SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738
Default Thanksgiving hunt

Headed out as soon as we ate thanksgiving lunch and got to the camp around 3:30. Did not see anything that afternoon. Next morning was slow as well untill I started calling with a doe bleat. Had a young 4 point walk out to look for the doe,followed by a young spike. Got slow again till 9:00 then two yearlings came out and watched them chase each other for 30 mins. Got out the stand around 11 am to stretch my legs and go check my trail camera. Like a idiot I leave my gun by the stand. Walking back to the stand a mature 8 point walks out. He busted me and ran the other direction. Got aggravated and went back to the camp. Decided to go to another stand the same direction the buck ran to around 1 that afternoon. My newphew and I were walking to the stand and we jump a big doe and what looked like the same buck chasing her. They never came back before it got dark. Made one more hunt this am and did not see anything,south wind was blowing 25-30mph. We decided to come home early before the bad weather came through. Came back with nothing to show for it but I had a great time spending time in the woods with family in gods wonderful creation. Going back wednesday and staying till sunday for a birthday present to myself. Hoping to bust that big ole buck!