SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 912
Default Father's Day Bass

My brother bought a house earlier this year and there is a retention pond behind the house. He had caught a few gills and a small crappie, but he told me that he had seen a few big bass swimming around. We had decided to have a cookout at his house for Father's Day and do a little fishing as well. I had a feeling if there were some big bass in there that I could get one to hook up with a big minnow. I made a lap around the pond to scout it out. The water looked to be down about two feet, but I saw a couple of areas that looked promising. I fished one of the spots with my other brother and his son, but we didn't have much luck. I caught a bluegill that I would normally use as bait. I'm still not sure how the hook fit in its mouth. We decided to get a bite to eat and hit the other spot after lunch. My brother and I got set up and I put a minnow on the hook. I threw it out and said I didn't think it went out far enough. The words barely left my mouth and the bobber was under. I set the hook and the battle was on. I have to say, of all the big bass I have caught, this one fought the hardest. The pond had a lot of grass in it and the fish got buried, so I had to grab the line by hand and pull him to the bank. It isn't the biggest bass I have caught, but I thought it was decent for being in a neighborhood retention pond...

It was also a special day for my Pop. He was able to sit and watch all of his kids, and grandkid, catch fish together...

Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,843

Nice fish.....and I bet your Pop had a great Fathers Day. Thanks for the report.