SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189
Default Living in Baytown TX

Moving there for work till February going to the Bayer plant will be doing inspection work....so I need to know all I need to know about living in Baytown...what's there to do and where to go and of course where to fish being its so close to Galveston??? Also need to know if anyone knows of any good deals on hotels with full kitchens or furnished apartments in the area for good deals??? Is this a ok place?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,196

Close to EastBay for fishing and Anahuac (spelling) for duck hunting. Trashy part of Houston.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Probably get more input postin' this on 2cool.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Find an apartment complex that does 3 mo leases or so. I had a 2 br, 2 ba in s Houston a few years back for $1400/mo. That included washer and drier in my apt. Sounds like a lot but, the place was nice, secure and ultimately, cheaper than sleezy motels. Hope you can find the likes in Baytown! May be about time to start camper shopping if you're gonna hit the road for a while.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Roseland Oaks subdivision has a park with a boat launch that leads into trinity bay with a boat ride...or you could trailer to anahuac and launch at the mouth of the trinity river and have great fishing without ever having to get up on plane. Baytown is an older city but the wife and I lived in Roseland for a year and it isn't half bad. (You could say it's trashy when comparing to Woodlands/Kingwood etc) Lots of good traditional mexican food and we never ran into any problems, people were nice etc. and its a quick drive to kemah for weekend fun with galveston only 50 min drive away.
1/4 mile race track stays busy and pink slips went there at one time. There's also a good gym/spa 24hr fitness off garth rd. As far as rental appartments theres some right behind 24hr fitness off garth rd near the hospital which is in a good centralized location and is pretty quiet. Had a coworker who lived there liked the location and said it was quiet. Hope this helps
Get with Hurtem on all the trinity spots....was only able to fish it a few time and every time i bottomed my boat out on sandbars and had to get out and push. If you have a big boat....make sure you r no where near a sandbar with the tide going out. You'll end up on it overnight as a friend of mine did. No Fun...lol
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

If you find Candlewood hotel its setup for extended stay and they are pretty nice normally, beats apartment since you don't have to clean or anything and probably about same prices
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Flounder

Cash: 686

What is there to do in Baytown? Only answer is you're only 30 minutes from downtown Houston.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,087

Don't go out after dark.......
Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Flounder

Cash: 683

Stonebrook apt on Rollingbrook dr are nice....15 mins to trinity bay...launch at Hugo Point boat ramp off Gou Hole rd,Puts you right in the marsh on the north end of Trinity Bay complex,,,,I live on the east side ,,stay north and east of Baytown and you will do fine. Some new apts in Mt Belvieu next to sonic off fm3180..about 3 miles north of I-10..Good Luck,
Stay away from the Lime Light club near the Bayer Plant...no , its not a bad place for a few beers after work.
Local Fishing / outdoor Show on Thursday ,Friday ,Saturday and Sunday starting at 4 am ( 610 am) Mickey Eastman is the host.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Go to Cherokee! Bikini shot girls! I worked there for about 6 months. I stayed at the baymont inn and worked at air products. There is a buffalo wings joint on the main strip there in a shopping center. Go there to watch games. I used to have fun in there talking smack with the texans but good people.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 614

You can be in sabine in a hour.. east bay in 30 min or fish trinity in 10..as far as rent or lodging im no good..shoot me a pm when here...
Old 09-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

Trinity Bay! Baytown is on the bay, get a RV and stay in Beach City, it's on the bay and 10-15 min from Bayer.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I have picked up some fun chicks in Baytown back in my single days...