SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM View Post
If you have a 12 volt tank sprayer (can get one at Tractor Supply) it will spray a water bleach solution up to the high spots. Might have to get on the extension ladder but tank comes with about 20 foot of hose
good idea!

Thanks guys! When I pressure wash I try to use the lower psi nozzle ends...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Remember..... 90 % of the dirt will just wash off with a hose.

To clean off the "green" algea I use 1/3 clorax and 2/3 water....then I add about 1/2 cup of Cheer laundry soap. After I rinse off the siding I spray down a 20 foot area with a garden sprayer. Then after a couple of minutes I brush it down with a broom....just to be sure all the dirt is lossened up. Then rinse it off and you are done.

Wear some old clothing...... even diluted clorax will leave spots on clothing.

Yes, there will a little chalking, but I have been doing this for 15 years [~ once per year] and can not see that there is any damage.

If there are plants around where you need to wash.....wet them down first and rinse them off right after you spray. This will keep the wife happy. Chlorax is not good for the plants.

I can do the whole house in 3 to 4 hours.

Anyone got a good way to clean of the roof shingles?

Even using 100% clorax does not do a very good job and I don't think it is good for the shingles.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Anyone got a good way to clean of the roof shingles?
Spray it and Forget It http://sprayandforget.com/
Works great on Roofs, Siding and Paint. Never tried it on concrete. For siding and paint clean first and then spray this as recomended. Will keep mold and mildew off for at least a year. (Only need to do the sides of the house that mildew.) And for roofs it will clean that black crap off. I had to do 2 coats about 6 months apart and it took a year for most of it to come off. I only did part of my roof so I could tell how it worked. Works great and easy to do. Just buy the hose spray attachment hook it up and spray down the roof. Done You can get it at some Ace stores but I ordered mine.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

I go to the dollar store and buy some 'AWESOME' cleaner. Mix the awesome with a small amount of bleach and water in a sprayer. Spray on siding and let sit for a few minutes. Hit it with the pressure washer and yo crib will look brand new. I use the awesome on all sorts of cleaning projects. Works well.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Make sure you wet any bushs realy well before and after but if you get jomax it tells you how to mix it with bleach. I have washed alot of houses and if its realy realy bad i use pure bleach, wet sideing spray bleach let sit a few min then wash realy well. I use a back pack sprayer to spray bleach with and wash down with just a water hose, pressure washer gets water in bad places sometimes
Old 06-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

You don't need a pressure washer to clean vinyl siding. Like someone mentioned, use the tank with the pump and longer hose. You'll work yourself to death with a pump-up sprayer. Now, the cleaner. Nothing will clean mildew and algae like JO-MAX 'n' bleach. The bleach is only used to activate the JO-MAX. Mix per label instructions. JO-MAX is useless without the proper amount of bleach. You can mix it stronger if you like but you have to keep the JO-MAX/bleach ratio the same. That crap will run down the wall on contact if mixed properly. Bleach by itself only camoflauges the mildew. Bleach 'n' JO-MAX kills it. Never let bleach dry on your windows, otherwise, you'll be Windexin' them.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
You don't need a pressure washer to clean vinyl siding. Like someone mentioned, use the tank with the pump and longer hose. You'll work yourself to death with a pump-up sprayer. Now, the cleaner. Nothing will clean mildew and algae like JO-MAX 'n' bleach. The bleach is only used to activate the JO-MAX. Mix per label instructions. JO-MAX is useless without the proper amount of bleach. You can mix it stronger if you like but you have to keep the JO-MAX/bleach ratio the same. That crap will run down the wall on contact if mixed properly. Bleach by itself only camoflauges the mildew. Bleach 'n' JO-MAX kills it. Never let bleach dry on your windows, otherwise, you'll be Windexin' them.
Where do you get this JO-MAX at?....My house is brick but my eves and aluminum facial need a good cleaning.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Jomax x2. We pressure wash it off the siding.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Where do you get this JO-MAX at?....My house is brick but my eves and aluminum facial need a good cleaning.
First time I ever saw it was at Lowe's or Home Depot. Can't remember which. It was like $10 per gallon. It goes a long way for a job like that because of the mixture.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Salty..... just wondering?

I use 1/3 clorax and 2/3 water and a little soap to clean my vinyl siding. To me it looks like new when I rinse it off. If the little tree frogs leave some "droppings" on the siding..... I brush it with a broom a little to break if loose. One and a half gallons clorax will clean the house.

What does the JO-Max do to help the cleaning process?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
First time I ever saw it was at Lowe's or Home Depot. Can't remember which. It was like $10 per gallon. It goes a long way for a job like that because of the mixture.
Thanks Salty....