SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525
Default Advice about Hunting Glasses with camera

Any opinions/brands/suggestions about hunting glasses that have a camera built in? Thinking of either getting some or maybe even just a field cam for hunting. Any opinions welcome, Thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

I have the i-kam Xtreme. Haven't got to hunt with them but have been fishing with them and they work great. The only thing to get used to is not moving your eyes too much to look around because you will miss a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1313462985697.jpg (55.7 KB, 240 views)
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

I have the same thing... My biggest problem is they hurt my head. Can't wear em for too too long
Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
I have the same thing... My biggest problem is they hurt my head. Can't wear em for too too long
Same thing....a bit tight but thats ok with me cause I know they are not going anywhere when/if I turn my head real fast.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

I've been looking into getting one of these. http://gopro.com/ Mike Ichanelli (spelling) used one to tape a whole show after his main equipment got wet. Heard nothing but good about them. Don't know if its what your looking for but......
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: 718

Does that I Kam take good video??? How to activate it, there must be a button to start/stop the video....
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Does that I Kam take good video??? How to activate it, there must be a button to start/stop the video....
I was thinking of the same question??? Also what about wet conditions? I am hearing that they cannot even stand up against dew in the air, any experience with that since hunting is not usually done in the best conditions?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Thanks for the input so far!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Sailfish

Of course it has on/off and start/stop buttons. It also has a spot for memory card and usb plug. The video is good but its not HD at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1313505859310.jpg (47.9 KB, 177 views)
Old 08-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Sailfish

I have had them on 2 or 3 times this summer when it was wet in the morning. As far as bad conditions go, I wouldn't bring any camera out in the rain....
Old 08-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 901

I'm looking at them too but have been reluctant because the camera is only 2mp. I watched some videos on Youtube from the glasses and the quality in the hunting videos sucked. Marsh, are yours higher than 2mp?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

i got one of the kodak zx3 playsport cams.. its really great so far.. nice and compact, about the size of a cell phone, 5mp still cam, shoots great video in standard, 720 30fps, 720p/60fps and 1080p/30fps. its also waterproof.. i dunked it a few times and it worked great. i had to get an extra battery -$7 online, and a big class6 memory card about $40 i think it cost. it runs about 90 mins on a charge set when to hd. also has a mini-hdmi port that i can plug right into my hd flat screen tv and watch my movies in hd. nice lil unit for under $150.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks all....exactly the kind of info I need to make a educated choice. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabite View Post
I've been looking into getting one of these. http://gopro.com/ Mike Ichanelli (spelling) used one to tape a whole show after his main equipment got wet. Heard nothing but good about them. Don't know if its what your looking for but......
gopro is a beast...have seen many hd videos from go pro, and i believe they come with different mounts/attachments...not a glasses one tho...very durable..
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

go with the go pro hd. i got one during last hunting season and i have the head mount. works really well and is totally waterproof. the kodax zx3 works well too. if you bow hunt they have mounts to attach to the stabilizer. thing to remember is these cameras are digital and have no optical zoom. the kodak has digital zoom but gets kind of grainy at longer distances. i have some video i will post of the gopro hd.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
i got one of the kodak zx3 playsport cams.. its really great so far.. nice and compact, about the size of a cell phone, 5mp still cam, shoots great video in standard, 720 30fps, 720p/60fps and 1080p/30fps. its also waterproof.. i dunked it a few times and it worked great. i had to get an extra battery -$7 online, and a big class6 memory card about $40 i think it cost. it runs about 90 mins on a charge set when to hd. also has a mini-hdmi port that i can plug right into my hd flat screen tv and watch my movies in hd. nice lil unit for under $150.

Amazon.com: Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Black): Camera & Photo
This is what I plan on getting to mount to my bow
Old 08-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 647

I've used the iKam and the quality if good. I videoed the Bowie Outfitters Big Buck contest last year. It was a 45 minutes worth. It can be finicky some times, but for the price, I think it's a good buy. They are supposedly been bought out and improvements have been made. Here a link from the Bowie's clip, http://thedeercamp.ning.com/video/ik...fitters-clip-1
Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Thanks Bubba for the info
Old 08-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 680

I have an iKam and have used it several times in the blind. I have found a few things that I dislike about them. Wind noise can be overwhelming, it needs a zoom (ducks can only be seen inside 30 yrds), it only has 2 hrs of recording time so it is hard to record continuously, too difficult to turn recorder on when birds are working (long delay) and the worst part is there is no memory chip. Without a chip the glasses must be hooked to a computer to clear the memory. Also, you may not realize how much you move your head in the blind. It almost makes you seasick when you watch it! Lol
Old 08-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducedux View Post
I have an iKam and have used it several times in the blind. I have found a few things that I dislike about them. Wind noise can be overwhelming, it needs a zoom (ducks can only be seen inside 30 yrds), it only has 2 hrs of recording time so it is hard to record continuously, too difficult to turn recorder on when birds are working (long delay) and the worst part is there is no memory chip. Without a chip the glasses must be hooked to a computer to clear the memory. Also, you may not realize how much you move your head in the blind. It almost makes you seasick when you watch it! Lol
Mine have a spot for a memory card. I will agree about the wind, it can be very overwhelming.