SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default Shoulder Pain

I know that several of you guys here have had shoulder issues lately. I'm looking for some insight.

About a week ago, my shoulder started hurting. It started off just a dull pain as though I had slept on it wrong. That's really all that I thought about it. Since then, it has gotten progressively worse and is getting to the point that it wakes me up at night, often more than once. Normally, if ya sleep on it wrong, it goes away in a couple of days but, this seems to keep coming on and it feels like it's deep in the joint. Certain positions don't hurt at all, like in an odd position at my side or straight out in front of me. Every point in between hurts like hell so, it's hard to get it out in front of me which, in turn, makes it dang hard to paint a car!

I've never been a football or baseball player so, that's not it. Really, aside from a paint gun or 12 oz curl, I don't do much at all with it! What's y'alls take on it? Am I just being a sissy or, you guys with experience, think it's more?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Could b bursitis....
A bursa is a tiny fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body. The plural of bursa is bursae. There are 160 bursae in the body. The major bursae are located adjacent to the tendons near the large joints, such as the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.
Bursitis is inflammation of a bursa. When injury or inflammation of a bursa around the shoulder joint occurs, shoulder bursitis is present.

Bursitis is typically identified by localized pain or swelling, tenderness, and pain with motion of the tissues in the affected area. X-rays & MRI scans are two ways to test for bursitis.

Hope that helps!!
I knew my degree would pay off some day!!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,583

Sitting in a waiting room at orthopedic doctor for my shoulder right now. Can't wait.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Both of mine sound like they have gravel in them. Took an MRI about a year ago and both rotator cuffs are torn. I need surgery but I've been putting it off. I did get shots in both shoulders (steroids) and that has helped GREATLY. Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

Go get an MRI I had same problem , need to have both cut on but am getting cortisone shots now, also 800mg of ibprophrin /day
Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

If you are in alot of pain best thing is get it checked out. I jumped out a boat about 2 years ago and for the next few days my knee was killing me. Went to doc and I had torn my acl....sometimes it dont take much. Never had surgery and my knee also sounds like it has gravel in it,not good!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Go get an MRI I had same problem , need to have both cut on but am getting cortisone shots now, also 800mg of ibprophrin /day
UGGGHH! I just paid off over $5k on my wife and kid's medical a couple of months ago! I hate getting more med debt! Of course, deductibles have been met for the year so, I may give it a go.

I'm one of those stubborn types that truly/foolishly believes that it will go away. I'll give it a few more days and see how I feel. If it doesn't go away or, my wife doesn't get off my arse, I'm gonna go get checked out. I knew that several here had been having issues with theirs and wanted to get the insight.

Thanks to all and feel free to share more if ya got it!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Just think of it this way, If it is rotator It can get bad enough to where you won't be able to lift a paint gun. or a FISHING ROD!!!
Seen guys wait till it got real bad and they couldn't lift their arm above waist level
Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

You spend too much time with a long board and some 80 grit !
Old 07-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

I just got done doing a house for a guy who owns a PT pratice he gave me some excersice I'll text u his number when I get off this plane
Old 07-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,354

If you are in pain your body is telling you something is wrong. If your deductible is met, no reason to not get it checked. The longer you wait, the worse (and longer recovery) it will get.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

do this....
and this

i workout 6 days' a week...and when i bench, my cuff gives me problems...i do these to help stretch before and after a workout.

take ibuprofen for pain and for the anti-inflammatory so helps with swelling/swollen shoulders.

heres another

people can laugh all they want when i do these stretches...but come time to bench, im throwing up some serious weight, plus injury free....im the one laughing when they get hurt and all they can do is curls...ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES take a long time to heal, and will never be 100% just like any other joint malady .

take multivitamins..<<---that's probabaly your problem there...
fish oil pills,
and go to GNC /walmart and buy this supplement..called..glucosamine....i've recently ran out of mines and noticed a slight pain in mines, need to reup soon

ps...im somewhat familiar with painting...i've worked as resedential/commercial painter/ car/autobody and paint and sandblast offshore...i know a lil about it too.

Last edited by booyagasha; 07-25-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
Both of mine sound like they have gravel in them. Took an MRI about a year ago and both rotator cuffs are torn. I need surgery but I've been putting it off. I did get shots in both shoulders (steroids) and that has helped GREATLY. Just my 2 cents...
steroids do wonders on injuries, whether thats anabolic or not..lol
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

The Old Age is approaching pain
Old 07-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

Stop playing with yourself so much.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Sitting in a waiting room at orthopedic doctor for my shoulder right now. Can't wait.
That's from those big trout Casey put us on the other night....mine is still a little sore also...

Let us know how your shoulder turns out...
Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Got my X-Rays on right shoulder this past Wed., having the same issue.
Doctor wants to see if it is any kind of issue like calcium before doing an MRI.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Bounce

glucosamine chondroitin with msm (joint comfort adn renewal of cartilage) my joint hurt some times been jump 11 years and counting. saw the best of the best dr. out there!! stretch before u paint and do some shoulder excersises. ill show u some drills u can do to warm up that shoulder when i come pick up my truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRIPLE JUMP.jpg (36.7 KB, 184 views)
Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Blue Marlin

Dude can jump further than I could fall off of a ladder! Amazing! I'm gonna leave exercise alone for now but, I will be looking into some of these supplements. I don't think stretching is a bad idea at...for any occasion! If it won't let up, I'll see a doc and get his take on it. If he says exercise, then, that's what I'll do. Thanks to all of you for your insight. I sincerely appreciate everything that everyone had to say. Hell, that's why I asked this crew...I knew I could count on em!

However...Whoever said the old comment, can kiss it! Yeah, I'm gettin old but, hey, it beats the alternative!

BTW, Alphaman, ya oughta seen me trying to mask and paint your truck today! I had a friend here for a while that found it quite comical watching me try to move my arm! Hey, that's what friends do though...Right?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

My shoulder was hurting but thats because I tore my labrum in 3 places. We have some cream at boudreauxs called penetran plus. Good stuff.