SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default 3 days

Stanly and Sam came in from California to get out for tuna. The first day we had only a morning window. It was going to get rough by 1:00. We made an attempt at it anyway. By 10:00 we were in crap. I got under a rig offshore and rode out the storm there. Many attempted to make the pass 18 miles away and had a lot of trouble. The over 2 inches of rain we had in about a half hour was so thick they could not find the mouth on radar and most of us do not have a track on it because we never use it except under rough conditions. Even with having a GPS mark in the middle of the mouth visibility was almost zero. The wind was high and so were the seas.

This does not show it well but it was rough after the storm passed by. On the way in we attempted to put AJ's in the box. We got 3 small ones and a 12-15 pound red snapper. It was so rough we had trouble fishing so we headed in with only 1 in the box. This one we got just before the storm hit.

The second day the winds were very high and we went inshore. The tide was wrong so the first few hours only got us a small flounder. As I was trolling a bank and fishing Sammy hooks up a nice trout. I pole down and we pick away at the trout. We even had doubles.

We managed 18 trout before the bite ended and they moved. I could not find them again so we continued the day. By now it is noon and the guys are still struggling with 2-4 fish in their boats. The bite is not there today. As the tide changes things pick up a little. and we find the redfish. A lot of shorts but still action.

We did find some good ones and managed a 1 person limit of reds to add to our box.

Ended up with a decent catch overall.

The next day We went for tuna. We got an early start and were half way down the river before sunrise.

We found the tuna and they were very big. We had 6 good fish on but the sharks were very thick and we could not get any to the boat. This was the action all afternoon. All the other boats were having the same problem. Kevin Beach had the same guys for 2 days and they went 1 for 17 for the 2 days. I went o for 6 yesterday

We only managed 2 blackfin tuna for the day. A lot of action and 2 tough guys with little to show for the day.

I stayed late the last 2 days but could not fill the fish box. Got home one night to see the Norwegian cruise line go past the house as I pulled in my driveway.

The cruise ships pass about 9:00 in the evening. Back up at 4:00 makes for a long day. Several in a row makes life interesting. Would I want it any other way? NOPE!!!

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 10-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Nice report and good work Capt!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Good report
Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

What kind of sharks were eating your tuna?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

I never saw any of them but the guys that did said they were very big. The tuna we were on were 100 pound class fish. One of the captains said he had a Large thresher eat his tuna. I had a tuna on for a long time then it turned into a shark that even with full drag I could not get into sight and eventually just wrapped a cleat and broke it off with the boat.