SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Just checked my email... i sent this thread to my Dr to see what you could use for protection out on the water...

keep a big bottle of this in your boat....
I contains alcohol and if used right away will kill any kind of bacteria...

It also is good to use after handling Trout...It will take the slim right off your hands and dry them fast( Just found this out)

Every boat should have a bottle of Hand Sanitizer...Saltwater or Fresh...

Word from the wise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hand-sanitizer.jpg (27.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 07-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Here is some information that I found searching the web.

The doctors at John Sealy Hospital believe he has Vibrio vulnificus, a bacteria that kills tissues and cells as it spreads, which enters the body through an open wound.
In order to prevent infections after swimming doctors recommended spraying rubbing alcohol on open wounds immediately.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says Vibrio vulnificus is a bacterium in the same family as those that cause cholera which normally lives in warm seawater.
Vibrio vulnificus can cause disease in those who eat contaminated seafood or have an open wound that is exposed to seawater and in healthy people, ingestion of Vibrio vulnificus can cause vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Particularly vulnerable are those with compromised immune systems and those with chronic liver disease.
Vibrio vulnificus can infect the bloodstream, causing a severe and life-threatening illness characterized by fever and chills, decreased blood pressure (septic shock), and blistering skin lesions.
The CDC says bloodstream infections are fatal in about 50 percent of cases

************************************************** ********************************************

Here is a link with some good information: http://www.5starstables.com/HarveyWebsite.htm

I found this statement ….. Use alcohol, peroxide or diluted bleach water to clean immediately if a cut or abrasion occurs. Apply a triple antibiotic cream.

Triple antiseptic medicine: bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B

I looked for more information on what exactly is “Triple antiseptic medicine”…..but no luck finding it sofar.

In reading several accounts of people with bad cases of “Flesh eating bacteria”……the common mistake was waiting a day or so to get treatment.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Just checked my email... i sent this thread to my Dr to see what you could use for protection out on the water...

keep a big bottle of this in your boat....
I contains alcohol and if used right away will kill any kind of bacteria...

It also is good to use after handling Trout...It will take the slim right off your hands and dry them fast( Just found this out)

Every boat should have a bottle of Hand Sanitizer...Saltwater or Fresh...

Word from the wise
I keep a small bottle of that in my truck. Gonna hafta get some for the boat too.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 889
Cry arm

About a month or 2 ago my arm swoll up. It first started with a burning hurt in my right elbow. Next day red and swollen. Went to doc and she sent me to bone and joint clinic. They said it was celulitus. they put me on one antibiotic and 2 days later it was worse .Then they put me on bactrum and stayed on that other antibiotic and it took 2 weeks to clear up. They said it can errode the bone . Now elbow isnt red or swollen but cant lean on itwith all my weight. This happened after a weekend of fishing in leeville before it was shut down. Doc said they see it all the time and its bacteria gets in open wound. That stuff hurt and I dont ever want it again.