SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 663
Default Last Minute Advice?

Hi All,

I got some shrimp today and I'm fixing to take my little portable boat and drop it in at Calcasieu Point.

I'm pretty fuzzy about what I'm supposed to do after that. Are there spots close to that where I can fish or are the spots far away? Should I even be using dead shrimp or should plastics be the thing I try with?

Do I just let them drift around or am I supposed to be twitching them to make them look alive?

I am hoping to catch at least 1 "real" fish while I am here in LC so I appreciate any advice. Every night my wife asks if I am catching any thing and I have to tell her I am getting skunked. I did catch a small Croaker and a crab was holding onto my bait once but he let it go when he saw me on the shore.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2Calcasieu View Post
Hi All,

I got some shrimp today and I'm fixing to take my little portable boat and drop it in at Calcasieu Point.

I'm pretty fuzzy about what I'm supposed to do after that. Are there spots close to that where I can fish or are the spots far away? Should I even be using dead shrimp or should plastics be the thing I try with?

Do I just let them drift around or am I supposed to be twitching them to make them look alive?

I am hoping to catch at least 1 "real" fish while I am here in LC so I appreciate any advice. Every night my wife asks if I am catching any thing and I have to tell her I am getting skunked. I did catch a small Croaker and a crab was holding onto my bait once but he let it go when he saw me on the shore.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Go to Prien!!!! Much more small boat friendly and water is beautiful and there are fish there. Get you one of the maps of the area and they will tell you where to fish
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 991

Fish along the rocks/bank. Put your shrimp under a popping cork about 2-3 feet below it with a lead split shot and hook or a lead jighead. Every fish in big lake will eat a shrimp. You can just let it sit or pop it every now and then. Something will hit it.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Sand Trout

OK Done! I will give it a shot. Thanks guys!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

There's always someone on here needin to fill a spot in der boat. Hook up wit one of dem and catch u a real fish. Myself I am boatless at da moment. I caught some small trout yesterday in prien on plastics. When are you leavin da area?
Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Sand Trout

Thanks for the help guys! Caught a few littles, and one big one that I got to the boat and the knot failed. Grrrrr! Lesson learned. Thanks to you all and Longcast for the great advice. Now I know where the real fish can be got at and a little bit of "how"!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

I'm gonna get off work about 1. I will give u a call and see if we can't go catch a few.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

good to see they put you on em... thats what i love about this site. good people trying to help each other out.