SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 04-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Bender View Post
Lightlickers are scum!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
[/COLOR]

Was you and Bonsack smoking
puff puff give
Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There are several pipeline canals on the Lacassine Refuge that are blocked off by the refuge. These canals were dug with tax money.
If they open private canals, they should open these also.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 829
Default Road ownership

On a public road the property owner can own the land under the road, the Parish has an easement that lets them build the road. My deed shows that I own 30' of the road in front of my house therefore I also own the mineral rights under that 30' of road.

Remember the court case a couple of years ago about the guys fishing the Miss. when it was at flood? They were up over the property line and the land owner had them served for trespassing. The land owner eventually won and the State got serious about publishing maps that showed what land the State owned and what was private land.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by swglenn View Post
On a public road the property owner can own the land under the road, the Parish has an easement that lets them build the road. My deed shows that I own 30' of the road in front of my house therefore I also own the mineral rights under that 30' of road.

Remember the court case a couple of years ago about the guys fishing the Miss. when it was at flood? They were up over the property line and the land owner had them served for trespassing. The land owner eventually won and the State got serious about publishing maps that showed what land the State owned and what was private land.
The guys that were arrested are known trouble makers in northeast La and were told more than once to beat it. They knew where they were in relation to the property lines but thought they could push the issue. The plantation they were trespassing on is owned by a guy with more money than they have made times 10,000 so it was a very stupid move.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 652

Quote:
publishing maps that showed what land the State owned and what was private land.
Here is the website you can view just what is private and public. http://doa.louisiana.gov/SLO/Disclaimer.htm

Just follow click on the tab that says State Lands and Water Bottoms. CLick around and take a look. The legend is rather confusing. I learned this way. If you click on imagery and choose pictures it will show a satelite image of the land. If the water has reds slashes it is private. Also if the water doesn't have any color it is private.

Here is a picture of catfish lake in golden meadow. They don't enforce the private property waterways leading to the lake. However, they are well within thier rights to do so. Catfish lake is public property so how would that work if they wanted to enforce the no trespassing policy.

WHat really gets my goat is the lack of enforcement. If it is private, it should be gated, no gate or signs, you can't hand out a ticket.
If you had a swimming pool in your back yard and no fence around it, and a couple of poeple drowned in your pool, you will be held liable. Same should go for this.

Catfish Lake.jpg