SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 504
Default Grand Isle trip?

Have been planning a three day trip to GI for weeks, was planning on goin wednesday thru friday. I'm wonderin how much Invest 91-L will impact my trip. Or should I just reschedule? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

7 - 12 foot seas from just off shore to 80 miles out right now. If it was me i would reschedule unless you want to just sit and drink beer.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

High tides are already 2' above normal, water is dirty.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 700

End of week looks nice
South winds 5-10 and seas 1 ft
By friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969

Wave model shows a rapid decrease starting Wednesday. It should be much calmer later into Thursday, and especially Friday. I'm sure it'll still be quite dirty, but I'll be hitting the surf near Holly Beach Saturday for some bulls. Water clarity won't really matter for those!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Flounder

Well I do plan on goin in a kayak, so if nothing else i can just get in the marsh on LA 1 and redfish, which is what i mostly do anyway. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Flounder

btw what wave model/forecast are ya'll lookin at?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

The water along hwy 1 has been clean in the afternoons on the falling tide
Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg84 View Post
btw what wave model/forecast are ya'll lookin at?
I have found NOAA to be pretty accurate.

you can access it by clicking on "Weather/Tides/Launches" tab at the top of Salty Cajun site then clicking on "NOAA Marine Forecast by Zone" link. Once there click on the map and then click on the zone you are looking for.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959

We're in Grand Isle now. Waves are unreal on the beach. Had surfers trying them out yesterday and today. Rough in the bay too - especially this afternoon. We've only had a light shower since Friday when we got here. Getting some hard rain right now. We were still able to get on some good size trout yesterday and today but really had to work for them. Majority on live shrimp.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Flounder

thanks for all the info!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Heard one guide say that if he didn't have a charter scheduled for today, he wouldn't be going out. He said to go north until you find clean water. We stayed closer in since we we're having motor problems.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetaline View Post
Heard one guide say that if he didn't have a charter scheduled for today, he wouldn't be going out. He said to go north until you find clean water. We stayed closer in since we we're having motor problems.
where have you been fishing out of? My boat is in Fourchon right now, due to trailer issues, we caught some nice trout on Sat. Took the day off for the wind yesterday and was running errands to get the trailer back up today. Gonna get after em tomorrow
Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969

This is great wave model that goes out just over one week. Remember, it's just a model forecast, and not a sure bet. It's good for a general idea, and updates every 6 hours.

http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/vie...-multi_1-gmex-
Old 06-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Trophy Trout

We're fishing out of the west side. Staying at Bridgeside. Just find some protected water on the bayside and they seem to be hanging out on the points where you're getting a good flow past it. The tidal range was really good yesterday and today. Best times were between 12:00pm-3:00pm.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Forgot to let ya'll know that you can't fish from the rocks on the west side anymore. It is a posted no trespassing area now. You can't walk on the levee or go to the beach near the rocks on that end. It starts from the beach area near the middle of Bridgeside. A large sign is posted on the levee. Police came Sunday to chase a lot of people out of that area. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Forgot to let ya'll know that you can't fish from the rocks on the west side anymore. It is a posted no trespassing area now. You can't walk on the levee or go to the beach near the rocks on that end. It starts from the beach area near the middle of Bridgeside. A large sign is posted on the levee. Police came Sunday to chase a lot of people out of that area. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
That's too bad. That was a really good spot for fishing. We noticed the signs last time and started fishing the E end of Elmer's instead. It has many of the same locational benetfits, but is more likely to be looking into a head wind and more wave action.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
I wonder how this affects people that have camps WEST of the Bridgeside camper area? My company has the blue roof camp that is the westernmost camp on Grand Isle. We are going July 3rd - July 9th. Does this mean I can't walk out of our camp onto the levee? WHO has this area restricted?

Seems to me that nobody "owns" the beach.
If you have a camp on the beach you can't stop people from walking down the beach in front of your camp can you?
Old 06-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Trophy Trout

The sign says that the part of the beach past the sign is now part of "Grand Isle Park West". It also says , "No Public Access. Violators will be prosecuted". We're staying at one of Bridgeside's beachfront camps next to your camp. I know what you mean about not being able to use the beach right in front of your camp!! Had to go down a ways to the east to use the beach.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
The sign says that the part of the beach past the sign is now part of "Grand Isle Park West". It also says , "No Public Access. Violators will be prosecuted". We're staying at one of Bridgeside's beachfront camps next to your camp. I know what you mean about not being able to use the beach right in front of your camp!! Had to go down a ways to the east to use the beach.
"No Public Access" might be the loophole...

If i access it through private property maybe I am OK... hahaha