SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959
Smokin My type of Art!

Finally decided to get serious about the underside of the boat! There were some dis-laminated spots on the bottom, so I went out and got some vinyl ester resin and some Kevlar and got the bottom back to new. Let it sit for two weeks with some heat lamps, and then did an epoxy barrier coat by interlux. We did hard bottom paint this time, last year we ran out of ablative before the end of the season and were scratching off shells. We also wet sanded it trying to pick up a little extra speed. The wet sanding discolored the paint a little while it was dry, but we went under and it's all uniform now. I took a shot with the underwater camera and that's the second picture up above. After all that work, thought we'd have some fun, and I bought some red bottom paint to go over the blue and we decided to make some Dorado chasing Bonita! I'm not very artistic, so I let Mike man the brush! Hopefully it'll catch the eye of quite a few big ones!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

YOu fish out of Pez Vella(spelling) or you're on a mooring down there?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Trophy Trout

I actually have a mooring. They are still under construction at the marina. It's open, but they are charging crazy prices, and still have a dirt parking lot.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Great White

I was down there in March. My company gave me a week off, with pay, to switch crews, so we went down to C.R., just in case they changed their mind and wanted me to come back to work... LOL

I was wondering why the marina was so empty. Saw more on the moorings than in the marina. They gonna hafta charge $$$ to pay for that place.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Trophy Trout

BigGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I was down there in March. My company gave me a week off, with pay, to switch crews, so we went down to C.R., just in case they changed their mind and wanted me to come back to work... LOL

I was wondering why the marina was so empty. Saw more on the moorings than in the marina. They gonna hafta charge $$$ to pay for that place.
I don't know, they charge a ton, but only have 30 boats in a 260 boat marina. 10 percent occupancy can't pay for much... There is actually a finished Marina about an hour away called Los Suenos, and it has a waiting list because it's a little cheaper, a little nicer, and better managed. Eventually they'll figure it out though, and it'll be nice...
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoJohn View Post
I don't know, they charge a ton, but only have 30 boats in a 260 boat marina. 10 percent occupancy can't pay for much... There is actually a finished Marina about an hour away called Los Suenos, and it has a waiting list because it's a little cheaper, a little nicer, and better managed. Eventually they'll figure it out though, and it'll be nice...
I have fished out of Los Suenos a few times. Nice place. It is expensive, but good.
I seen an article about another new marina/resort being built farther South. Alligator Bay or something like that.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I have fished out of Los Suenos a few times. Nice place. It is expensive, but good.
I seen an article about another new marina/resort being built farther South. Alligator Bay or something like that.
There's one going up in like Puerto Jimenez. The fishing there is pretty good if you hit it at the right time. Crocodile Bay. I've never been to Puerto Jiminez, but I did go next to there in a place called Golfito once. Didn't fish, but the town didn't impress me. When I first came here I did a tour of the whole country and that was on the list of places to look at. I ended up buying my boat out of a marina really far north, in Playas del coco, and then I brought it down to Quepos because this is the part of the country with the smoothest water. I think the fishing is pretty similar all over the country, it just depends on what's hot, but overall on average, everything here is pretty similar.