SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856
Default Late Report

Late report from couple weekends ago, hit up STephensville again and did pretty good, 90 total bream, chiqapin, sacilait mix. Went to Charenton this past weekend, on Sunday left after lunch and wound up catching 18 sacs, and 7 "VERY LARGE" bream. No pics from that trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0336.jpg (68.3 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0334.jpg (33.8 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0335.jpg (83.8 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0337.jpg (73.5 KB, 235 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Trophy Trout

Default WTH???

Sorry guys, to view these pics please stand on your head!!! Anybody know how to fix within the thread?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I just held my computer screen upside down, and it was perfect lol!!!!!! Great mess of fish looks like a great time.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,982

Nice mess of fish right there !!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Nice pics !

Can you still get into Grevenberg (sp ?) out of Charenton ???

Thanks,
Hydro
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Nice pics !

Can you still get into Grevenberg (sp ?) out of Charenton ???

Thanks,
Hydro
Hydro, not real sure, im just starting to get back to fishing that area, I had abondoned it for many years fishing mainly east, stephensville, duck lake area, having to re-learn a lot of places in the beniot, charenton area.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Nice trip. How does the fishing compare to the Stephensville area? I've hunted Attakapas and catfished/crawfished the area but never anything else. The water is just always so dirty on that side compared to the Duck Lake side I never thought about it. Many other people fishing that area?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 912

Looks like you had yourself a nice trip. I love catching bluegill/bream, especially the ones that are over a pound.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Nice trip. How does the fishing compare to the Stephensville area? I've hunted Attakapas and catfished/crawfished the area but never anything else. The water is just always so dirty on that side compared to the Duck Lake side I never thought about it. Many other people fishing that area?
When the bite is on, it's like any other place, some areas get more crowded than others, overall it's a really good fishery. This fishing for me is more consistent in Stephensville, you don't have to hunt for them as hard, but with gas at the price it is right now, I decided to try a lil closer to home for a bit! LOL., and generally speaking if the river is below 10', it's pretty good now matter where you go, just find the cleaner water.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfreak View Post
Hydro, not real sure, im just starting to get back to fishing that area, I had abondoned it for many years fishing mainly east, stephensville, duck lake area, having to re-learn a lot of places in the beniot, charenton area.

Just curious, its been 15-20 yrs since I was in there.... Real pretty area, had to idle back thru the swamp for a mile or so to get in... Once in, it opens up into a small "lake" of sorts, we used to catch allot of bass back there...

Thanks,
Hydro
Old 04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Just curious, its been 15-20 yrs since I was in there.... Real pretty area, had to idle back thru the swamp for a mile or so to get in... Once in, it opens up into a small "lake" of sorts, we used to catch allot of bass back there...

Thanks,
Hydro
Yeah that is a very pretty area....you can still get back there but like the rest of the basin depends on the lillys.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
King Mackeral

Yea, thinking about it some more, its been since before Hurricane Andrew that I was in there last... Ex Father in Law had a camp out there and lost it during Andrew, never went back ...

Time does fly !!!

Hydro
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Ever do any good on crawfish down there I have a few traps I'd like to set out but never know a good little spot to run them at ?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Depends on the water. I usually fish along the Levey Side West of Grand Lake. You can get in there past the Centerville boat landing. Careful, because it's silted in pretty bad around there now. If the water is high you should be ok. I fish the trees across from the Levey. I have also fished North of the old Placid Field putting in at Wilsons landing but I don't like leaving my truck there. That landing is not the most secure and the mouth the the canal to the landing is silted in pretty bad. You will need a surface drive in that area. A lot of other people fish those areas so make sure you are not setting up to close to anyone else.