SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 08-21-2016, 06:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,112
Default Burns trips from last two weeks

Here are the reports from the last few trips to the Burns. My brother in law and I went out in the morning on Thursday the 11th. We fished paddletails, crankbaits, and some worms mostly. We caught our limit of bass and then played catch and release for a couple hours.
We threw back a couple of bass over two pounds as well. Then we fished with small jigs for a little while and caught a few goggle eyes, white perch, and bluegills.

We went back out on Wednesday the 17th around all the rain. We had a couple of storms go around us and one that sent us back to the launch for about 40 minutes. The water was up about 16" and a bit muddy around the launch but cleared up the further back we went. Like most days, we fished paddletails, worms and crankbaits. The extra water above the weeds made it easier to fish cranks. We ran across the school of redfish this trip and my brother in law landed a nice one, but we released it before I thought to take a picture.

Our last trip for this year to the marsh was Friday the 19th. We went out later in the morning than normal. The day started slow, but we eventually found some holding along the edges of trails and cuts with good water movement. We released one that weighed right under 5 lbs.
We ran across some flooded out ants
We also found this large mat of salvinia in this pond that wasn't there at all the previous trip. I guess the rain and wind piled it up.
We kept these.

Now that the marsh is closed, we will had to focus our attention elsewhere. Maybe the calcasieu river or big lake once the water cleans up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,210

Nice catches. Great report. Thanks.
It's good that there's that much water in there.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 728

Nice! I was wondering if anyone was fishing with the water up, I passed Chessons Saturday and there were a lot of boats there before daylight, figured they were taken advantage of the high water... We're seeing more and more dead salvinia and less of the large green mats like the pic you posted