SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,393

Three limits last two days but having to hunt til 8:30, 8:45 ish both mornings at Rutherford Beach lease... Late flight fog really hurt this morning. Only missed one limit so far and that was Wensday morning when I killed one.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachblind View Post
Three limits last two days but having to hunt til 8:30, 8:45 ish both mornings at Rutherford Beach lease... Late flight fog really hurt this morning. Only missed one limit so far and that was Wensday morning when I killed one.
Where's your blind? I hunt near the beach too
Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Flounder

Hunt Rutheford-Nunez estate, southeast corner of lease, blind # 17 I believe is what it was orignally referred to, You?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachblind View Post
Hunt Rutheford-Nunez estate, southeast corner of lease, blind # 17 I believe is what it was orignally referred to, You?
White hunting club. Right by rutherford beach road
Old 09-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Ok, I have a question. We killed 40 teal in two day on opening weekend. I went during the week one morning and it was very slow and I only killed three. Today we went and didn't fire a shot but blinds less than a half mile away were tearing them up. What gives with that? Why would they be a half mile away but no birds on my place. We have a nice hole in the rice about an acre or so and the water is about 8 inches deep.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

That's perfect setup.need more info. Birds were thick? What they got you ain't? Wind? You on a tree line?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Rice field. That happens this time of the season. Some rice fields stay consistent but 90% fall off after the first week and most birds head for the marsh. Buddy's place in grand C has consistently got better over the week opening weekend they got limits but birds weren't there til around 8:30. This morning they had their 16 in 9 minutes. I also heard a lot of shooting south of hackberry yesterday in the marshes and also around the big pasture are across big lake.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
Ok, I have a question. We killed 40 teal in two day on opening weekend. I went during the week one morning and it was very slow and I only killed three. Today we went and didn't fire a shot but blinds less than a half mile away were tearing them up. What gives with that? Why would they be a half mile away but no birds on my place. We have a nice hole in the rice about an acre or so and the water is about 8 inches deep.
Cuz they are wild animals with wings and can go wherever they want. What's good one day, can be poor the next. We have a blind that absolutely smashed birds last teal season and this year it's really sucking. Went to a hole a few days ago and smoked the birds very quickly, went yesterday with my wife and hardly saw any. It's part of hunting. But most people like to blame whoever leased them the blind, seems to ease the pain a little
Old 09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Redfish

Cash: 883

Went back to Pine Island today. Didn't think it was gonna be all that from the reports we got from the week. But we got our five man limit and they really liked the new robo duck. They fell out of the sky when they got a look at it.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
Cuz they are wild animals with wings and can go wherever they want. What's good one day, can be poor the next. We have a blind that absolutely smashed birds last teal season and this year it's really sucking. Went to a hole a few days ago and smoked the birds very quickly, went yesterday with my wife and hardly saw any. It's part of hunting. But most people like to blame whoever leased them the blind, seems to ease the pain a little
I was gonna comment something similar but was too lazy. But it's kind of like training my dog. I ask all the time, why the hell did he do that? But the simple answer is whatever they see, hear, smell, taste, or whatever 6th sense they have pulled em in that direction. It's just not the same world as it is through our human eyes.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,970

124 birds killed ....we've limited every day but one so far in our Pecan Island lease...had mine at 6:45 this morn our other blind hunted a little later but also limited
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

My spot hasn't been hunted since opening weekend. Headed out there Wednesday and Thursday hope to get in a mess of em.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
White hunting club. Right by rutherford beach road
I have leased from Joey since 1993 same blind, we are on the same lease, shoot me a pm and we can exchange some info, maybe make a hunt....