SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-27-2014, 06:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
He sure knew a lot, guess it don't take rocket science like you try to make it out to

As stated above that marsh has some areas you cannot even drive your boat anymore due to overgrown runs
That's one difference between marsh and open water. Vegetation ain't always bad.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
He sure knew a lot, guess it don't take rocket science like you try to make it out to

As stated above that marsh has some areas you cannot even drive your boat anymore due to overgrown runs
Historically you couldn't drive a boat in there either, what's your point?

I don't try to make it out to be rocket science. It has nothing to do with rockets.

I'm just curious what this guy told you, or who you talked to at least. Amazes me that you can't expand upon what he told you, or give me a name. Then again, none of that helps your argument.

I find it hillarious that anyone that contradicts you is wrong, even if they are a wetland biologist, but when a FISHERIES biologist tells you something about somewhere that they don't work, you take it as gold. I'm not knocking fisheries biologists by any means, just saying they are fisheries biologists, not wetland biologists.

Would you ask a timber biologist for his opinion on the condition of a grassland? No, because that is not his expertise.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Thanks for chiming in, I knew you would explain some of these details better than I could. I'm more of a fauna kind of a guy.

I would be greatly appreciative for any reports or papers you could provide or point to regarding the ingress and egress of organisms.
I'll see if I can find that one. I think its a paper report, so if I remember to scan it this week, I'll send it to you. Its definitely an older report, but a good read none the less.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:58 PM
King Mackeral

BigGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I don't try to make it out to be rocket science. It has nothing to do with rockets.
Shortly before I left the Air Force Academy (civilian) we got funding approved to develop biofuels for rocket engines. Funds evaporated in subsequent government nonsense (sequester, etc.). But the point is there is interest in the Air Force relating to biofuel based rockets.

If you can figure out which plant back there will burn really, really fast when combined with an oxidizer or even better, one that has a naturally occurring oxidizer, then the sciences of marsh vegetation and rocketry could at long last be united.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
It was not me who talked to guys behind the weirs it was a guide and a local guy who lives here

But I did talk to the guys who were fish sampling
Oh my!! Bubble gums at his finest. This one guy told me an this other guy told me. Unbelievable
Old 04-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
Oh my!! Bubble gums at his finest. This one guy told me an this other guy told me. Unbelievable
O look Mr quack^^^ quack my duck who hides behind a computer screen and brags about using another man's picture as his avatar

Lmao yea NOBODY listens to you, we know how much of a coward you are you proved that

So come get some bubble gum maggot
Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Redfish

Quote:
O look Mr quack^^^ quack my duck who hides behind a computer screen and brags about using another man's picture as his avatar

Lmao yea NOBODY listens to you, we know how much of a coward you are you proved that

So come get some bubble gum maggot
You Bothered that your getting called out about running your bubble gums an making yourself sound like an ignorant person? Carry on bubble gum....
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
You Bothered that your getting called out about running your bubble gums an making yourself sound like an ignorant person? Carry on bubble gum....
Who is bothered?? I just love making you follow me like a puppy dog!!

That's all!! More you talk the more famous I get
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Who is bothered?? I just love making you follow me like a puppy dog!!

That's all!! More you talk the more famous I get
Expected response from bubble gum. It was either avoid the question or complain about weirs an widgeon grass which you know nothing about. You even even said you get your information from other guides an individuals. You're a pathetic individual. Try educating yourself bubble gum before you come on here trying to act like you know what your talking about.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Expected response from bubble gum. It was either avoid the question or complain about weirs an widgeon grass which you know nothing about. You even even said you get your information from other guides an individuals. You're a pathetic individual. Try educating yourself bubble gum before you come on here trying to act like you know what your talking about.

