SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 689
Default North to Mid-BL water clarity

Friday night i'm going to BL with my brother and cousin.... making a late afternoon/night trout trip. We're attempting to use his bowfishing lights(4 ft LED bars (qty. 2) around front deck) as "night time trout fishing lights".... if that attempt fails, we'll try to shoot some reds or hopefully run across a gator gar

1. Think it's worth the trout effort

2. how's the water looking

3. any advice that would help us have a decent trip is greatly appreciated(we're
easily entertained) perhaps potential flounder areas

thanks in advance(i'll post pics of our results if we have any success)
Old 08-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Hire Waltrip...
Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

Wow great advice. Why even bother posting this crap if you don't have any real advice. After all the guy looks like he's coming from Ville Platte so he cant just go look real quick. That's like an hour an twenty minute drive. But actually hiring W would be a sure thing lol.

The water was pretty clean from the south part of the lake all the way to Turners Bay when I fished last Sunday. The water around lake Charles and Prien Lake is not that clear but its clear right now for the area. I've been seeing lots of bait bunched up on the surface of the water but there's so much there hasn't been much busting it. You could always fish the dock lights around Prien after it gets dark. For flounder there's plenty of flats around the various channels like Haymark Turnaround and Clooney Island where I've caught flounder but it will be hit or miss. If you aren't familiar with those areas look them up on Google Earth. Your best bet finding trout will still be the south part of Big Lake but people have been catching them around Lake Charles. Hope this advice is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellman View Post
Hire Waltrip...
Old 08-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 620

I fished last Saturday and water was very clear almost to 210. We did not go all the way to 210 so can't say. Lights should work for trout and the trout are there for sure. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 689

thanks jl8200 and Jellyworm for all the information, we will try to make the most of it for sure. Also, thanks for not being a ***** like the first guy, because we might go to Big Lake a couple times a year at the most even though we wish we could go more. It's just a long hike for us to take on a bunch of "hopes and dreams" but we enjoy it every time regardless of results

i'll make sure to update y'all if we happen to run across anything!

thanks again!