SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949
Hairout Red snapper

My wifes cousin is the charter boat captain in the yellow shirt they compltetly removed his discussion.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular...8fuT40W_Q.cspx
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

A damn shame!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,607

Thats disgusting!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

That's one of them issues cca should be involved in but they to worried about their big banquets and fishing tournaments.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Trophy Trout

if you go on youtube type in local15 tv they have a longer version they edited a whole lot and no one can find the full version the aired the first nite. looks like someone is getting squeezed already by this video.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog View Post
that's one of them issues cca should be involved in but they to worried about their big banquets and fishing tournaments.
x50

brown fin
Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

W T F
Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
That's one of them issues cca should be involved in but they to worried about their big banquets and fishing tournaments.
Really guys?

How many people would actually be a member of CCA without the STAR tournament? The STAR and banquets bring in new members and the banquets RAISE money for the cause, causes just like this. This issue has just recently gone 'viral' and they are probably trying to gain all the facts they can about the situation before taking a stance. Their is so much misinformation going on over the internet that no matter what stance they take, people will get upset with them.

This issue has already ran the gauntlet of placing the blame:

Its the oil companies fault, its the feds fault (especially Obama)
and now lets blame CCA, and must add that I mentioned Bobby Jindal in there too but that didn't seem to go over well.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

One Fact is the Oil Companies have zero to do with it. They follow regs and allocate money to remove a platform when its done.

Don't blame the oil
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Trophy Trout

oil companies can only do what the permit allows. but the oil companies could stand up to the feds and say we are not doing it that way. they can cut the pipe from the inside out without the explosion. i was in new orleans this weekend with the top from all majors and haliburton. they all said they have other ways they can do it, it is just that way is cheaper.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
oil companies can only do what the permit allows. but the oil companies could stand up to the feds and say we are not doing it that way. they can cut the pipe from the inside out without the explosion. i was in new orleans this weekend with the top from all majors and haliburton. they all said they have other ways they can do it, it is just that way is cheaper.
I actually agree with W, the oil companies are doing what they are required to do. And who wouldn't do something the cheapest way that gets the same end result = removal of the platform. There is blame being placed all over the place here and its crazy. There is a program in place for this very thing, its called Rigs to Reefs. Oil companies can donate the platforms for this. This fund has been raided by politicians in our very own state. If this had been the federal gov't that raided this fund there would be 5,000 threads about how Obama is killing all the red snapper inn order to feed crackheads on welfare or something along those lines. Its been headlined in many newspapers, Jindal is kinda in hot water over this, here is a link but there are many morehttp://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness...190320191.html
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Tripletail

All I was thinking when saying that was I wish the CCA would stand up with the state. I haven't been a member of the CCA since 1996. That organization seems to be more about the $ then the cause.

BROWN FIN
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I actually agree with W, the oil companies are doing what they are required to do. And who wouldn't do something the cheapest way that gets the same end result = removal of the platform. There is blame being placed all over the place here and its crazy. There is a program in place for this very thing, its called Rigs to Reefs. Oil companies can donate the platforms for this. This fund has been raided by politicians in our very own state. If this had been the federal gov't that raided this fund there would be 5,000 threads about how Obama is killing all the red snapper inn order to feed crackheads on welfare or something along those lines. Its been headlined in many newspapers, Jindal is kinda in hot water over this, here is a link but there are many morehttp://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness...190320191.html
Yeah I heard about that and I saw it on the agenda...hopefully they will be able to stop them from doing it any more. I would think the oil companies would have grounds for a suit since they are misappropriating the funds that were to be used specifically for the rigs to reefs program. An even worse scenario is that they would stop participating in the program altogether.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
One Fact is the Oil Companies have zero to do with it. They follow regs and allocate money to remove a platform when its done.

Don't blame the oil
Agreed.

BROWN FIN
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

The same explosions can't occur if a sea turtle is spotted. I don't know why they are more worried about one species more than the other. Before they blow the charges they have to fly around the structure for a certian amount of time with turtle watchers in helicopters. If a turtle is spotted they have to wait X amount of time before they can set the charges off. If another turtle is spotted shut down again.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

This article was from 2007...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Yeah I heard about that and I saw it on the agenda...hopefully they will be able to stop them from doing it any more. I would think the oil companies would have grounds for a suit since they are misappropriating the funds that were to be used specifically for the rigs to reefs program. An even worse scenario is that they would stop participating in the program altogether.
Yep, hopefully something will give. I posted a couple links in the other snapper thread and saw there was a job opening for a position dealing with the rigs to reefs program. Maybe the voices have been heard and this program will keep going forward. I thought I read somewhere there was a moratorium on platform removal as of now but I could be crazy
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Yep, hopefully something will give. I posted a couple links in the other snapper thread and saw there was a job opening for a position dealing with the rigs to reefs program. Maybe the voices have been heard and this program will keep going forward. I thought I read somewhere there was a moratorium on platform removal as of now but I could be crazy
Agree with the red, not sure about the green
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Agree with the red, not sure about the green

, I am not certified crazy yet
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Snapper vs Sea turtles are no way close

Just because snapper is a game fish people think there is a storage of them???
A
Snapper are like ants in the gulf and are more plentiful than almost all species in the Gulf

I live half my life offshore and see maybe 1-3 boats on weekends fishing and 1 out of 5 weekdays (maybe)

You don't see a ton of sea turtles but I have seen a lot over the years

You can not use explosives with in 10 miles of a sea turtle (I think)