There's enough bull**** on this thread, if you're not gonna contribute, move on please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

You so mad!! How about you come with me for 6 hrs and I'll teach you more about our estuary than you could ever imagine... if you don't learn nothing I will pay you $1000 in cash

What day are you free
Old 04-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:

How can you say that if you didn't even talk to him. A good salesman can sell ice cubes to Eskimos. You, and others, tend to believe what y'all want to. Try listening to information and looking past the nose on your face. I don't make a living from the condition of the estuary like you and some others do. My livelihood is way more dependent on the Calcasieau Ship Channel than Calcasieau Lake. For your own good, and the good of the others that depend on the ESTUARY, I wish you would open up your mind. Listen to others who may not share the same thory as you, and learn. There are others on here that have opinions, theories, etc. that have helped educate me.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
You so mad!! How about you come with me for 6 hrs and I'll teach you more about our estuary than you could ever imagine... if you don't learn nothing I will pay you $1000 in cash

What day are you free
Can I take you up on this? Seriously. I don't even want the $1,000. I would just like the education, and I'll volunteer my boat and fuel.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
How can you say that if you didn't even talk to him. A good salesman can sell ice cubes to Eskimos. You, and others, tend to believe what y'all want to. Try listening to information and looking past the nose on your face. I don't make a living from the condition of the estuary like you and some others do. My livelihood is way more dependent on the Calcasieau Ship Channel than Calcasieau Lake. For your own good, and the good of the others that depend on the ESTUARY, I wish you would open up your mind. Listen to others who may not share the same thory as you, and learn. There are others on here that have opinions, theories, etc. that have helped educate me.
Did not talk to who??I spoke with the WL&F biologist here at Heberts last week either Thursday or Friday afternoon

We have greater problem other than marsh behind weirs I promise, like oyster dredging and channel erosion!

That marsh is no where close to being in danger like oystering and ship channel

But why are the Feds not protecting that issue??

Feds and duck lease owners are more worried about protecting a marsh than the land that supports the ship channel?

You can blow smoke up as many people's azz as you like but the only reason weirs are being closed is for DUCK hunting v land lease owners

Tell me why the weirs have never been managed till last year?
Answer = Big Money lease owners moved in!

CMON
Old 04-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Big Lake problems in order and if you can find one person who spends more than 100 days out here on the water that disagrees I'll shut up
#1 ship channel Erosion
#2 Oyster Dredging
#3 Weirs closure
#4 Marshes behind weirs
Old 04-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Big Lake problems in order and if you can find one person who spends more than 100 days out here on the water that disagrees I'll shut up
#1 ship channel Erosion
#2 Oyster Dredging
#3 Weirs closure
#4 Marshes behind weirs
Are these Big Lake problems or Big Lake fisherman/guide problems?
Old 04-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,771

Must not be manageing something right back there used to hunt back in that area with sono savoies lease in the mid and late 90s and would smash ducks every day from what I hear now it sucks back there I always hear all this crap about ducks dont like salt water marshes well im calling bs on that too. I can see closeing the weirs when tides run way above normal but not the bull crap they are pulling now.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-27-2014, 09:41 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
#1 ship channel Erosion
#2 Oyster Dredging
#3 Weirs closure
#4 Marshes behind weirs

I wouldn't limit the erosion problem to the ship channel (it's much bigger than that), and I might not rank order them the same, but "W" is spot on with the four biggest problems faced by the estuary from a conservation/preservation/habitat point of view. There were a lot of pollution problems in the 70s to the 90s, but the industries have cleaned up their act.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Nope, I have spoken to 6 crabbers in last 4 weeks
2 Shrimpers from Hackberry out of spicers
2 local oyster fisherman out of spicers
50 local camp owners and lake residents
1 hunting club owner
And about 15 of us guides
And this is our biggest issues but people who sit in a office don't have a clue what's going on out here

I'm thankful I have a job I can live off of and guiding is my 2nd income
We have hundreds who make full time living off this lake and are fed up with the lack of actions by CCA AND State

Have time to adjust limits but yet ignore the problems
Old 04-27-2014, 09:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallardhead View Post
Must not be manageing something right back there used to hunt back in that area with sono savoies lease in the mid and late 90s and would smash ducks every day from what I hear now it sucks back there I always hear all this crap about ducks dont like salt water marshes well im calling bs on that too. I can see closeing the weirs when tides run way above normal but not the bull crap they are pulling now.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2

Duck hunting has gone down hill everywhere since the 90's. The duck hunting problem is bigger than this and is definitely not needed in this thread. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk