SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
With my arm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Yes
Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Ok, so how can YOU tell he's in a straight line all the way to the 400 yard mark if YOU can't see him? You assume he is cause he brings the bird back 5-10 minutes later? And that's if he's downwind. He must NEVER lose a bird. I know the marsh you hunt. It's the same vegetation I hunt in. I had a robot dog trained by a very good individual, and mine still lost a bird every now and then.
No you are going to follow him to see. I have never said he hasn't lost a bird at all anywhere
Old 12-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

Do disrespect intended DD like I said before I have no experience with dogs retrieving ducks, but a slingshot can't launch an oblong rock more than four hundred get and that's stretching it I'm sure. Even if it could then chances of you hitting within twenty feet if the line where you think it is in let's say 15 mph winds are slim. If you would hit within 15 feet of the line you think the bird is at when you project the line another 800 ft that's gonna be off a good bit. Not to mention where the dog thinks it heard the rock hit with the winds taken in mind because sounds carry in the wind. Again not saying your dog doesn't do complete the task. It just sounds ridiculous to think of a dog traveling 400 Yds in a straight line. How long does a retrieve of this kind take, granted I know each one is unique assuming it's happened multiple times?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

"No" at the beginning hahaha
Old 12-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
No you are going to follow him to see. I have never said he hasn't lost a bird at all anywhere
Why am I gonna follow him??? You're the one that is beyond sure of his capabilities to run a "blind."
Old 12-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

How does one become a professional dog trainer ???
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Swordfish

Not happening
Old 12-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Why am I gonna follow him??? You're the one that is beyond sure of his capabilities to run a "blind."
That's the key to the 400 yard no whistle blind. U gotta walk him there on a leash then hunt em up!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
You coming with your dog and money too
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
That's the key to the 400 yard no whistle blind. U gotta walk him there on a leash then hunt em up!
Then toss the rock in the direction of the canard?!?!?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

They take money to complete the job which way different than just buying a dog and letting him train himself like the rock dog you have had the pleasur of hunting over with your butt buddy in lake R Tur on occasion when he didn't have any sports to show his skillz to in the marsh he is allowed to hunt in because he can't find any other means to make the chedda "an" cut his dog lip in Da grass an shoot da geese in da aftanoon an eat a biscuit on da tail gate wit butta an jelly when it cold or hot an der no key aron to c da love tween a dog an it owna in da natru of da open marsh an it is a butiful tang an errybody jus don't understan how much of an idiot he is
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
You coming with your dog and money too
Nah, I had to put my "robot" dog down the Tuesday before thanksgiving. I damn sure would have though. It just puzzles the hell out of me how you think this is even possible!!!!! Not once did you take into considerations of wind, cloud cover or angle of the sun, etc... I would have gladly stopped by your marsh on the way home to witness this.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Nah, I had to put my "robot" dog down the Tuesday before thanksgiving. I damn sure would have though. It just puzzles the hell out of me how you think this is even possible!!!!! Not once did you take into considerations of wind, cloud cover or angle of the sun, etc... I would have gladly stopped by your marsh on the way home to witness this.
I am sorry about your dog, I have put down a few and it sucks
Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Swordfish

Once the dog gets 400 yards out, over the river and through the woods, who casts him back in line with the blind?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
I am sorry about your dog, I have put down a few and it sucks
Thank you. First one I've had to do it too. He was 10 and hunted 9 seasons. Picked up over 5,000 birds.
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
You'd need a farking drone to follow that plug through the marsh. Double d I c k has no ertly idea where ole Roy is in dat marsh after he runs dat bline.
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
They take money to complete the job which way different than just buying a dog and letting him train himself like the rock dog you have had the pleasur of hunting over with your butt buddy in lake R Tur on occasion when he didn't have any sports to show his skillz to in the marsh he is allowed to hunt in because he can't find any other means to make the chedda "an" cut his dog lip in Da grass an shoot da geese in da aftanoon an eat a biscuit on da tail gate wit butta an jelly when it cold or hot an der no key aron to c da love tween a dog an it owna in da natru of da open marsh an it is a butiful tang an errybody jus don't understan how much of an idiot he is
I hear your smack and I am still waiting for the pm for what time. Oh by the way I just brought him in the house so he gets a good nights rest and stays warm
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

I'm sorry to intterupt but this is all I could think of...I giggled...

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You'd need a farking drone to follow that plug through the marsh. Double d I c k has no ertly idea where ole Roy is in dat marsh after he runs dat bline.
You gotta follow him make sure he stays straight!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Thank you. First one I've had to do it too. He was 10 and hunted 9 seasons. Picked up over 5,000 birds.
My first was a pointer that my dad gave me at 10yrs old. he was 8yrs old when he made him my dog and lost him 3 yrs later. That was a rough one to lose