SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt hoop View Post
Power pro 30 or even 40 in areas where there is a shot of getting larger fish as cobia, tripple tail, or red snapper. As for the redfish A dexter cerated or even a dexter roast beef slicer. The roast beef slicer has to be dulled prior to cleaning fish.

One nice day of fishing. Hope you have a lot more like that.
Yep....been using power pro 30lb for several years never had a break off. You can get away with smaller pound test but im my experience you get wind knots with the smaller test. Never had that problem with the 30lb. Need to try out the dexter knife as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,811

Dude them some footballs! You got every tournament angler drooling! Even myself
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole_benda View Post
Dude them some footballs! You got every tournament angler drooling! Even myself
That is all we kept saying after we would bring another one in....that is also why many went back.

Thanks all for the nice words and advice...bought the knife already and found my spool of 30lb Pro and will spool a couple poles for next time.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Man I have been eyeballing those dexters at academy never picked one up tho guess i need to give em a shot!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 602
Default Fishing Line

I like using ultra light tackle as well. Try lining your reels with Spyder Wire Line. I use 20-30Lb line and it will make a big difference. Use a leader of about 2 feet of 10-15Lb monofilament. Attach this to the spool of your reel and to the base of the line you are about to fill with. This will keep the line from spinning on the spool. This line will be about the same diameter as your other line but much stronger, this is what the pro's have gone too. This line will hold up to being drug thru the shell. All line is breakable check it after catching a fish or after a resonable amount of cast. If there is a nick in this line it will be much easier to see than on regular line. Also when I take someone that is a novice I tie the lines for them. Good line doesn't make a differance if the line doesn't hold. This will interfear with your fishing, but you did bring them to have a good time so we must make the sacrafice. Good luck fishing let me know how it fares.

Gonefishing1
Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Man I have been eyeballing those dexters at academy never picked one up tho guess i need to give em a shot!
Shaw don't you guide on Big Lake? Do you normally clean your customers catch or do they take the fish home?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
30 lb power pro. Diameter of 8 lb mono.
nice catch
Will that 30 lb PowerPro work on all types of reels?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 620

Nice Haul
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishing1 View Post
I like using ultra light tackle as well. Try lining your reels with Spyder Wire Line. I use 20-30Lb line and it will make a big difference. Use a leader of about 2 feet of 10-15Lb monofilament. Attach this to the spool of your reel and to the base of the line you are about to fill with. This will keep the line from spinning on the spool. This line will be about the same diameter as your other line but much stronger, this is what the pro's have gone too. This line will hold up to being drug thru the shell. All line is breakable check it after catching a fish or after a resonable amount of cast. If there is a nick in this line it will be much easier to see than on regular line. Also when I take someone that is a novice I tie the lines for them. Good line doesn't make a differance if the line doesn't hold. This will interfear with your fishing, but you did bring them to have a good time so we must make the sacrafice. Good luck fishing let me know how it fares.

Gonefishing1
Thank you for that very informative tip..I will try it on another rod for next time and report back. Thanks a bunch. No matter who is fishing with me I try and make sure they have a good time...sometimes I probably worry about it too much. On this trip my company caught most of the fish
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Nice reds....where were they caught..Rollover
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Nice catch. Look like some marsh reds to me. Big and fat with a lot of them over 27".
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
Nice catch. Look like some marsh reds to me. Big and fat with a lot of them over 27".
There is only one that is over 27" the rest that where that size are still swimming...most of them are 26" (plus or minus a half inch)...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Will that 30 lb PowerPro work on all types of reels?
I use it on my spinning reels, instead of mono I used a small piece of electrical tape to keep it from slipping. I had 65lb on my ambassadeur but it kept digging into the spool which gets frustrating watching your bait fly off. But alot of people use it with no problems on baitcast reels
Old 04-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripinlips View Post
There is only one that is over 27" the rest that where that size are still swimming...most of them are 26" (plus or minus a half inch)...
I didn't mean to imply you kept more than one over 27", just when you said you caught a lot over 27". That is what happens when we fish the Marsh. We catch Lots of 27"-31" fish.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 912

Nice mess of fish. Those reds look like they're fun to catch.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
I didn't mean to imply you kept more than one over 27", just when you said you caught a lot over 27". That is what happens when we fish the Marsh. We catch Lots of 27"-31" fish.
Gotcha...never had this happen like this before. We usually catch a few in that size range, not everyone