SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Rand Paul who is libertarian leaning would have my vote. If not, it's whoever is running libertarian.

I really do find it hilarious that many of you think things will change with a republican in office. Nothing will change.
You are wise beyond your years
Old 06-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
I hate to say it but I have lost all faith in our government and most of society. If it were not for my kids I would sell most of what I own and head to Costa Rica.
and i would be right behind you . We alredy have a real estate agent there
Old 06-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Yep open a Tiki bar on the beach and overcharge tourists
Duck a tiki bar. Cash in 401k, personal investments, sell rental properties, house, boats, personal property and live a good life.
You can live a hell of a life with minimal expense. If you get away from the tourist traps it don't cost crap to live there. I know a few people that have retired at a very early age and live there.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
You are wise beyond your years
Very true the problem, most people have no idea what their government is doing to them or what the candidates stand for. unfortunately they will never vote outside of a democrat of republican ticket and we will never have a president that is an independent candidate. I don't remember the last time I voted for a mainstream candidate. Unfortunately I know my candidate will not win the election. I just refuse to vote for the TOOLS we have running.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
Very true the problem most people have no idea what their government is doing to them or what the candidates stand for. unfortunately they will never vote outside of a democrat of republican ticket and we will never have a president that is an independent candidate.
I think those that have held their noses the last 12 years have given one too many chances for the Repubs to show their stuff, well they did but not as advertised. I don't think I'm the only one ready to bolt!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Redfish

Cash: 810

Well I like Bobby but I too have my doubts about him being in the top office. I would vote for him against any of the declared Dem candidates. I agree that I have held my nose voting for the establishment GOP candidate but we have to get away from the far left dems. If we stick together and get rid of the far left liberal then we can focus of moving further to the right. If we all write in a good candidate then we waste our vote and that is a good as voting for the far left liberal. As of now I do not support any one. I am leaning toward Perry simply because people I respect are endorsing him. We have to stick together and get rid of the far left. With that being said I have not seen any dem I would vote for over Bobby. So in that situation I too would vote for him.

We have to unite for a more right candidate!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Rand Paul who is libertarian leaning would have my vote. If not, it's whoever is running libertarian.

I really do find it hilarious that many of you think things will change with a republican in office. Nothing will change.
I like Rand but not pperfect. Never will be the perfect candidate though. I don't trust or like any of them on either side. Dem, Rep or Lib.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I like Rand but not pperfect. Never will be the perfect candidate though. I don't trust or like any of them on either side. Dem, Rep or Lib.

Amen!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_snipe View Post
Well I like Bobby but I too have my doubts about him being in the top office. I would vote for him against any of the declared Dem candidates. I agree that I have held my nose voting for the establishment GOP candidate but we have to get away from the far left dems. If we stick together and get rid of the far left liberal then we can focus of moving further to the right. If we all write in a good candidate then we waste our vote and that is a good as voting for the far left liberal. As of now I do not support any one. I am leaning toward Perry simply because people I respect are endorsing him. We have to stick together and get rid of the far left. With that being said I have not seen any dem I would vote for over Bobby. So in that situation I too would vote for him.

We have to unite for a more right candidate!
With all due respect sir, holding the line expecting to see a difference and bring the country back from destruction, is what we have been trying. The house and senate is owned by the republicans, and they are giving this traitor of a president everything he wants. These guys like Beiner, McConnel, and their minions are just as much of a traitor to this great country as the POTUS and all deserve the harshest penalties that is due to a traitor. I do not see any advantage of holding the line any more. What is the difference when we get republicans who once in power act like democrats. I hear what you are saying, but I'm 52 and I'm done towing the line only to be deflated. I will say so far, I would maybe vote for Perry, Cruz, Paul, maybe Kasich (ms?). I'm going to keep abreast to what they say and do. But if it is Christi, Bush, Jendal, sorry, I'm not holding my nose one more time.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
All about the money.

