SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickfontenot View Post
Yeah true but I guess wishfull thinking. The one in anuhac is very successful by the way. But I guess everybody put on there big boy pants at lacassine and we won't have any problems but the grass. Should be a season for the books!

I don't know anything about Anauhac but I would guess "very successful" would depend on who you ask.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Flounder

Cash: 621

The way it's ran is doing everything I just said. Everybody puts in a fee, draw from a hat, and everybody gets a blind. Easy. But I guess it can only work some places that actually have money to spend. But owell. And play catch up on what?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Flounder

I say very successful bc they have a system and it works. They d
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Flounder

They don't have people's boats gettin messed up bc some **** thinks he owns a spot on public land. That's what I consider successful. But like I said, I'm sure it's just wishful thinking and we shall see how this season goes. Maybe it will get cold and kill the grass and have plenty of spots to hunt.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
The way it's ran is doing everything I just said. Everybody puts in a fee, draw from a hat, and everybody gets a blind. Easy. But I guess it can only work some places that actually have money to spend. But owell. And play catch up on what?

Everybody gets a spot? At some point, there are going to be more people than spots. Then what? Also, you may get a spot but what's the point if it's a crap spot? The playing catch up was for the guy that mentioned my temporary crippledness.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I say very successful bc they have a system and it works. They d
Again I would say "it works" would probably be dependent on who you ask. There are some very very unhappy hunters in Missouri over their newly instituted lottery.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167
Default Anahuac NWR Regs

Looked up the regs, looks like they have separate units for lottery and then others are first come first serve. If you get there and don't get one of the 37 lottery blinds, then you have another option:

[SIZE=2]Hunters are required to check-in and check-out of the check station off of FM 1985. Hunters will designate a hunt pond on a first come first serve basis the morning of the hunt and will be required to remain in that area for that day’s hunt. There are a total of 37 hunt ponds to choose from, as well as, 6 Duck Hunt Areas (lottery draw), an accessible hunt blind and 10 Goose Hunt Fields (first come, first serve). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Looks like they are only open for 3 days a week also but that is probably to cut down on all the staff time it takes to perform the lottery draw:

[SIZE=2]Closed for Hunting[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]: Special Teal Season: closed. Regular Waterfowl Season dates: closed on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Closed during the split and closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I do like these rules though:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Scouting will only be allowed during the 7 days prior to the state Youth Waterfowl Hunt from sunrise to sunset.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]• Hunting parties must remain a minimum of 200 yards from other hunting parties and spaced ponds. Individual hunters within a party must remain a minimum of 50 feet from other hunters.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
and especially like they add this in the first paragraph:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]We ask that hunters be good sportsmen and respect the rights of other hunters afield. Sky-blasting flares game, leaves cripples and disrupts other hunters. Allowing birds to decoy increases your hunting success. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Flounder

You may be right. I'm not disagreeing with anyone on this. It would just be nice to have some sort of system if possible but from talking with you guys it just seems like a free for all is the best way to go about it. Should be fun.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Flounder

Well the sky blasting and respect for other hunters is out of the window. A lot of the guys just don't understand sportsmanship I guess. For all the guys out there that do fallow it, thanks good luck guys!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Well the sky blasting and respect for other hunters is out of the window. A lot of the guys just don't understand sportsmanship I guess. For all the guys out there that do fallow it, thanks good luck guys!
Yes and again these are the tv hunters who weren't brought up duck hunting. They don't know how! Weren't taught and don't care to learn. They only care about birds on the strap and will do whatever it takes to get em. That means 3 1/2 inch blind sided, black clouded bullets and sky blasting and crippling. Da he!! with learning to call and hide and set decoys and let em work. Noooooooooo, can't let one fly by no matter how high. Gotta cripple em or at least educate em!!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Yes and again these are the tv hunters who weren't brought up duck hunting. They don't know how! Weren't taught and don't care to learn. They only care about birds on the strap and will do whatever it takes to get em. That means 3 1/2 inch blind sided, black clouded bullets and sky blasting and crippling. Da he!! with learning to call and hide and set decoys and let em work. Noooooooooo, can't let one fly by no matter how high. Gotta cripple em or at least educate em!!
A 30 and 3 season would send most of these to the golf course.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Tell the Vastar road story again, it's my favorite
Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Tell the Vastar road story again, it's my favorite
I hate myself for not having a camera or for not stopping to talk to dat dude.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I hate myself for not having a camera or for not stopping to talk to dat dude.
Exactly! I wanna know his story!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Sounds like a good one! Gotta share!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM
King Mackeral

Looong before Rita I made a solo hunt off Vastar Rd. with my pirogue because I blew my outboard up and didn't have any other way to hunt. I killed my limit and was on my way out when I see this car on the side of Vastar. It was near the hump back bridge. As I got closer I could see it was a little toyota corolla with the trunk open. Right next to the car, standing in a small puddle of water was this dude. He was literally within arms reach of this little car standing ankle deep in what amounts to a puddle. He had like 3 decoys in the puddle with him all bumping uglies with each other. And there he stood, holding a shotgun right next to this car looking at the sky as if expecting some ducks to come into his awesome spread! I was so dumbfounded that I didn't think to stop to see how his day was going. I still have regrets over that!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Flounder

Cash: 451

Since when is there crying in duck hunting?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass2222 View Post
Since when is there crying in duck hunting?
Since the birth of barrell stickers, face paint, and flappy ducks!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Flounder

You know what's not funny about that story, which was the best thing iv heard all damn week, was that if lacassine had a road like Sabine has, the guys that are all hunting together and sky blasting would probably have there trucks right there doing the same thing. Lol you can help to laugh.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

LMAO! Now that's classic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2