SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,467
Default Looking to do more saltwater fishing

What's the best place to launch around vermillion bay for a small boat. All I have is an old 16' bass tracker with a 40. I'm not looking to go into the bay or anything. I have launched at dons on the Boston canal. Do you guys thing it would be better to go to intercostal city or down to the pointe? Looking for a place that has more options.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

you can launch in Delcambre.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcckc2002 View Post
What's the best place to launch around vermillion bay for a small boat. All I have is an old 16' bass tracker with a 40. I'm not looking to go into the bay or anything. I have launched at dons on the Boston canal. Do you guys thing it would be better to go to intercostal city or down to the pointe? Looking for a place that has more options.
Bayou Patout is perfect for your boat, you can hit weeks bay and all in sharks bayou.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcckc2002 View Post
The bay is just like a big lake, gotta pick your days. Fish it out of a 15' w a 25hp no problem. The point has plenty of options for fishing sheltered waters
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 542

i think it would be worth the drive to ICY or the point. Just watch the weather and you will be fine heading out into the bay. ICY is a little better protected on windy days in my opionion, you can fish the mouths of various canals and the burms in the lil bay, they hold plenty of fish and most people pass right on by and pay them no mind. I have not fished out of the point much so not much help on that side.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default gas

do you have a 6 or a 12 gallon gas tank in your boat, if you have a 12 you can run from the boston south to the shan, and then the avery(delcambre), it isn't a far drive down the intracoastal canal, and the port canal is only 5miles from there, and from the port canal you have full access to all of weeks bay, mud point, shark bayou, i run the same setup as you but the xpress version, there are plenty of options to fish that area, without having to worry to much about the wind, south west winds the bay around the boston and shan are protected, south east winds, weeks bay is protected by the point and shark island and mud point, can't help you with i.c. though, only been there once, that is a looooong boat ride from avery, didn't fish much just wanted to make the ride to check it out
Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Flounder

Cash: 628

If you decide on going out of the Boston or ICY you can fish little bay which is only a couple of miles from the ICY boat landing. Your boat would be perfect for that area becasue the water is shallow.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Trophy Trout

I have a 12 gallon tank in my boat. The run isn't bad just rather put in closer than drive the boat there. I have never been to the point before and only to intercostal once for a job. The salt water is kinda new to me. I grew up in BR without a boat. So I fished where people would take me.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default ramp

well patout bayou is a good one with access to weeks bay but bring a gps with you cause it doesnt take much to get turned the wrong way through them bayous, the port canal is pretty much a straight run out after making that first left, only have to watch coming back in where the bayou splits stay to the right, the launch at the point puts you right in the middle of everything, but there you have to watch the wind, it is a short ride into shark bayou, but it is a rough ride if the winds are elevated, good fishing east of the point, but the winds will make it rough getting around the point sometimes, there is a boat ramp at the port of st. mary that you have to pay to launch, that will give you access to the east side of the point around cote blanche bay and other areas, vermillion bay has lots of options but it takes some exploring, and it can be easily discouraging you will be more unsuccesful than you will be succesful, but when its on its worth it
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks for the input. I don't get to go often, so this info helps.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

how's Fearman Lake and the Hell Hole area?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUlefty View Post
how's Fearman Lake and the Hell Hole area?
Good but watch the tides close. Don't be in the hell hole at the end of a falling tide unless you wanna hang out there a while. Fearman can get pretty shallow too.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Thanks for the advice. Is that normally late afternoon/ early evening?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Great White

It changes from week to week there are numerous tide guides online, also live tide sites