I do like the idea of Rand's flat tax. Have only read into it a little bit, but I like it.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:13 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
With all due respect sir, holding the line expecting to see a difference and bring the country back from destruction, is what we have been trying. The house and senate is owned by the republicans, and they are giving this traitor of a president everything he wants. These guys like Beiner, McConnel, and their minions are just as much of a traitor to this great country as the POTUS and all deserve the harshest penalties that is due to a traitor. I do not see any advantage of holding the line any more. What is the difference when we get republicans who once in power act like democrats. I hear what you are saying, but I'm 52 and I'm done towing the line only to be deflated. I will say so far, I would maybe vote for Perry, Cruz, Paul, maybe Kasich (ms?). I'm going to keep abreast to what they say and do. But if it is Christi, Bush, Jendal, sorry, I'm not holding my nose one more time.

Thank you for saying all due respect but none is needed. what is needed is getting the FAR left DEMS out. I do not support holding the party line. I'm an independent and will always be one. But if we don't unite behind the candidate that is right of the FAR LEFT DEM we in effect support said DEM. We are so far left and wrong as a country that I (my opinion, and we know what they are) we have to take moving back right in steps. My opinion is the first step is get the liberal left out of power.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:
..... I don't trust or like any of them on either side. Dem, Rep or Lib.
Yup ! I m with you on that one !!!
Old 06-24-2015, 10:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I like Jindal, Perry, Huckabee, and Walker.

Huckabee is the most articulate, Jindal is the smartest, Perry is likely the best leader, and Walker is the most electable.

There are 8+ months before the LA primary, but one of these will most likely get my vote.

I'd certainly vote for any of them over Hillary in the general election.

If Christie gets the Rep nomination, I'll vote third party.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:13 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

all politicians value is power and money, that's including Bobby Jindal! I'd vote for him over any democrat. I don't think he has a chance, I think he may become a VP nominee. I think he will be in the same category as rand paul someone who is really smart and belongs in the office but will never get there. I hate how recently the executive order that he made, lost him popularity with media and liberal companies in the state. that executive order protects our religious freedom. What really bothers me is how the majority of people fall for the ideas what is learned in liberal colleges and media. Our nation really needs God more than any politician.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:43 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I like Jindal, Perry, Huckabee, and Walker.

Huckabee is the most articulate, Jindal is the smartest, Perry is likely the best leader, and Walker is the most electable.

I agree except for the Scott Walker comment.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:58 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I think the whole process has already been decided. Bush vs Clinton hope i'm wrong.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:01 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
I agree except for the Scott Walker comment.
Yep Scott walker just like bobby jindal isn't the great leader rush and hannity will have you believe. He isn't well liked in his state even by republicans. Just like Jindal. Hannity thinks both of these guys hung the moon
Old 06-25-2015, 06:39 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Thank you for saying all due respect but none is needed. what is needed is getting the FAR left DEMS out. I do not support holding the party line. I'm an independent and will always be one. But if we don't unite behind the candidate that is right of the FAR LEFT DEM we in effect support said DEM. We are so far left and wrong as a country that I (my opinion, and we know what they are) we have to take moving back right in steps. My opinion is the first step is get the liberal left out of power.
I began my comment in that manner, because I do highly respect your view. I've held the same view my adult life. I voted Bush twice and his second term he turned left. I just don't believe if we have Christi or Bush in office that the country will take back what was lost and that they'll still let federal judges make law and most probably be conciliatory to the democrats and offer "moderate" Supreme Court justices who in actuality will vote liberal. I guess the only thing I see different is a fast bleed or slow bleed, but bleeding none the less. Lets all hope for a great candidate that can beat Hilary. But I too think the fix is in for Clinton-Bush. I've become very untrusting and cynical.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

If republicans keep rolling out this clown car of candidates you guys better get use to President HillRod
Old 06-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
and i would be right behind you . We alredy have a real estate agent there
Everything will change. Jindal hates Obama. He already has written plans on how to get rid of Obama care and common core education. If you followed Jindal and his policies over the years, you would know this. He's the best candidate if you're looking to get rid of all the Scars Hussein obama hAs left on this country.