SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 19

Thanks all I was trying to do get the word out

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandboutdoors View Post
No I agree 100% on what your saying.I'm just trying to help a friend not start an argument on here.if you believe me then I'll gladly give you my address and let you meet the family personally and bring you to see the burnt house I have nothing to gain from this just trying to help them.so like I said we can sit here and talk about scams all day but that's not helping my friends. If you need proof it not a scam call me.that was my wife on the news with Sarah her name is Heidi bigner.go to wwl channel 4 news watch the story and then come to my house and meet her if you want 24204 redbird ln loranger la 70446. I know I'm new to this site but I figured it would help to get word out all over thanks .

not trying to call you a liar or a scammer, just defending what I saw as unfair criticism of a member preaching caution when dealing with posts like this.

I have no reason to believe you are not on the level but then we don't really know each other and you just joined this forum
Old 11-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

"does anyone know of a place that might be willing to help and maybe donate some new hunting stuff to Bryan so he can have a chance to hunt this year"

Wait...let me get this straight. A friend of yours-his family is in distress, and you're concerned about somebody donating guns so he can make hunting trips now? You can't be serious. In my book, when families are in distress after losing their home, I would think food, clothing, lodging etc. is the type of things your friend would be worried about. I really couldn't care less wether he hunts this year or not. He has more substantial things to worry about.

I've got an idea...why don't YOU donate your guns to him? You can hunt next year.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
you missed the whole point of his post, as did the rest of you.

afraid you got it mixed up, i stated that i agreed with mathgeek on checking up on what your plan on donating to, to make sure it is legit, i was simply questioning his statement on what he said about the mans kids, mathgeek may not have meant it the way it came across but that is why i questioned it
Old 11-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Sand Trout

You know what this is my last post about the matter at hand.I been working my but off for 3 days picking up donations and clothing and stuff for my friends and for your info he's staying at my house and during my guns.there getting plentey of all the other stuff they need. This is a sportsmen site I thought a true sportsman would understand what I was trying to do but no y'all wanna act like a child and the ones posting this crap probably wouldn't help anyway.I just wanted to do something nice for the man of the house who works his *** off but no y'all got to turn it into something dumb.maybe I did pick the wrong site for help. Sorry I tried I'll try something else thanks have a blessed day.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandboutdoors View Post
You know what this is my last post about the matter at hand.I been working my but off for 3 days picking up donations and clothing and stuff for my friends and for your info he's staying at my house and during my guns.there getting plentey of all the other stuff they need. This is a sportsmen site I thought a true sportsman would understand what I was trying to do but no y'all wanna act like a child and the ones posting this crap probably wouldn't help anyway.I just wanted to do something nice for the man of the house who works his *** off but no y'all got to turn it into something dumb.maybe I did pick the wrong site for help. Sorry I tried I'll try something else thanks have a blessed day.

so you post asking for help for a family in need and now you say they have a place to stay and have everything they need so make up your mind.

then you post to say you understand the post questioning the misinformation but then turn around and cop an attitude about it.

why the contradictions and attitude if you are sincerely looking to help this family? no need to get your panties in a bunch if this was a honest request seeking help?

im sure there are guys here with the means to share some of their good fortune and help out a guy who is worthy of it.

it sounds like the guy is a good guy and could use some help and I am sure he will get some help from members here but your attitude about it isn't helpful in those efforts.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Wow...... What just happened here? My sincerest condolences to your friend and his family. Renters insurance is your friend..... I hope they make it through this alright.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Tripletail

I don't have a problem with him helping his friend by asking for donations. What I have a problem with is the type of donations he asks for. Not just asking for any hunting equipment, the request was for "new" hunting equipment. Like I said before, loan him your hunting equipment for the rest of the season, and that problem is covered.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Sand Trout

I'm sorry if I got an attitude it's been a long week. I didn't mean the hunting stuff had to be new this all started with a question that never got answered and I said they had plenty of clothing Now but they can use everything else I apologize if that things got taken out of text.and the do have a place to stay for now but it's not the same as home.and of course Bryan more than welcome to use my hunting stuff not even a question.but not the same as having your own. That's all I was trying to do.sorry again and all donations are welcomed thanks..

Old 11-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Sand Trout

And everyone on here had some good points about things.you know when lose everything you want to try and return to as normal as life as you can as fast as possible for the kids I and of course I know other things come before hunting. Just trying to give him something good to think about and do something good for him.wouldn't you want to do the same for your best friend it's just hard to see him go through all this.I have no problem with no one on here guys or gals.I'm sure y'all would do the same for your friends.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Tripletail

OK, I'm gonna assume you're a good guy, and you just asked for something that you shouldn't have.
TIP: when someone's life is turned upside down, ask for necessities(things people temporarily require to live a normal life). Critical things needed to get their lives back on track-NOT frills. Those people don't need hunting supplies, fishing lures, Saints tickets etc. You get the point.