SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,783
Default houston river 3/12

had a relaxing morning with my brother whose in on leave from the marine core and was dieing to set the hook on something even if its as small as this one we only caught 3 but still had a good time besides getting soaked the water is beautiful on the houston river didnt seem to be outrageously high but im not real familiar with the area there it did have a steady current and water was running from every cut

met a member of SC while we were out there who also got soaked he found out first hand rain gear dont keep you dry when its left in the truck but didnt seem to slow him dowm anyway its a small world
Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Tripletail

hope the pic attached this time im computer illiterate
Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Tripletail

3rd try
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacobs fish.jpg (4.7 KB, 209 views)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.e.hagen View Post
had a relaxing morning with my brother whose in on leave from the marine core and was dieing to set the hook on something even if its as small as this one we only caught 3 but still had a good time besides getting soaked the water is beautiful on the houston river didnt seem to be outrageously high but im not real familiar with the area there it did have a steady current and water was running from every cut

met a member of SC while we were out there who also got soaked he found out first hand rain gear dont keep you dry when its left in the truck but didnt seem to slow him dowm anyway its a small world
Hagen it didnt get any better. I even went so far as using live worms. Pulled 2 bream out of the water but each were to small to fit the hook in their mouth and fell off before I could get them in the boat. Had a few bumps on plastics. Still better than sitting home or working. I am going to launch at old 171 launch tomorrow. I am going to try the West Fork and Calcasieu.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Looks like that came out of a Vlassic jar labeled kosher dills
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Tripletail

i know the feeling sautee and beleive me you aint the only one who doesnt go catch a limit everytime you hit the water i just like getting out the house and enjoying the outdoors especially with my brother who i dont get to see often.

mcnabb your just jealous because you were sittin behind a desk instead of spending time the way it was meant to be spent
Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

Looks like a change of plans river is rising going to west fork tomorrow calcasieu is flooding.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.e.hagen View Post

despite what some on here say, no one limits out every time they go.. thanks for the real report.

you have the right attitude - getting out, having fun with family and friends is what it's about!

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.” Henry David Thoreau. sounds like you already have this figured out.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
despite what some on here say, no one limits out every time they go.. thanks for the real report.

you have the right attitude - getting out, having fun with family and friends is what it's about!

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.” Henry David Thoreau. sounds like you already have this figured out.

X2 !!! Good one there

Hydro
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post

X3
Thoreau fare day
But vlasic is classic
Go get u sum