SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,170
Bounce A Surreal experience

[SIZE=3]Started off this morning with a stiff wind, light rain and a moderate heavy chop. Headed towards SW and found the cause of the wind, so we skirted the storm, the further south we went the better the water looked and the lake was calming down, by the time we reached LSU it was flat calm, we started picking up some trout on top water right off the bat, as daylight started breaking through the clouds, the TP stopped. I picked up a grub and started catching mixed sand / specks it was on until the ultimate strike, never seen them coming… out of nowhere a biga$$ swirl and it was on… set hook to find a Porpoise on the other end of my line, never in my wildest dreams would I have imagine hooking a Porpoise… I’m here to tell you it was pissed off, that thing started jumping and cutting flips and twisting …..it looked like we were at Sea World , then he bolted, peeling off a 150yds of braid in a matter of a few seconds, by this time he had 3 buddies joined in and they were all cutting up, you could see the trail of braid behind him, it was a surreal experience to stay the least. All in all it wasn’t a bad day we were back at the landing by 11:00 with 22 specks, threw back at least 40 sandies.[/SIZE]
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Did you keep em? LOL
Thats crazy.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Now that's funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

That's awesome. Your the first I've ever heard of catching a porpoise
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

my buddys wife hooked flipper one time at breton island.... it took all the line in the blink of an eye !
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Saw I guy hook one once at Breton off the Islander houseboat at night under the lights.
Dumb, drunk fool tried the thumb the reel.......took off the top layer of skin.......
Old 07-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 776

Cool story, I've learned to greatly dislike dolphins. They're cute and all but are super smart and have adapted to learn that we throw undersized and tired fish back and will follow fishing boats looking for easy treats in south Texas. I'm not trying to be the internet police but we have Atlantic Bottle nosed Dolphin here on the gulf coast, Porpoises are generally in colder waters...
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,170

[SIZE=3]I have been fishing for 40 plus years, I always thought they were too intelligent to be fooled by plastic bait, or live for that matter…. My buddy is a true Cajun, the first thing out of his mouth was I wonder what it is going to taste like J[/SIZE]
Old 07-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,014

Wow.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajundave View Post
[SIZE=3]I have been fishing for 40 plus years, I always thought they were too intelligent to be fooled by plastic bait, or live for that matter…. My buddy is a true Cajun, the first thing out of his mouth was I wonder what it is going to taste like J[/SIZE]
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

While fishing at the Cameron jetties 10+ years ago.....

I cut a crab in half, put it on a jig head and cast it out toward the front of the boat. I took the rod and wedged it in beside my ice chest.

I turned around and was rigging up another pole. When I looked back at the rod, it was bent over at a 90 deg angle. How it did not just fly out of the boat, IDK. I grabbed the rod just as there was a very big "swirl" in the water. Line started stripping off the reel and was now head off toward the back of the boat. There was a brief sighting of something very big which was witnessed by people in another boat.

Then in another second later [and 30+ yards away] the Dolphin came out of the water. The 15 lb test line then broke because I was tighting down the drag to keep from loosing all the line.

It was some very exciting 4 or 5 seconds.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 670

Crazy!! I've had a 7'+ gator take my cut-bait while catfishing just off the intracoastal before. It picked it up and ran about 50 yards before breaking off. I thought I had a massive cat on the line, but the gator surfaced shortly after the line broke. By now another gator was investigating the boat, so I figured it was time to move.