SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 10-06-2016, 04:25 AM
mcjaredsandwich's Avatar
mcjaredsandwich mcjaredsandwich is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 5,366
Cash: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
**** you oompa loompa reject. At least my grammar isn't at a 3rd grade level, or my height.

If wasting money to argue with the 2 biggest dumbasses on SC makes me soft, then call me Charmin. That rat nest is the home of trolls and useless banter. Half of the posts are by one wannabe Saban towel boy (Know what I'm sayin, Rene?) who is a bigger troll than you could ever dream to be.

At least Salty finally decided to show back up it seems. Guess he finally came to grips with the reality that he could dish **** out and never take it when it came to his precious Sooners.
Woah Waltrip, you got him fired up!! LIVE ACTION
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-06-2016, 04:45 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
He cares about W and he is definitely a LSU hater no doubt. He's pissed off that he has to live neat "trashy" Baton Rouge. Just so happens that Bama and Saban have owned LSU "cents" 2012. If Moo State owned LSU like that he would be all Mullen right now. Ringing cow bells and all.



Trust me, I am 100% correct


Best was when they named him RainMan
Lmao



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-06-2016, 07:51 AM
FREON FREON is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 546
Cash: 583
Default

Good morning Gents.... How many of y'all had cornbread last night? I had the wife make a pot of axis chili and a pot of pintos and some of her great jalapeno cornbread. I don't usually start wanting it b4 the weather turns cooler, but for some mysterious reason I have been craving cornbread lately. Anybody else?
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:09 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREON View Post
Good morning Gents.... How many of y'all had cornbread last night? I had the wife make a pot of axis chili and a pot of pintos and some of her great jalapeno cornbread. I don't usually start wanting it b4 the weather turns cooler, but for some mysterious reason I have been craving cornbread lately. Anybody else?
Jiffy cornbread or homemade ?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
The only reason I drop by anymore is to watch the "guides" fight and make threats and to clown people for not being able to spell.


X2 made some good friends here but it's just *****ing now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
speck-addict's Avatar
speck-addict speck-addict is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 379
Cash: 975
Default

This is awesome. Almost reminds me of watch the presidential debate. Maybe even more interesting. This is why this site is steadily going to crap.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:58 AM
FREON FREON is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 546
Cash: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Jiffy cornbread or homemade ?
Homemade of course.......The Jiffy stays in the boat for tourney time.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:08 PM
CajunSteelsetter CajunSteelsetter is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SW LA
Posts: 190
Cash: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Were you on that jersey shore show?


See, that's why nobody wants to post on here. People who spend way too much time trying to think up comebacks to people's innocent posts and comments.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:32 PM
ckinchen's Avatar
ckinchen ckinchen is offline
Site Owner/Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Woodlands, TX / Hackberry
Posts: 11,645
Cash: 21,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSteelsetter View Post
See, that's why nobody wants to post on here. People who spend way too much time trying to think up comebacks to people's innocent posts and comments.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like we may go to zero because I have no interest in going back on what started this site which is to allow at least some fun and more open conversation with less moderation. There is no bashing on fishing or hunting reports people that do receive infractions and are banned.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:41 PM
youmyboyblue youmyboyblue is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Madisonville
Posts: 1,165
Cash: 1,152
Default

Regulate, regulate, regulate. For the sake of
Pete, it's a website for People to log onto for entertainment/knowledge for free if you choose. How can anyone whine and complain about something free to them???? Buy the site from Casey and run it how you want or don't log on or ****.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-06-2016, 01:56 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

We have 620 guest looking right now on site...


Must of had more links sent to other websites
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-06-2016, 04:20 PM
keakar's Avatar
keakar keakar is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Laplace
Posts: 1,869
Cash: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
Regulate, regulate, regulate. For the sake of
Pete, it's a website for People to log onto for entertainment/knowledge for free if you choose. How can anyone whine and complain about something free to them???? Buy the site from Casey and run it how you want or don't log on or ****.

what does a website like this sell for these days???????????????????


im not thinking of buying it, but I am curious what that initial investment would need to be to take it over
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-06-2016, 05:33 PM
youmyboyblue youmyboyblue is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Madisonville
Posts: 1,165
Cash: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
what does a website like this sell for these days???????????????????


im not thinking of buying it, but I am curious what that initial investment would need to be to take it over
About $899,000.00 but I'm sure Casey will take $299,000.00.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-06-2016, 06:19 PM
alphaman's Avatar
alphaman alphaman is online now
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LAFAYETTE
Posts: 4,079
Cash: 3,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
About $899,000.00 but I'm sure Casey will take $299,000.00.

That's a lot of money!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-06-2016, 06:30 PM
keakar's Avatar
keakar keakar is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Laplace
Posts: 1,869
Cash: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Sounds like we may go to zero because I have no interest in going back on what started this site which is to allow at least some fun and more open conversation with less moderation. There is no bashing on fishing or hunting reports people that do receive infractions and are banned.
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.


hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.


the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?


people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.


no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:51 PM
PotLikinisAhabbit's Avatar
PotLikinisAhabbit PotLikinisAhabbit is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lafayette
Posts: 707
Cash: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.


hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.


the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?


people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.


no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created
So what's your point?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:01 PM
DaPointIsDaBomb's Avatar
DaPointIsDaBomb DaPointIsDaBomb is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Erath
Posts: 478
Cash: 1,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.


hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.


the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?


people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.


no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created


Plot twist. The trolls that were banned at Louisiana sportsman were the ones who started this site. #mindblown
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:05 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
fish name
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.


hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.


the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?


people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.


no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created


Actually this site was started because there were a small group of people that got banned from las for speaking the truth. It was a whole site of trolls and people jacking with each other for the first year. It actually got toned down a lot after Casey bought it and is still nowhere near the amount of people messing with each other.
__________________
Brookshire Farm 100% Grass Fed Beef
http://www.brookshirefarm.com/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Thanks, I'm just livin by the code: Paint face, Shoot Beretta's, Bounce the Hen.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 13,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.


hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.


the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?


people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.


no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created
Please S T F U !!!!

Sincerely,

The Moderators....
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:38 PM
mriguy's Avatar
mriguy mriguy is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Barber Spur, LA
Posts: 5,007
Cash: 5,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Plot twist. The trolls that were banned at Louisiana sportsman were the ones who started this site. #mindblown
Isn't this a double post.. Nevermind
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map