SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843
Headknocker Billystix Rod Repair

I guess this is more of a question for Billy, But I figured I would make a thread just in case anybody else has the same questions.

Can the rods be sent back to you in case the guides get bent up or become loose? Or if I want to get the guides upgraded to titanium?

The reason I ask is because i simply forgot to ask for the titanium guides when I ordered my rod. How much would it be to get the titanium guides installed if this is even an option.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 PM
King Mackeral

Also, Billy and the owner(s) of this site should make a special edition "Salty Cajun" series rod.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662

yes
i do custom repairs and most times it only takes a couple days but hat depends on what you are going to have done, like in your case i cant tell you much about cost at this point because i dont have you listed in my records as bayslayer so i cant look you up to see what you built for.
it might be best to consider a new rod but i want know this until i look you up to see.
i will have to strip your current guides off , then totally rewrap new guides on pas on labor and guide cost now not saying that it would be like this but you might be just as well of to keep the rod you have and call me and jew me down to a price that you can live with.
just a thought.example i just completed a total reguide for a local fellow on a grouper rod and by the time he paid strip labor and rewrap labor plus new guides he was only $60 dollars short of just ordering a new spiral grouper rod asnd throwing the other one in the trash he fished it 6 years.
but he liked it and wanted it reguided to titanium.

stix
Old 09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
King Mackeral

BaySlayer=John Bergeron

Good it gives me a good reason to by a new pole!!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
*****Cajun *******

i already have a salty cajun series line of rods i have the decals in the works as we speak i will add them to any ones rod that ask , but i must get them first and believe me this is not a social gathering to get decals made . yes you can get decal's made but remember you need them small.
shad man has his rods with salty cajun decals it want be long.
now let me say this most times i may not even charge you for guide repairs or replacement unless it's a lot if its say one or 2 no big deal because you are going to have enough out of pocket for ship so i am not going to hang $20 more on you for a couple guides remember my theroy and you cant go wrong "billystix custom rod customer service" i said that day one and it's still true, just like said when i came on board i am here to stay.
stix
Old 09-26-2009, 07:44 PM
King Mackeral

Sounds good
Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM
*****Cajun *******

Default billystix rod repair

john
i just looked your rod up, you recieved a very-very-very- good price on your rod there would be no way if i were you i would go that route and then pay postage.
but you cant get that same price on a new rod either its going to be a bit more, what you need do is get a fishing partner and you 2 go together save on postage and lets you and i talk, i have over 300 rods coming some time in the near future say by mid 2015 the way they fiddle around but when i get them i am going to be "billystix poor" but it want take long to move them if i can just get the people in cajun country to give them a fair shot, the one thing that i have found is that you guys so far have given me is good feed back, nothing that i can put to print but none the less good feed back the same so i feel in 6 months i will have a good following, i have a fellow that i am fishing for and i want rest easy until i have his feed back , he knows whom i speak, i t will be just a matter of time.