's the great thing about concealed carry. Who knows if that guy I'm about to rob is carrying........ And who's to say he's not handier with the steel than said me. Keep them guessing. Make them wonder if that store/bank/parking lot he's caseing isn't going to be where he finally gets his.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

@matt- our end of town is even gettin to where you can't trust anyone.... At my parents house in Milton awhile back it started with gas cans coming up missing then progressed to one day they let out our dogs and took the leads off our welder, battery jumper, 4 wheeler ramps, front pedestal seat off the boat and the transom saver. This was an area that ppl just let neighbors borrow and barely had to worry about doors being locked...

Now everything stays locked down and I have a few gas cans with a special mixture sitting around in plain view.....

Old 12-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Ling

http://www.katc.com/news/man-accused...-in-lafayette/

Looks like they caught one of the guys in the act. Great job LPD!

Looking at the Jade System on LPSO website, his bond totals $2,160,00! Hopefully he's gone for a long time.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:41 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Along the same lines, here is a reader's digest version of my morning today. To top it off, his girlfriend is calling me to arrange his surrender! I find that funny.

Dear Mr. Local POS - I really wasn't sure why you decided to run from me at 1:30 this morning, especially since being in a closed city park is not that big of a deal. But, since you left your driver's license in the vehicle, I learned that you have been very naughty this year and we need to talk about these felony theft warrants! Yeah nobody likes a thief and Santa is watching! Now, I know it was a long run for you, especially after having to go over the 9' fence. Hope you are ok, after all - that 34 degree weather through wet rice fields must have been miserable in tennis shoes. By the way, you may want to get some cash to your girlfriend - her car left on the wrecker and he is charging storage fees besides the tow. One more little thing, sir. You really suck as a drug dealer! When you run from the long arm of the law, rule #1 is to never drop your cell phone - especially when you have all your important transactions in it!!!! Yeah, I think I will get some of that "dro"!!!! We'll see ya' soon - sleep well! Sincerely, every man and woman of my department!!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I posted that on my FB page and it was a little vindication for not getting him this morning.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Along the same lines, here is a reader's digest version of my morning today. To top it off, his girlfriend is calling me to arrange his surrender! I find that funny.

Dear Mr. Local POS - I really wasn't sure why you decided to run from me at 1:30 this morning, especially since being in a closed city park is not that big of a deal. But, since you left your driver's license in the vehicle, I learned that you have been very naughty this year and we need to talk about these felony theft warrants! Yeah nobody likes a thief and Santa is watching! Now, I know it was a long run for you, especially after having to go over the 9' fence. Hope you are ok, after all - that 34 degree weather through wet rice fields must have been miserable in tennis shoes. By the way, you may want to get some cash to your girlfriend - her car left on the wrecker and he is charging storage fees besides the tow. One more little thing, sir. You really suck as a drug dealer! When you run from the long arm of the law, rule #1 is to never drop your cell phone - especially when you have all your important transactions in it!!!! Yeah, I think I will get some of that "dro"!!!! We'll see ya' soon - sleep well! Sincerely, every man and woman of my department!!!!
. Don't you love when stupid people make your life so much easier.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 AM
King Mackeral

Default yes

hopefully they are right and he is responsible and not just a scapegoat for them to pin everything on, i know he was caught in the act and he is guilty and will get what he deserves, but you never know if he was the only one involved