SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I think school needs to go back to being schools and maybe the kids would learn something.
Teaching basics reading, writing, math, P.E., and throw in electives.
All parents need to be involved in their childs educations like in 1970's not just a few parents.
Cell phones need to stay out of school.
Kids need to learn to walk over and talk to their friends in person that are 50 ft away.

Kids need to learn how to win and lose and how to do better to win the next time.
I almost won regional science fair for breeding rabbits, but won kodak picture tells the story award. Had a good idea, but some people didn't like the sexual part of it even though I did it for an agricultural reason. I failed by not having enough rabbits that I bread to get an average birth rate of baby rabbits. I gave it a good fight and some judges came up to congraduate me after the event. I learned from my shortcomings getting more chickens to get average result to win next year breeding chickens.

I improved and won by learning from my shortcomings. That what we need to teach kids.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Flounder

Cash: 612

[SIZE=3]What most do not know is that zero tolerance breeds bullies. This is from many studies but people chose to ignore them. Back in the day when a kid got picked on enough either they fought back or normally a upstanding person would stand up for them. Now you do not see friends or peer leaders coming to the rescue due to zero tolerance. If you fight you are suspended. New thing they are trying is no kid gets expelled no matter the crime. Wait it is coming to a school near you. [/SIZE]
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Link to the studies? I am an educator and would definately like to read them.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Well yesterday was his first of three and guess what there was a fight. The two boys were taken away in handcuffs.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Why does he have to attend NP Moss? Is it some sort of alternative school now?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktrickster View Post
Why does he have to attend NP Moss? Is it some sort of alternative school now?
Yes I think they call it TLS???? three day suspension.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

If the other kid started it, go to his house and beat his dad's ***.
Tell him every time his kid gets your kid suspended, he will get an *** whuppin too.
Sooner or later the dad will stop his kid from hitting your kid.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
If the other kid started it, go to his house and beat his dad's ***.
Tell him every time his kid gets your kid suspended, he will get an *** whuppin too.
Sooner or later the dad will stop his kid from hitting your kid.
That may be the best answer I've gotten so far!

This was a first time problem " as of now" if it happens again that is going to be the next step I take!!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

Man, so many issues in schools, my kid was denied food today because the account was in default by a week. We turned in lunch money and the teacher had it, wife had to go to school tell them the teacher had it, and she had several checks, who knows how many kids also did without food.

At least I am a responsible parent, NOT collecting welfare and free school lunch and pay in a timely manner.

Got to love New Iberia Elementary Public Schools.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
Man, so many issues in schools, my kid was denied food today because the account was in default by a week. We turned in lunch money and the teacher had it, wife had to go to school tell them the teacher had it, and she had several checks, who knows how many kids also did without food.

At least I am a responsible parent, NOT collecting welfare and free school lunch and pay in a timely manner.

With all the tax money we pay and all the free loaders in this country there is no reason to deny any kid food in school even if they have to make a record to collect later
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post

I feel you bro it happens to us all the time!! We pay 3 months at a time and every now and then they call and say the boys have no funds in there account????

My youngest one doesn't eat everyday because of the BROWN RICE ACT so the wife makes him lunch, and we still get charged???

Next year I think private school is the answer...
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 740

Send him to a good strick Catholic school. I know around here they don't put up with any crap and the moral education is worth the price alone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ted View Post
Send him to a good strick Catholic school. I know around here they don't put up with any crap and the moral education is worth the price alone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I've had pros and cons around here gonna way our options...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

I did not give all the details, but to and 8 year old girl???? WOW

This occurred at Daspit Elementary, New Iberia, and Darla David, the Principle is in charge.

I will attempt to resolve this matter tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
I feel you bro it happens to us all the time!! We pay 3 months at a time and every now and then they call and say the boys have no funds in there account????

My youngest one doesn't eat everyday because of the BROWN RICE ACT so the wife makes him lunch, and we still get charged???

Next year I think private school is the answer...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Update on this...

Come to find out a canadian has been fn with my boy since last year. Taking cash and electronics. My son didn't want to get in trouble again ie: np moss, so he's put up with it and didn't let us know until tonight. The wife and I are going to the school in the morning to get to the bottom of this!

Is this not breeding BULLYING?? This kid is considerably bigger than my boy but he ain't scared. He just doesn't want to get kicked out of school.

What would be a reasonable responce from my Salty Cajun nation??

Thanks guys!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

Shove their liberal agenda up their azz....

No don't prob won't get you far....
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
Update on this...

Come to find out a canadian has been fn with my boy since last year. Taking cash and electronics. My son didn't want to get in trouble again ie: np moss, so he's put up with it and didn't let us know until tonight. The wife and I are going to the school in the morning to get to the bottom of this!

Is this not breeding BULLYING?? This kid is considerably bigger than my boy but he ain't scared. He just doesn't want to get kicked out of school.

What would be a reasonable responce from my Salty Cajun nation??

Thanks guys!
Whip his dads ***...if he knows him! In all reality, you have to teach your kids to stand on their own, win, lose or, draw. It may cost me 3-4 school districts some day but, its an expense I'm willing to absorb. The world will NOT wait on the passive.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

If i was defending myself ,dad always took me fishing on my 3 day holiday. If not i got an azz whuppin i couldn't fight my way out of.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

Go to the school board, if that doesnt help. Go to the kids parents. If that doesnt help either... Then i say use your imagination. A group of kids will do just about anything for $20.... Seen it happen plenty of times. But i would definitely try to be civil and handle it without violence, but some need to learn the hard way
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Kyocera Dealer

I'm with u guys that's what I want him to do!!!!beat the sh1t out of him and be DONE, that can't happen now. If he gets into another fight he's ( my son ) is kicked out! Fuc n RIDICULOUS!!!!!!